Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In App Purchases

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
So going through the Android App the two in App purchases will cost me $61.98. Now I have no idea if that is US money or Canadian money?(I live in Canada) Each one is $30.99 I do see this getting kind of expensive if they keep adding features I might like and have to pay for them. :(

EDIT: was told that is US funds.

Attachments

• 20180701_094430_rmscr.jpg
    20180701_094430_rmscr.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
At this point, I'm not sure if I will use the paid features. It would be nice if there was a way to try before buying.

Reactions: JANGER
One of the gripes I have about the In-App purchase is that I had previously purchased Flightplan when I owned a Bebop 2 and Disco. Those two drones used Free Flight Pro and I used FlightPlan extensively. So I figured that once I started using FreeFlight 6 with an Anafi, I already had a license for Flightplan. Nope. Here is what Parrot said Kindly note that there's no integration between the FFP And the FF6 , Meaning that any in-app purchases on the FFP Won't reflect on the FF6 App.

To say I was disappointed in this policy is an understatement. Paying $699 for a drone and not getting what you already bought and paid for through an in-app purchase is poor business sense. I just have to wonder why Parrot is alienating people, especially supporters of their products like me, when they are trying to compete against DJI. I have not bought the Anafi yet, but after they would not let me transfer my license for Flightplan from one app to another, I am seriously looking at another DJI or Autel product instead of the Anafi. Come on Parrot, quit nickel and diming your customers!

Reactions: glasman9
I do agree with you about the transfer of App purchases. Some say it is to lower the price on the UAV but by how much I kind of wonder. The other thing to know is if you have a Android and decide to get yourself a nice shiny new Apple phone you have to buy again. You can go between different Androids but cannot go between Android and iOS which sucks also.

I do agree with you about the transfer of App purchases. Some say it is to lower the price on the UAV but by how much I kind of wonder. The other thing to know is if you have a Android and decide to get yourself a nice shiny new Apple phone you have to buy again. You can go between different Androids but cannot go between Android and iOS which sucks also.
Yup, Litchi is the same with DJI, you have to pay for each platform but DJI gives you their quickshots and photo toys included in their App.

I sincerely hope Parrot refines its business strategy and starts to become more aggressive on pricing and included options. My fear is that DJI, which just concluded a sale that had the Mavic Pro for $799 and the Spark Fly More Combo for $499, will continue to be aggressive in its pricing and take market share away from Parrot, thereby hurting Anafi sales. I understand that DJI sold a ton of the Mavic Pro's and the Sparks over the past couple of days, which some of those sales could have gone to the Anafi. My opinion, the Anafi should be priced more in the $500 to $550 range or if Parrot wants to continue at $699, they should at least include an extra battery and a charger. Yes, people like the USB C charging, but they don't like the time it takes to charge a battery. And Parrot, In app purchases just turn people off! Get rid of the extra cost and include them in the app. Hope Parrot reevaluates its marketing strategy and gets a new firmware out ASAP correcting some of the initial problems that reviewers are commenting on. I would like to purchase the Anafi, but will hold off for a bit to see if Parrot will change any marketing strategies and correct initial issues.

Reactions: QuadKid

How can you go between different Androids

The app purchases are linked by your Google play account I believe.

Unfortunately this is not always the case. I recently switched from Apple to Android and realized my in-app purchases would not transfer. I called customer service and they said there is nothing they could do. He said this was because I was "Switching markets" and the apple app store and google play store not communicate in that way. Very unfortunate they cannot link it to your MY.PARROT account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame