Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gimbal motors broken?

Themmost

Reaction score
Hi! My Anafi fell on some rocky ground from about 5 meters.

Two after market propellers broke and there is a little scratch on the battery. Other than that I can't see any physical damage.

The drone turns on as usual and delivers a clear camera image. I can't move the camera anymore though and the gimbal doesn't initiate anymore after the four propellers initiate.

I opened the drone and can't see anything wrong here. Any hints what the problem could be and how to troubleshoot the drone? Gimbal motors broken?

Last edited:
More then likely the connector needs to be re-seated. I had this problem and it took a few tries to get it to work right. Open the Anafi and check the connections.

More then likely the connector needs to be re-seated. I had this problem and it took a few tries to get it to work right. Open the Anafi and check the connections.

Thank you very much for your reply. I opened the drone and found a lot of plugged in connectors that seem fine (most of them yellow/red/black). Is there a specific one you think might be loose?

From when I had a problem with mine (spent the winter up in a tree) all I did was follow the cable from the gimbal to the board on the Anafi. It took several tries. First I got movement back but lost video, then I got them both back. Wish I had pictures but I don't. You should be able to tell which cable is with the gimbal very easily.

You may also want to try a hard reset of drone
I believe I had a similar issue after drop -
camera would not initiate on power up, tilt would not work, and would not allow a manual camera calibration
I think the zoom function was fine though
see attached troubleshooting guide for gimbal issues

Attachments

• troubleshooting_anafi (1).pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for all your suggestions. I don't know if it was the fiddling with inner drone parts or some dirt in the gimbal mechanism, but the gimbal is working again! :)

Now, I have another issue: the Anafi won't recognize SD cards :/

Opened another thread for this, as this problem here is solved: Anafi doesn't recognize SD cards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quinzee