Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help please. Smartphone won't connect to controller

PROGRESS.
I tried connecting the Ipad and it worked using the spare controller that didn't come with the drone. I then connected the drone to the spare controller until it paired. Then unplugged the USB cable and plugged in the phone and it worked with the original phone cable. I then tried several other cables and some worked while others didn't, the "data" cable that I bought being one! So the only left to wonder about is why the controller that come with the drone doesn't connect.
Anyway many thanks to all who chimed in and I'm hoping to be asking about operational matters in future.
All the best.
PCUK

Reactions: zandoli
Hi, my controller won't connect to my Moto X4. My X4 also has really bad connectivity problems with Android Auto. I researched that issue and it seems it's a hardware/firmware issue with the USB data port and a lot of people have problems with the data connection in the port. People report certain brands of USB cables work better than others (this has been true in my car), but none are 100%. I would not settle for less than 100% flying a drone. Mine's a different phone, but it seems like it may plague Moto phones. I just use an older phone of mine that works perfectly just for flying the drone.

I've now ordered an Ipad Holder for the controller and intend using that in future if the whole thing isn't too bulky.

Have you checked the Compatible phones list ? I suspect your phone may not be up to it.

Just noted you intend using an ipad so that should sort matters. What holder did you get? There is an excellent 3D printed holder with lanyard connector and insert for the controller switch to keep it OFF when open so you don't waste your battery. Available designed for a variety of tablets to order from Ebay vendor. I can post the link for anyone who is interested. About £14 as I recall delivered free in a couple of days in UK.

Last edited:
Thanks, I would be interested in seeing the holder you describe as I bought a very cheap one of Ebay that works OK but really needs provision for a neck strap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456