Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Horizon Problem

JosBeck

Reaction score
Hello
I’ve had my Anafi for a couple weeks. I decided to buy it instead of buying another DJI to add to my collection. Seems the horizon on this thing just cannot be corrected. Camera horizon correction and gimbal correction does nothing to fix this. I also notice that when I bank left or right the gimbal seems to hold steady until I straighten out. Then the horizon is even more out of wack.

I’m considering a return since I’ve done everything I could come across to fix this. Has anyone any advice before I do an exchange? I’m pretty disappointed.

Attachments

• D8EB97AA-4B7F-409C-9369-3497C7178E32.jpeg
    D8EB97AA-4B7F-409C-9369-3497C7178E32.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 50
Just going by this picture alone, I'm not convinced that you actually have a problem. I have so many photo's that sort of look like the horizon is off, but the reality is that the land has contours in those places & it's been a trick of the eye, so to speak. If you look at the trees in the foreground, they seem pretty well upright.

Maybe share some footage of the gimbal locking as you bank with us, so we can clearly see what's going on for you?

Just going by this picture alone, I'm not convinced that you actually have a problem. I have so many photo's that sort of look like the horizon is off, but the reality is that the land has contours in those places & it's been a trick of the eye, so to speak. If you look at the trees in the foreground, they seem pretty well upright.

Interesting. I was skeptical at first but if you zoom in I think you're right.

I have had a few wonky horizons but it resolves itself quite quickly or with a quick handheld roll left to right before taking off.

Nope, I’ve gone over all the advanced procedures to calibrate the camera etc... it’s just crooked. The cooling fan has always been real noisy also. I just opted to exchange the entire package just now. This is the first time I’ve ever had an uncorrectable gimbal or camera issue. This particular Parrot is only two weeks out of the box. No bumps or crashes or anything like that.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Oh well at least you will be getting a exchange. Hopefully it will be better. My first Anafi that spent the winter up in a tree has a horizon problem. The camera looks to be sitting straight but I need to adjust it all the way to one side to get it to straighten out. I only use it now for parts if I need them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut