Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GE photo location?

Rocky the FS

Reaction score
I asked this about a year ago, but never found an answer. When you download maps from GE onto the FF6 app, where do they reside? If you move to a new location and download that map, does it replace the previous one? If you download a large area, does the resolution suffer? Thanks for any input on this.

The size is always the same if it’s 10*10km it will be like that for every location

I asked this about a year ago, but never found an answer. When you download maps from GE onto the FF6 app, where do they reside? If you move to a new location and download that map, does it replace the previous one? If you download a large area, does the resolution suffer? Thanks for any input on this.
In regard to loading a new location, yes it overwrites the previous location. That has been my experience with flight plan and just flying at a new location. Can't tell you where it is located/stored on the device. I do believe that map detail is influenced by the size of the map area you are downloading. Can not refute or confirm that they are all 10*10km at this time.

I am just saying it will always be the same size regardless of location

I can't answer the "where is is saved" thing.
ButI can think off that it is in the maps app, outside the FF6
Perhaps look it up there?

But it most likely will always be the same size.
Which you can determine by yourself, I think:
At least in the flight plan mode, in case you have downloaded a map, switch off the internet connection and move the map away from the center.
You may have to restart FF6 for it, otherwise the cache could have saved a much bigger area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut