Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FreeFlight6 Update June 27th

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
WHAT'S NEW
Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6. We strive to offer you the best user experience possible.
Check the new features of our latest update:
-You can now analyze thermal videos and photos from the gallery.
-Choose between manual or automatic calibration of the thermal sensor.
-Next to the shutter button, check the remaining recording time or remaining number of photos before the SD card is full.
And even more to discover!

WHAT'S NEW
Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6. We strive to offer you the best user experience possible.
Check the new features of our latest update:
-You can now analyze thermal videos and photos from the gallery.
-Choose between manual or automatic calibration of the thermal sensor.
-Next to the shutter button, check the remaining recording time or remaining number of photos before the SD card is full.
And even more to discover!

The update only appears to most cover Anafi Terminal in the Android edition. Without having been flying I can only see it is the version number that has changed from 6.51 to 6.52.

Maybe I overlook something?

Regards, Leif.

The update only appears to most cover Anafi Terminal in the Android edition. Without having been flying I can only see it is the version number that has changed from 6.51 to 6.52.

Maybe I overlook something?

Regards, Leif.
Thats my impression to Landbo

Reactions: Landbo
I don't use iOS but from some of the comments on Parrot Anafi Owners Group facebook I see people saying they are getting GPS errors very close and disconnects very close.
When I was out today using my Android phone in the middle of no where, nothing but bush as far as you can see I had a good GPS lock of over 20 sates. As soon as I lifted off and hovered I lost GPS and had the warning no autonomous flights were possible. This lasted about 40 seconds and then GPS came back for the rest of the flight. I am hoping this was just a one time thing but it seems with every update they take one step forward and two steps back.

That's not good! ? My flight yesterday with the new update was without problems.....fingers crossed. I'm just getting really into doing good video with it.

Unfortunately, even 5+ months after reporting these issues below, Parrot has yet to release a fix:

I have discovered 3 related issues with Flight Plan:

The drone pauses at each waypoint when any of the following occurs:
  • There is a camera angle adjustment after the waypoint
  • There is a speed change after the waypoint
  • The drone is flying "backwards" (flying one direction but looking behind)

The drone should NOT pause at waypoints due to these items.

Camera Angle Adjustment: Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete). There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

Speed Change: When there is a speed adjustment after a waypoint, the drone should NOT pause but should cross the waypoint and begin to accelerate/decelerate to the new speed.

Flying "Backwards": There is no reason the drone should pause at each waypoint when flying "backwards", it should smoothly fly through each waypoint without pause or hesitation.

This test flight I did today after the latest update shows the issue still exists, all of these waypoints were set as "fly-by" waypoints and should have had no pauses, everywhere you see the speed drop to nearly 0 is where I had set a camera angle change, the waypoints where there were no camera angle changes set the drone flew smoothly past.

94579.jpg

Hi Guys

I tried to update my skycontroller 3 with the latest firmware 1.5.1.

After 5 minutes the process was still on "update and reboot". As nothing was going further i pressed "cancel".

Nevertheless my skycontroller 3 displayed "it's updated on the last version 1.5.1.

But as i did not finish the update, i want to do it again, but i have not the option in Freeflight 6.

Do you know how to reinstall the update anf force skycontroller to re-update ?

Thx a lot for your answer

Have a good day

Benoit

Hi Guys

I tried to update my skycontroller 3 with the latest firmware 1.5.1.

After 5 minutes the process was still on "update and reboot". As nothing was going further i pressed "cancel".

Nevertheless my skycontroller 3 displayed "it's updated on the last version 1.5.1.

But as i did not finish the update, i want to do it again, but i have not the option in Freeflight 6.

Do you know how to reinstall the update anf force skycontroller to re-update ?

Thx a lot for your answer

Have a good day

Benoit
See your 2nd identical post:

Possible Freeflight 6 V6.5.2 bug identified:

I usually use an SD card reader via Lightning connector to download media from the ANAFI directly to my iPhone XS Max. However, any videos recorded after I upgraded to V6.5.2 for ios, do not show up on the card when viewed on the phone. Photos are there, as well as pre- V6.5.2 videos. So, I have to transfer them via the ANAFI's Wi-Fi, which is very slow and a real battery burner as well.

The videos are present when viewed on the SD card in my PC.

I would hope that Parrot addresses this in their next update.

Possible Freeflight 6 V6.5.2 bug identified:

I would hope that Parrot addresses this in their next update.

Unfortunately, Parrot does not change anything if you forget to inform them of the problems you encounter. ;)

Regards, Leif.

Unfortunately, Parrot does not change anything if you forget to inform them of the problems you encounter. ;)

Regards, Leif.

OOPS! I thought that Parrot took all its bug reports from this forum! :unsure:

OOPS! I thought that Parrot took all its bug reports from this forum! :unsure:
We are not affiliated with Parrot in any way, we are just a community of enthusiast Parrot users who like to share information to the community. So if you have found a bug\glitch you should relay your findings to Parrot Support at the email or phone numbers listed in post #10

Regards, Leif.
Done. I received the following very prompt reply from Parrot:

"Regarding your issue we can try to reset your drone but before doing that make sure to transfer all your files
In order to reset your drone press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Then take a video sample and try to view it using your lightning cable on your iphone

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320