Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 - not on the App Store anymore?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnafiPilot1

Reaction score
Per title - I cannot find Freeflight 6 on the Google Play store.

Anyone with more info?

Reactions: oakie42
Hmmmmm.... yer correct....

I have posted the query on 2 of the Anafi facebook pages...

Last edited:
Interesting. Could be a updated coming out and they removed to older version for a reason. Will have to wait and see.

We will see - it is looking like either Google or Parrot have pulled it from the play store - as my installed history on my google account shows no mention of it!

Wiped like it never existed!!! :(

We will see - it is looking like either Google or Parrot have pulled it from the play store - as my installed history on my google account shows no mention of it!

Wiped like it never existed!!! :(

Ya mine is the same way. Four or five months ago someone mentioned they were working on a totally new App so maybe this might be the reason. Who knows with these guys. noidea (1).gif

is it still on itunes?? just checked.... yes it is..

Would be strange timing now thou... Most of France is in holiday mode for the whole of August!

Reactions: Zigzag84
Ok the parrot.com website has the APK as an download rather than a link to the Google Play Store - I have not installed it yet but it is not the same binary as the 6.5.2 original apk posted in the FCC mod thread.

They did state they were removing the toy sector to focus on continued development of there anafi and there anafi thermal.... Who knows but let's hope it's for the positive... If they do have a newer app and a better one at that let's hope they don't include the same systems as dji with no fly zones ect.

I'm crossing my legs and thumbs.

I wonder how the in App purchases are going to be performed now? Used to pay through Google Play so now what? ?

This is the only reason I started this thread - how the purchases going to be handled with this side loaded apk.

This is the only reason I started this thread - how the purchases going to be handled with this side loaded apk.

Well I suggest if you use Twiiter post on their Twitter page and ask whats going on or try sending a email off to support. If you have the time you can even phone them to see if they give you a answer.
I'm sure we would all like to know whats going on. ;)

Ya they renamed it "FreeFlight6-world-release.apk"
I hava just tried to install this on a tablet running android 8 that I do not normally use for the Anafi, but I have connected with it before, and the FF6 6.5.2 stops with a "Synchronization Failed. Check your internet connection" message. I had fully removed the previous version and restarted the tablet.

I hava just tried to install this on a tablet running android 8 that I do not normally use for the Anafi, but I have connected with it before, and the FF6 6.5.2 stops with a "Synchronization Failed. Check your internet connection" message. I had fully removed the previous version and restarted the tablet.

a user on the Anafi FB page had the same error message pop up with this newly named app...

I am getting this as well on my new device - sitting on the data sync dialog for a few minutes, then coming up with check your internet connection message.

Will have to see if doing an manual install of the OBB file from the FCC mod thread will allow me to get this installed!!

This is beginning to look like it was NOT planned.

Is there any wider problem with installing FreeFlight 6?
Today I installed it from independent APK site providing version for my 4.4.2 Android (previous to 6.5.x) and I was receiving "Synchronization failed. Check you internet connection" no matter what.
I hope there isn't problem with KitKat 4.4.2 on Galaxy S5. I was using it with Parrot Bebop2 and it was doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante