Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight on Windows 11 ?

S.C.C.

Reaction score
Anyone managed to run Freeflight on a Windows 11 machine ? I have a nice Windows tablet which would be much nicer than my phone, I see Microsoft adverstising Win 11 "native support" for Android apps for some time now, I also tried with Bluestack (which looks quite heavy on the processor), but the app just doesn't work...

Does your Windows tablet contain the hardware ressources needed by Freeflight 6 (Wifi, GPS)?

Why need WiFi?

Does your Windows tablet contain the hardware ressources needed by Freeflight 6 (Wifi, GPS)?
The tablet has both WIFI and GPS, but with another app that started correctly, I could not use wifi to connect to a camera. With FreeFlight it was even worse, it was just stuck on the first screen, I couldn't do anything.
Of course the goal would be to use the controller instead of wifi, in the case of FreeFlight...

Hey! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble running Freeflight on your Windows 11 tablet. Have you tried running the Android version of the app using Microsoft's native support for Android apps?
Does it work well for you? Both with the controller and with direct wifi connection to the Anafi?
I finally installed Win 11 but now I'm suspicious as they say you need Amazon store (and Amazon account) in addition to the subsystem... I don't want to corrupt my Win 11 installation that works fine, considering that I use this computer for other applications (it's a tablet but a real PC)!
First I'd need to enable Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform in the settings, then download Amazon Apps from the Microsoft Store...
But Freeflight was installed through Google Apps on the phone, so... did you get it from Amazon on your Win 11 tablet?

I tried this but FF6 crashes after showing the license text.
I copied FF6 from APKmirror.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian