Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Installing firmware 1.6.3 and NOT 1.6.8 on my new Anafi, how to do it?

Ross

Reaction score
How to install 1.6.3 in place of 1.6.8 on my new Anafi. I just start up my new Anafi and asking for update 1.6.8, and i don’t want that, my previous anafi crashed on 1.6.8.
He right now got FW: 1.0.1

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Evening Ross. This question has been asked dozens of times over the last couple of months, everyone wants the "holy grail" firmware 1.6.3

Unfortunately there is no rollback option, I believe some have tried fooling the system by rolling the 1.6.3 firmware into the 1.6.8 update files, but personally I wouldn't want to run the risk of bricking my Anafi.

The majority of people have been having good results with 1.6.8, certainly massively improved over the earlier two releases. Honestly I think you are stuck with it, so may as well just enjoy the Anafi.

Evening Ross. This question has been asked dozens of times over the last couple of months, everyone wants the "holy grail" firmware 1.6.3

Unfortunately there is no rollback option, I believe some have tried fooling the system by rolling the 1.6.3 firmware into the 1.6.8 update files, but personally I wouldn't want to run the risk of bricking my Anafi.

The majority of people have been having good results with 1.6.8, certainly massively improved over the earlier two releases. Honestly I think you are stuck with it, so may as well just enjoy the Anafi.

I believe his new Anafi is not even at 1.6.3 yet. So he just basically wants to know how to just take that update. I think there was a fellow who did just that a while ago and wrote down how he did it but right now I cannot find that post.

To install FW 1.6.3 from an earlier version is not easy or possibly impossible, because this FW was not published directly with a new FF6 version. It was introduced on 2019.12.19 over FF6 6.6.2 Android or FF6 6.6.4 iOS.

So the only chance I would see would be:
Download and install Android FF6 version 6.6.2 from ApkPure.com as XAPK together with OBB file. Of course your smartphone may not have internet connectivity during the install process.
FF6 could then install the FW 1.6.3, but maybe as well 1.6.1, which was delivered with FF6 6.6.2 first (I haven't tried).
So if this FF6 version wants to install FW 1.6.1, then there is possibly no way to get 1.6.3, because no OBB file belonging to a new FF6 version contains this FW.

Thanks all for the replies. My new Anafi was on version 1.0.1 when i receive him 2 weeks ago. I thought to install 1.6.3 maybe the most ‘correct’ firmware. But today i decide to install the 1.6.8 version because of point of warranty. The first thing Parrot asked me was, which FW version you had installed on your Anafi. If i need to say an older version i think they could say that’s the reason and you should install always latest firmware for your warranty. I didn’t flew yet, but right now 1.6.8 installed.
Btw i fly with iPhoneX so IOS.

Thanks all for the replies. My new Anafi was on version 1.0.1 when i receive him 2 weeks ago. I thought to install 1.6.3 maybe the most ‘correct’ firmware. But today i decide to install the 1.6.8 version because of point of warranty. The first thing Parrot asked me was, which FW version you had installed on your Anafi. If i need to say an older version i think they could say that’s the reason and you should install always latest firmware for your warranty. I didn’t flew yet, but right now 1.6.8 installed.
Btw i fly with iPhoneX so IOS.

I think this is a wise decision - I will be doing the same

Good decision. When using support, especially when the device is under warranty, you need to ensure that any possible "Get out" for the supplier, is firmly closed, and as you rightly say, being on an old version of the firmware might give them reason to not validate a warranty claim.

I think things seem to have settled down now on 1.6.8, there is the odd failure, but I dont think there is anything that 100% points to the firmware.

I am sure that world wide, users on 1.6.3 would have had crashes, nothing is perfect.

Enjoy the Anafi.

Reactions: Ross

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh