Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 problem "can't detect your controller"

Czolgy

Reaction score
Hi all
I was out flying this afternoon when I lost the signal with the Anafi, the phone slipped out of the holder, it didn't drop. It returned to home safely( just a minor heart attack going on in the background). I noticed that Freeflight6 was showing that the controller wasn't connected, so i restarted the app. Still didn't show up, disconnected and re connected the cable a few times to no avail. I just got the dreaded we can't detect your controller. I tried reinstalling Freeflight 6, it didn't work either.
Went home tried two other USB C cables, no joy. it seems that the phone now thinks the controller is a powerbank. The charging icon is showing.
I did a hard reset of the phone, still nothing.
Any ideas?

If you are using an Android phone then the controller will normally try to charge it.
If you turn on the Anafi and the controller, without your phone attached, does the controller bind with the Anafi (solid blue light on the controller)?
I assume that your phone has a USB C connector and not a micro USB so it must be fairly new. Have you checked that the USB A connector in the controller has not been pulled loose by the cable when the phone fell? You can take the back off the controller using the torx driver in the spare propeller box. Just be careful when seperating the two halves of the controller as the battery is attached to the back portion.

Maybe the USB cable connecting smartphone and controller is broken after your "accident"!?
One worse possibility: one of the USB sockets (smartphone or SC3) is damaged.

I'll try opening the controller and report back. The controller binds with the Anafi.

Before pulling things apart, if possible try another phone with FF6 installed.

Opened the controller, the usb A connector seems fine. I tried on an old Samsung Note 3, it's just charging it also.

I would follow AaronB advice and test it with different phone....i have lg phone that i used with skycontroller 2 and 3 ,now it is not recognized by either controller,my new lg v35 phone is recognized by both controllers...weird part,my old lg phone is recognized by PC,it syncs so it seems to be fine.....?.

And in post #2 you were asked if
"If you turn on the Anafi and the controller, without your phone attached, does the controller bind with the Anafi (solid blue light on the controller)? "

So does it or not?

Czolgy obviously had a SUDDEN disconnect. Before everything seemed ok!?
Why should he test other phones?

My Pocophone is recognized by my pc and the Samsung Note 3 also. Both get the 'can't detect controller' and both show that they are charging from the controller

And in post #2 you were asked if
"If you turn on the Anafi and the controller, without your phone attached, does the controller bind with the Anafi (solid blue light on the controller)? "

So does it or not?
It binds with the anafi, solid blue light

Czolgy obviously had a SUDDEN disconnect. Before everything seemed ok!?
Why should he test other phones?
Like i explained in my post,i have similar problem with one of my phones,worked fine and suddenly is not detected anymore...if another device is working with skycontroller than issue is not with skycontrollers usb....if a different phone is not detected than he should contact parrot and ask for a new skycontroller..(he already tested different cables)

That seems to be my next move.
I've also tried it with a Samsung Tablet, both it and the Note use micro usb cables.... same result, it just shows them charging.
I've had it the Controller for today, time to get some sleep and regroup for tomorrow.
Thanks tor all everything so far, I'll try anything, so if anyone has any more suggestions please keep them coming. I'll keep you all informed of any updates/resolutions.

I've also tried it with a Samsung Tablet, both it and the Note use micro usb cables.... same result, it just shows them charging.
I've had it the Controller for today, time to get some sleep and regroup for tomorrow.
Thanks tor all everything so far, I'll try anything, so if anyone has any more suggestions please keep them coming. I'll keep you all informed of any updates/resolutions.
Call Parrot,let us know if they know the answer

No, I think you tried everything. As I said in post #3, possibly the USB-A socket is faulty due to mechanical stress.
Hope you get a new one!

Have you tried a different USB cable?
I tried a new shorter USB cable yesterday and it would only charge the phone and not connect. My other micro USB charging cable works fine before that and after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut