Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

DroningSermon here. First time drone flier in Texas. I have the Parrot Anafi on the way, and am proactively creating an account here, lol.
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

My Anafi arrived today, but after dark, sadly. I have used the time to charge it up, and do a firmware update on the controller and drone.

Ready to fly tomorrow!

Hi All..

Bit of a noob with drones, some limited time with DJI phantom as never really got on with it, felt like I was flying a brick.. Just bought a second hand Parrot Disco and have eyes firmly on the soft 4g mod for some extended flights..
Live in the Highlands of Scotland so 4g is a bit patchy up here, more research needed for the best setup but very glad to find this forum and am enjoying reading all the posts on it, can feel my knowledge expanding as I do.. Actually bought this drone for my son, but pretty sure once the novely has worn off I will be left to play with it..
Used to be a photographer way back, and into RC when it was all analog, looking forward to diving into all this again..
:)

Welcome
Since you been away from it for some time you might want to check into your country rules. Things have or will change big time in 2020. Fly safe and enjoy your renewed interest in flying drones.

Welcome to the forum Fasteddy. Before you spend a lot of money converting your Disco to 4G I would advise you to read up on the latest regulations here Drone and model aircraft registration | UK Civil Aviation Authority are here The Drone and Model Aircraft Code | UK Civil Aviation Authority as registration and an online test is now mandatory and flying beyond visible line of sight is illegal even in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands. I would hate to hear that your Disco has been in collision with a low flying RAF jet.

Have no intention of breaking any rules, but there is a lot of open space here where I live and very few people in it. My home is in a valley that is 8 miles long and with a clear day I can see the full length of it.. Used to be able to fly the dji phantom down most of the valley, although it felt like a bit of a chore as it was not very quick without going through the battery quite fast..

Hi all,

I‘m new to drones and have just purchased a Parrot Anafi as it was recommended to me by a work colleague who uses them. I’ve only flown it twice and am looking forwards to really trying out the camera. I really like that there is a strong forum because the manual and YouTube doesn’t tell you everything!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi all,

I‘m new to drones and have just purchased a Parrot Anafi as it was recommended to me by a work colleague who uses them. I’ve only flown it twice and am looking forwards to really trying out the camera. I really like that there is a strong forum because the manual and YouTube doesn’t tell you everything!

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

Reactions: Nick
HI everyone,
My name is Mário i´m from Portugal, i bought a manbo. i´m just strating flying for fun, but i do overland with jeep and in a short future e want a drone to capture some pics. i choose a manbo justo to learn the basics.
:)

Create a thread here to introduce yourself! Tell us about your experience and drones you currently fly...
Hello , my name is Bob, as the name implies I own an Anafi Currently. Passed the 2.0, Bebop and Bebop2 to my son a few months ago. I upgraded to the Anafi and have been flying around the St. Louis MO where I live.
Am looking forward to the information and other tips to make myself a better pilot.
Hope I started this first post correctly, I have never been on a Forum before!!

hi to everybody,
my name is paolo i'm from Italy.
i have a parrot Anafi from 2 weeks.
is preowned. 2018 model.
thank you for this beautiful forum ( sorry for my english):giggle::giggle:

Hi all. I just found this forum, wish I would have known about it ages ago.

I actually got a Bebop 2 a year or two ago and had a terrible experience. By the time I got the drone to actually work I was so frustrated with it I put it down and flew other things. Recently I pulled it back out to give it another shot. I'm still learning it's functions as well as the app but this one seems to be working great.

Now I need to sponge off everyone's experience to get the most out of mine. Cheers.

I'm Peter, a newly retired physicist who has been into travel photography for 25 years and just got my first drone - the Anafi. The photo possibilities are endless with this drone, so I have discovered, and the Anafi is amazing! I'm now making 1 minute long video postcards when I travel. Good fun. You can see my first few efforts on youtube. Here's the latest from Pensacola FL: Winter Postcard From Pensacola Beach

I joined this forum in hopes of picking the brains of some drone experts and seasoned videographers.

Hello All,

I'm Bob a new Anafi owner from Kentucky (US). This is my first experience with a drone.

I have had my drone for about a month now (Extended kit). I have only crashed it once but what a crash!!! Both of the back arms were broken. I ordered a mechanical kit and rebuilt the drone. It seems to work fine now (several flights since the crash) except for some minor issues with camera initialization on each startup. Figured out a process to help the camera initialize on each startup and all seems good.

Looking forward to learning more about the Anafi from the pilots on this forum.

HI IM TONY. BRAND NEW TO DRONES AND I HAVE A PARROT BEBOP 2. REALLY LOVING USING IT AND LEARN MORE EVERY DAY. IM A RETIRED VETERAN AND HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME SO I ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY!

HI IM TONY. BRAND NEW TO DRONES AND I HAVE A PARROT BEBOP 2. REALLY LOVING USING IT AND LEARN MORE EVERY DAY. IM A RETIRED VETERAN AND HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME SO I ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY!

Hi Tony nice to have you aboard. One thing I should point out to you is when posting in forums all capital letters can mean you are screaming LOL Not sure if you where aware of this. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame