Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 - not on the App Store anymore?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a 24MB update come in for it on my Galaxy Tab A6.... :unsure: I only use the modded app on my phone though.....

It is strange. If I search Google Play for "Freeflight 6" it is not found but if I go into my installed apps and click on "Frreflight 6" the version 6.5.3 appears.

I had also FF6 version 6.5.3 on my Android Device (did not request any update).
Searched Google play 5 minutes ago and saw FF6 (! Maybe because I’m in France and it starts to propagate ?).
Google Play proposed me to update, which I did, and now I’m still on version 6.5.3...
No error yet (scrolled through menus but did not fly yet)...
Did not find any difference with the previous versions.

Browsed the iOS Apps and it is still on 6.5.2 both on my iPad Mini 4 and on the Apple App Store...

I have no info on ‘what’s cooking’ but something seems to happen...

Last edited:
Has anyone got any response from Parrot, via twitter or facebook?

It is looking more and more like Parrot has fallen foul of a google policy or something.

This is not something of Parrot's choosing as any new buyer of the Anafi would not be able to fly there new expensive paper weight (unless they are an iPhone user!) !!

The original update had disappeared from my play store updates, that I am baffled by. I also had to manually search for it on the google app store, and then download the update from the search. I too think it was hit by a google policy problem. I didn't keep track of the version changes, maybe I should do a complete re-install?

Last edited:
It's back again

Version 6.5.3

Updated on 28 Aug 2019

Downloads 50,000+ downloads

Update size 272 MB

etc etc

Note to self ; Get google play gift card in the morning :unsure:

I installed what it said was an update today 29th Aug but no fix for my video issue and was going to put in the feedback my issue but it has gone from installed and recent update list.

Back to my DJI drones I guess...

I didn't want to install small 23mb update to obviously fix a bug of sorts, (must be bug if only 23mb).
So decided to uninstall then reinstall the full package from play store. So uninstalled rebooted phone went to play store and there is no freeflight 6 app.
So now I can't use anafi today because of no app available on play store.
I know I can download and install from parrot website, but I will have to disable android security to allow third party apps to install. Which I think is totally unacceptable.
Plus feedback from support says they have no known problems with app on play store.
Which they obviously do.
Love the drone and all features and have never had any problems,
Very disappointed with parrot over this.

The version at parrot gives you 1.6.1-rc2 with newer drone and controller firmware.

Firmware would only download over mobile network saying no internet. Old version also had to be removed first.

Max altitude is 2.5 miles so be careful

Screenshot_20190829-130210.png

Last edited:
I take it I would have to uninstall the modded app and then install the official APK to obtain the firmware updates for the controller and drone???

I am waiting until FF6 6.5.3 appears stable in the Play Store before I update. It appears to have gone again so I will bide my time.
I think next monday (after summer holidays of parrot developer staff) parrot give new app/firmware tested by staff developer during summer holidays.

@IM35461 could you upload that APK someplace for others to test out?
It is what you get if you click on the Google play store link on this page.

284mb in size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01