Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Multi-battery charger

slvervper99

Reaction score
I've seen some multi-battery charges in the past that uses multiple USB ports, I'm not sure someone already posted this, but I'm thinking of purchasing this. Just wanted to get some opinions about this multi-charger for the Anafi battery.

I’ve been using one of these for the last eight months and so far I’ve not had any issues. However, and this will throw some doubt into the mix, a few users have experienced a catastrophic failure in some units whereby a 25Volt electrolytic capacitor has over heated melting the plastic case and the battery in the slot closest to the capacitor.

See this thread for more info.

Regards

Nidge.

I've got the same, but it's branded as Kismaple or whatever. Same thing. Can charge 3 batteries, phone and controller at the same time, and you also get a 12V car adapter with it, so you can charge it in your car too.
I'm usually charging the controller and my 2 batteries at the same time, from around 15-20% they get charged up to 100% in like an hour or so.

As Nidge wrote above me, I had an issue as well with the first purchase. The capacitor blew, rendering the closest port unusable. I immediately returned, and reordered the same product, since then, it's working fine. The issue occured when trying to charge it using the 12V adapter in the car. The batteries did not suffer damage fortunately.

Definitely faster than the laptop. I usually figure an hour from 20%....maybe an hour and a half from 5%. I don't usually take the batteries down below 15% if I can help it. I just bought a third battery, so I will need a third USB A to USB C cable to charge all at once. Generally, this won't be an issue. I often shoot in remote areas and ~40 minutes flight time isn't enough sometimes. Of course I don't know that until I've used up two batteries!

I've used the same type of charger mentioned earlier in the thread (charges three Anafi batteries, controller and cell phone at the same time) and haven't had any issues with it. My guess is there is one company making this charger and it's private labeled under a number of different brand names. That said, it is bypassing the Anafi smart charging system so no telling the long term impact. When I'm not rushed for time I still charge the Anafi batteries through the USB connection.

As far as the over heating capacitor, it could be a bad batch of capacitors or a lower grade of capacitor was used or even a counterfeit capacitor (I'm in the capacitor manufacturing business and this does happen). A capacitor that was design to handle the load and last years is substituted with a lower grade capacitor and ends up failing in a few months due to overheating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood