Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Importing Video Into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - No Video Track

Novasteve74

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the boards but have been reading along and learning as much as I can. I've owned my Anafi for a little over a month now and I'm really loving the features. I'm on the (almost, new version released today) latest firmware and app.

The issue I'm having is that some (not all) of the videos that I pull off the drone and import into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 are only recognized as .mp4 audio files and have no video track. If I play them back in any video player, the videos are fine. The strange thing is that some videos import and play perfectly in Premiere. I thought it might have to do with the 4gb file splits, but the error has occurred with some initial clips as well, so I don't believe that to be the issue.

I've also tried importing the same batch of videos into ShotCut and they all import correctly, so I'm leaning towards a Premiere issue.

So far, I've only been using 4k/30fps. I searched and saw that some people had issues with much earlier firmwares, but the problems seemed to clear after some firmware updates. Has anyone run into a similar issue? Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You might be running into a codec problem that Premiere is having. Try searching google for a solution as I run premiere and have had no issues at all.

Are you using a Mac or a windows device? I ditched a Macbook because I had the same issues in DaVinci Resolve.

I am using a Windows desktop. I'm going to give my work computer a try with PPCC 2019 and see if the problem persists. That should help me narrow down if it's my PC/software or a video file issue.

EDIT: I just gave it a shot on my work computer with Premiere Pro CC 2019 and the videos came in just fine. Looks like it's an issue with my version of Premiere Pro CS5. Thanks all!

Last edited:
I'm using Premiere CS6 and have currently no issues, everything works fine again with the new software.
The problem that you might have (Novasteve 74) is most likely that you have not having a proper sequence Preset.
Premiere CS5/6 is not directly prepared to work with 4 K Videos.
You have to generate your own Sequence Preset and also when later exporting the video a set of 4K Export Settings.
When you search in the Adobe Premiere Forum for 4K video on CS5 or 6 you will find some good instructions.

I was able to also test on a CS6 machine, and the problem persists. It's not so much that the clips do not work in the Sequence, but even just importing the files into the project and viewing in the source monitor only yields a waveform and no video, but only certain files. I tried making a custom preset/sequence for 4k and it did not fix the issue.

The only other other possibility that I could imagine is that Premiere is not able to take the .mp4 video directly from the Anafi.
Have you transferred your video to the PC first and then try to load it from there to Premiere?

Ah yes, to clarify, I have transferred the video to the hard drive and am importing the videos from the hard drive. I wouldn't dream of trying to edit directly off the SD via the drone :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow