Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

For the life of me I cannot get Fake.GPS working anymore :(

cheetah2k

Reaction score
It just doesn't work. I've tried about a dozen fake GPS apps and stuck on 2.4ghz. so my range is limited to about 20m. Totally ******. Youve lost me Parrot...

Steps I'm following. Enable fake GPS. Location middle of the US. GPS is on, but then airplane mode the phone.. open the SC3 up. Plug in USB. FF6 comes on. Turn on the Anafi. Check WiFi and stuck on 2.4... fcuk it.. my gps settings have accuracy disabled. Spoof gps is set in developer options

It just doesn't work. I've tried about a dozen fake GPS apps and stuck on 2.4ghz. so my range is limited to about 20m. Totally ******. Youve lost me Parrot...

If your range is only 20 meters, I would strongly recommend you send your Anafi and controller back to the place you purchased it with the requirement to get it repaired under warranty. Fake GPS programs will not help you with your problem.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
If your range is only 20 meters, I would strongly recommend you send your Anafi and controller back to the place you purchased it with the requirement to get it repaired under warranty. Fake GPS programs will not help you with your problem.

Regards Leif.

On 5.8 i get over 2kms... when Fake GPS works.. I just dont know why its stopped working. It was working with the exact same method before the latest update. now its terrible..

20 metres? You must be in the middle of a wifi factory. Anyone else having fake GPS issues? Is this parrots fault, is this something happening since a firmware update?

On 5.8 i get over 2kms... when Fake GPS works.. I just dont know why its stopped working. It was working with the exact same method before the latest update. now its terrible..

One thing that seems to fix a lot of unexpected issues is to remove FF6 and hard reboot the phone\tablet then reinstall FF6.
The other thing is what phone? Has it taken a update lately?
Something that worked before and does not work now can mean a corrupted file someplace. This is why I suggest starting over with a new FF6.
Sorry but thats the best I can tell you.

Reactions: cheetah2k
I've been doing this prior to the last update on android but since updating it doesn't work with this method anymore :( I just don't know what to do with the anafi. Flying anywhere in brisbane, Australia I get strong interference at 20-30m. On 5.8 (when it works using fakegps) over 2kms.. I really do not understand why 5.8 is locked here in Australia.. fcuking stupid. There needs to be an unlock ASAP or im selling it. I've never had issues like this with Yuneec or any other brand. Even Yuneec has 5.8ghz unlocked in Australia..

One thing that seems to fix a lot of unexpected issues is to remove FF6 and hard reboot the phone\tablet then reinstall FF6.
The other thing is what phone? Has it taken a update lately?
Something that worked before and does not work now can mean a corrupted file someplace. This is why I suggest starting over with a new FF6.
Sorry but thats the best I can tell you.
Done this also prior to starting this thread.. Removed and reinstalled the ff6 app and also cleared the dalvik cache. So over this ****. Why isn't 5.8 unlocked here in Australia like Yuneec and all other manufacturers.. just doesn't make sense having to go through this crap every time I want to fly because 2.4 is just useless unless you're on Mars

Maybe, but it does not change the fact that your Anafi is defective with only 20 meters on the 2.4 GHz band.

Parrot may have stopped that misuse of those illegal frequencies and effects in the different countries.

Regards Leif.

Usual questions:
- Did you search for free Wifi channels with a Wifi Analyzer App and change to a free 2.4 GHz channel in FF6 settings?
- Do you fly always in flight mode?
- Do you (or anyone near you!!) use any other Wifi, 4G or BT equipment like smart watch or so?
- Did you try to go to a higher place with SC3? Each meter higher increases flight distance. (worst case: flying over higher buildings with you located in a yard between those buildings will not work ...)
- Are there obstacles between you and the drone?
- Do you always hold SC3's antenna in the direction of the drone?

I think you know all this, but those things are the first to try.

Using the OnePlus 6T. Haven't ever had an issue until this latest update

so it's not really Parrots fault. But you must have a defective unit if it will not exceed 20m without losing connection and initiating RTH, unless you are using hyperbole stating "20m".

I've been doing this prior to the last update on android but since updating it doesn't work with this method anymore :( I just don't know what to do with the anafi. Flying anywhere in brisbane, Australia I get strong interference at 20-30m. On 5.8 (when it works using fakegps) over 2kms.. I really do not understand why 5.8 is locked here in Australia.. fcuking stupid. There needs to be an unlock ASAP or im selling it. I've never had issues like this with Yuneec or any other brand. Even Yuneec has 5.8ghz unlocked in Australia..
I have last firmware and app on android and fakegps work correctly :

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-29-15-04-12.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-29-15-04-12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2018-11-29-15-04-19.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-29-15-04-19.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
About switching to FCC mode... I have a oneplus 3T. To switch i have to launch ff6 with fakegps and data ENABLED. If no data, no switch. When it is in FCC mode, i have just tio start ff6 with data disabled and it is still on 5Ghz band.
All Is updated.

Reactions: cheetah2k
I just got it to work for the first time. Try completely removing the FF6 app from RAM by swiping it out of the recent apps, then relaunching with the new GPS location. It seems to use the location at app startup.

I tried 2.4ghz again this morning. Same spot. At 20m got the strong interference warning but I pushed through it and the warning went away.. strange but on a lesser occupied channel I ended up getting 3400ft before the next warning.. yesterday I panicked over the warning but I know now just to keep going. Still can't get 5.8 going. I'll try another phone later today. Thing is I haven't changed a thing from when it last worked. Only the latest update :(

About switching to FCC mode... I have a oneplus 3T. To switch i have to launch ff6 with fakegps and data ENABLED. If no data, no switch. When it is in FCC mode, i have just tio start ff6 with data disabled and it is still on 5Ghz band.
All Is updated.
So what your saying is to launch FakeGPS, select location mid US, enable. Keep 4g data enabled. Open FF6. Select 5G if it's available. Change to airplane mode. Pause fakeGPS. Fly.

?

@cheetah2k The following is the precise process I follow to get into FCC mode (5Ghz), previously I also had issues getting into this mode until if did the following:

On ANDROID device:
Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Location Access
Select "USE GPS ONLY"

On ANDROID device:
>Airplane mode and either restart or kill apps
>Open "FakeGPS" and select middle of the USA
>Connect phone to RC & power on Anafi
>Pause FakeGPS
>FF6 , select Network, 5Ghz Ch165 (FCC)
>Stay Offline or FF6 switches back to CE

works a treat for me.

Reactions: Skassa
So what your saying is to launch FakeGPS, select location mid US, enable. Keep 4g data enabled. Open FF6. Select 5G if it's available. Change to airplane mode. Pause fakeGPS. Fly.

?
Yes. I don't use airplane mode, but just close data connection, but it's the same.
If i stop flying, and later i fly again, if i start ff6 with no data connection it is still in FCC.
I can suppose ff6 check location/mode and startup connecting somewere. If no data, can't check and keep last mode.

Yes. I don't use airplane mode, but just close data connection, but it's the same.
If i stop flying, and later i fly again, if i start ff6 with no data connection it is still in FCC.
I can suppose ff6 check location/mode and startup connecting somewere. If no data, can't check and keep last mode.

Got it to work!

So for me I had to do this method with the OnePlus 6T
>Obviously MUST have location settings set to GPS only
>Quick phone reset (not necessary but I do it anyway)
>Disable wifi/bluetooth, keep 4G data on (***make sure data is on - the 6T must have data on!! I don't know why but without it, it does not work***)
>GPS on
>run Fake GPS, middle of USA, enable
>SC3 on and plug phone in and FF6 load
>Anafi on
>connect
>Select settings>network>manual then choose a 5G channel (I found lower channels go further)
>Airplane mode enable
>pause FakeGPS (to get correct distance from home measurements in FF6)
>Double check 5G is still on
>Fly!

Obviously the OnePlus 6T needs a slightly varied method. But this works 100% of the time now :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut