Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FreeFlight6 V6.7.4 on App Store

Have you tried to take off Anafi in manual flight mode first and then initiate flight plan while it is in the air hovering?
Yes, + everything is possible, thank you. I ordered a new Anafi. The old one becomes my spare drone. I will use this without updates for the flight plan. (Flew 2,5 years and 300 flightplans without a problem) I still have to find out which APK app works well with the firmware version on the new drone (not yet 1.8 I think) and the flight plan. In our urban environment with a lot of vegetation, buildings and in CE mode, the signal is usually too low to fly the Anafi manually. Again, thank you very much.

I sorry but
I do not believe in conspiracy theory on the part of Parrot, they cannot eliminate violating consumer rights, the problem is in the mismanagement of the support, the chances of having an answer to the problems are almost nil and among the pilots we have to look our own solution, fortunately there are people in the forum more expert than them
The European law in this case EASA says the flights in Open Category A1, C1 where anafi is classified can fly using the automatic plan
do not confuse automatic with autonomous which are two different things

Back to the test
Once again delete all FF6 data and reinstalled FF6 previous version one before last one ,the situation got worse at that point with even no image connection , it seems to be no more compatible with the new Fw 1.80, tried with older versions with the same issue no image ,getting frustrated I resolved to remove everything again and try the mod SE latest version.

Unfortunately nothing change . I repeated making new mission , load saved one , different location ,etc etc

Next step is to do hard reset on anafi

Just Anafi hard reset done and tried again but no succeed stay hovering
what next? to get another android device install app ,try again

Something to report. Hand landing won't work for me anymore, drone motors keep spinning while landed on my hand they used to shut off last firmware.

Something to report. Hand landing won't work for me anymore, drone motors keep spinning while landed on my hand they used to shut off last firmware.
I have good results with hand landing under this update. I let it hover about 3 feet above my hand, then hit the landing button. I make a point of holding my hand very flat and steady.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
I have also no problem of hand take-off and landing with the new software updating.

Coming back again
Testing hand launch with mod app last version , no issues at all

FlightPlan
I installed the FF6 the original one in other android 9 device, same issue with flight plan, then remove everything and installed the FF6 mod app nothing changed no mission

I connected the anafi without SC3 just through WIFI with android 6 tablet and FF6 6.6.3 then run flight Plan without any issue but if I try to use the SC3 with the tablet won't get image the same with previews FF6 no image if just connect through WIFI
For me it is clear that the bug is between SC3 FW and FF6 and not anafi
as I mention before anafi works using other flight plan like Pix4dCapture
I need to go further for more test without SC3

I reported this new issue with automatic landing in a mission or pressing land bottom Since new FW

when landing, fly up and down hard and bounce and turn upside down

Attachments

• anafi flip.gif
    anafi flip.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 12
You are right. One more question: Is there a way to turn off automatic updates and upgrades when everything is working fine?
I didn't turn anything off. I am using an application modified by Anafipilot1 (6.6.2 battery mod) and I simply do not click on the update button. It goes with the old 1.6.3 firmware without any problems.Screenshot_20210711-122429_FreeFlight 6.jpg

Flight Plan using FF6 version 6.73 on another device without SC3 it just crashed the app but went to the mission at that moment were not control over anafi, finished the mission I connected the SC3 without FF6 to land

Landing became a kamikaze ,very weird behavior after latest Updates

Today manually and auto land can finish in a crash, it seems to be something wrong with the barometer cannot calculate the altitude and reject to land doing fly up and land hard consequently the anafi jump back
I was using FF6 mod SE last version
See previous post with attachment

I myself found a temporary solution for the FlightPlan after the update Freeflight6 V.6.7.4 software version 1.8.0: take off but no start flightplan.
I noticed that every time the flight plan made on site worked and plans made elsewhere did not. So I did additional testing with pre-home plans that didn't work and on-site created plans. On site created plans always work, off-site created plans random only take-off and start- no start. Don't ask me how this is possible.

Last edited:
Updating test with Flight Plan issues

Yesterday I tried different old version till from 6.74 to 6.6.6 on android 9 none of them could connect the video image using the SC3 beside last version 6.74 and flight plan worked in some of them using Wifi to connect the device , no SC3 but all of them crashed leaving without control for a while the anafi until reconnected with SC3 to land
I have done what highanddry suggested beside to use a device with android 7, can not see any improvement

This is very weird I not sure if are more pilot having the same issue and also with landing as I showed in previous post, this happens yesterday all the time when landed ,absolute not normal like he reject to land, I have more video to show and will post soon and all is began since last updates
Issues when connect SC3 with oldest FF6 version , No camera image,

Updating test with Flight Plan issues

Yesterday I tried different old version till from 6.74 to 6.6.6 on android 9 none of them could connect the video image using the SC3 beside last version 6.74 and flight plan worked in some of them using Wifi to connect the device , no SC3 but all of them crashed leaving without control for a while the anafi until reconnected with SC3 to land
I have done what highanddry suggested beside to use a device with android 7, can not see any improvement

This is very weird I not sure if are more pilot having the same issue and also with landing as I showed in previous post, this happens yesterday all the time when landed ,absolute not normal like he reject to land, I have more video to show and will post soon and all is began since last updates
Issues when connect SC3 with oldest FF6 version , No camera image,

That is because your drone is running firmware 1.8.0, the latest drone firmware will not work with older FF6.

Weird landing since FW 1.8

three sequences View attachment 5668
If I do a manual landing, I go down MUCH slower near the ground than you do. Then landing is easy. Perhaps give it a try?
Also I would never use firmware (drone, SC3, battery) and software (FF6) versions that are not published together. Unpredictable things can happen if you e.g. use newest drone firmware together with old FF6.

If I do a manual landing, I go down MUCH slower near the ground than you do. Then landing is easy. Perhaps give it a try?
Also I would never use firmware (drone, SC3, battery) and software (FF6) versions that are not published together. Unpredictable things can happen if you e.g. use newest drone firmware together with old FF6.
This. You need to use the FF6 version that was released with the firmware for SC3 and Anafi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking