Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight and Huawei

Illirijus89

Reaction score
Please, can someone explain me why freeflight app its not working anymore on Huawei P30 (don't know about other Huawei devices).
I was writed to Parrot and they just said that there is no more support for my device, so what i need to.do now, to buy another phone only because of one app, everythin was worked before around two months, why suddenly now is problem...

Probably because Huawei is banned in many countries and updates will not happen.

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
scroll all way down and you will see all versions of freeflight 6,you can try downloading version 6.6.6.8,it came out in early april of this year, version 6.6.6.9 came out month later and that when your problems started i believe

Reactions: Illirijus89
scroll all way down and you will see all versions of freeflight 6,you can try downloading version 6.6.6.8,it came out in early april of this year, version 6.6.6.9 came out month later and that when your problems started i believe
Thank you i will try that. Is this modded app? What about fcc?

Still same ..it, cannot beliave really start to piss me off. Thank you for your help anyway.

I think you need to delete/uninstall EVERYTHING from FF6, before reinstalling the older version
It might be that your problem, once on the device, survives "standard" uninstalling!
I had something simlar in the early month this year, my Huawei tablet switched from FF6 working to FF6 not really, after an update. I started to install (re-install) older versions, but never got it running again. But also never tried to delete all of the FF6 things from it.

This is rhe answer from parrot support:

I'm sorry to inform you that if the phone is not compatible with the drone we will not be able to do anything from our end what you need is to use a compatible phone with a compatible operating system in order to fly your drone.

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
This is rhe answer from parrot support:

I'm sorry to inform you that if the phone is not compatible with the drone we will not be able to do anything from our end what you need is to use a compatible phone with a compatible operating system in order to fly your drone.

Hmmm think I told you that last week. LOL
Sorry your phone is not working but just go out and buy a cheap tablet or phone that is on their list with Android 7 or above and you are all set. I was very disappointed when the App had to have Android 7 or above as my tablet could only be upgraded to Android 5. I ended up have to upgrade my phone to fly. Just the way it is.

agree with Augustine... too much effort trouble shooting, just takes the fun out of hobby
I think it is a good idea to have a dedicated phone for drone anyway..
you really don't need cell service or sim card... just wifi so you can update maps
I can do that by using my regular cell as hot spot if needed
Galaxy S7 seems to work well for my needs, at least for now
Good luck

• Angry
Reactions: HBR and Illirijus89
Please, can someone explain me why freeflight app its not working anymore on Huawei P30 (don't know about other Huawei devices).
I was writed to Parrot and they just said that there is no more support for my device, so what i need to.do now, to buy another phone only because of one app, everythin was worked before around two months, why suddenly now is problem...
Hi,
I just tested the latest version (6.7.6) on my Huawei P30 and it works perfectly now... Looks like nothing to do with Huawei "spying" on anyone here... Just an old bug apparently.

Works on my P30 Pro, though I'm having an issue trying to buy the Follow Me mode via in-app purchasing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood