Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Huawei Media Pad > FF6

Lucky boy :)

About the new restrictions, that the new apk runs only with Android 7 and higher, I have search also a new Tablet (the Nexus 7 2013 contains only Android 6 with working live display ) with a high brightness and good black level /contrast. Alternatively there was a Samsung, but this one (the brightness a little bit better) is now still end of live.
I've order the Huawei Mediapad m5 lite LTE (Pls give attention = the WiFi Modell does not contain GPS!). I expect, that the tablet will be arrived tomorrow.
Uncomfortable Huawei has a new restriction, that the Bootloader could not unlocked anymore. So my lovely app, which suppressed the charging in a user specific range need a root access..... and I can not use the app anymore :(

Gesendet von meinem viennalte mit Tapatalk

Edit
your favorite Huawei T3 8":
I could not see any information about the nites (cd/m2) and or the black level /contrast.... I thing I have had this device also under investigation, but for some reason I drop the choice (I believe to less brightness. Both : brightness and contrast are very urgent if you want to use the tablet outside in the sun. That was the reason, that I was going from my wish from 8" to 10", because this 2 parameters are very bad on new devices

Last edited:
@DeWe Thanks for the reply, but I haven't got the slightest clue what your on about. Yes=It will work > No=Speaks for itself....

Short form:
My Huawei Mediapad m5 lite LTE arrived tomorrow..... So I can tell yes or no tomorrow evening..

Gesendet von meinem viennalte mit Tapatalk

Reactions: SMOk3
From April in the compatibility list: Huawei media pad m5 lite works well
Not quite the same thing though. My Nexus 6p works with Android 8.1.0 (Oreo) and the T3 is listed as available for that update, so there seems to be a good possibility it will work after the update. I hope so, 'cause I can get it here for $99 and the Nexus' battery has one foot in the grave. Will be watching this thread! Good Luck!

Reactions: SMOk3
@DeWe
"Uncomfortable Huawei has a new restriction, that the Bootloader could not unlocked anymore. So my lovely app, which suppressed the charging in a user specific range need a root access..... and I can not use the app anymore :( "
You still have the option to modify the USB cable to reduce the charging from SC3.

I know... in this moment I prefer the solution with an 39Ohm resistor

I currently use the Huawei M5 8.4" with the Current modded app and dont have any issues at all.

How happy are you with the brightness and contrast in the direct sunlight with the screen of your tablet? After information and compare the values (via notebookcheck) the 8" Tablet was gone (resolutionof the screen?) from my list. I can only compare with the Nexus 7 2013. And also this Tablet could be more brighter. The test said, that the Nexus has an average of 500 cd/m2 (bites).and the contrast around 513:1.
So I hope, that the Huawei has a better view or simular in the direct sunlight ( In a normal case I did fly during bad weather) as the Nexus

I'm very happy with the M5. I also have the Nexus 7 (2013) which has always been awesome, but I definitely feel the M5 has the edge on it. With my ageing eyes I do find flying with the M5 easier than with the Nexus.

Bear in mind I am also in the UK where "Bright Sunshine" is something I remember as a young boy many moons ago :)

But yes the M5 is an awesome device, not only for drone work, but for my travels. The 2k screen is great and the sound is awesome.

Today the M5 Mediapad Lite LTE (Wifi Modells don't have GPS!) .
The Videostream from the Anafi is visible in FF6. So there is no issue with this tablet.

A short initializing and a compare in the sun:
The nexus and the M5 Lite are both on max brightness and Autosetting.
Both on the same place, both with full brightness and Display Autosettings.

Ok, on the Nexus is on the scrren protctor folie (matt). On the M5 lite is in this moment nothing.

Maybe my source was wrong....happens all the time. :(

EDIT: This was my source:

So I think the update is still a possibility, will have to wait for input from someone who owns one.

Last edited:
in the pic of the FAQ: ".... expected from Lenovo...."???

Would this work?
Would be nice if it did at that price, but I'm unsure myself.

Did you see this? Please note: This version comes with Special Offers, which means you’ll receive Sponsored Screensavers and special offers directly on to your device. To unsubscribe from this service you will be charged a one-time £10 payment by Amazon.

Reactions: RedDeviluk
Would be nice if it did at that price, but I'm unsure myself.

Did you see this? Please note: This version comes with Special Offers, which means you’ll receive Sponsored Screensavers and special offers directly on to your device. To unsubscribe from this service you will be charged a one-time £10 payment by Amazon.
Yeah, see that, but the beauty of FF6 is that it keeps the screen on and active, so thinking that the screen saver wouldn't be activated.....lol (possibly, maybe?)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh