Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Hello from Durango, CO, USA! I just unboxed my Anafi and can't wait to fly it. My first drone was a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, and I've currently got a Mavic Mini (lent to my dad recently) and a Mavic 2 Pro (for work). I'm excited about breaking away from DJI for a bit and seeing how the Anafi compares. I've got to purchase one or two UAS for a government contract and they frown upon DJI (and other foreign manufacturers in "prohibited countries of origin"). We have been using a Mavic 2 Pro for related work and so I'm looking at comparable drones. I put a deposit on a Skydio 2 in October 2019, but I still have no idea when it will ship!

Hello from Durango, CO, USA! I just unboxed my Anafi and can't wait to fly it. My first drone was a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, and I've currently got a Mavic Mini (lent to my dad recently) and a Mavic 2 Pro (for work). I'm excited about breaking away from DJI for a bit and seeing how the Anafi compares. I've got to purchase one or two UAS for a government contract and they frown upon DJI (and other foreign manufacturers in "prohibited countries of origin"). We have been using a Mavic 2 Pro for related work and so I'm looking at comparable drones. I put a deposit on a Skydio 2 in October 2019, but I still have no idea when it will ship!

Hello and good luck with your new Anafi.

Dzień dobry,
Nazywam się Janusz (Janoosh).
Pozdrowienia ze starego miasta Krakowa w Polsce.
Mam już drugiego drona, Anafi, najpierw zatonął w rzece. To nadal boli. Na „starym” dronie wykonałem około 240 różnych lotów, zgodnie z planami lotów i normalnie lotami ręcznymi.

Welcome to the forum Janusz. Just so that you know, and it is not a criticism, the language of the forum is normally English and I have translated your post using Google which is what other members do if they do not speak English.

Good morning,
My name is Janusz (Janoosh).
Greetings from the old city of Krakow in Poland.
I already have a second drone, Anafi, first sank in the river. It still hurts. On the "old" drone I made about 240 different flights, in accordance with flight plans and normally manual flights.

[QUOTE = "Liger 1956, post: 35133, członek: 272"]
Witamy na forum Janusz. Aby wiedzieć, i to nie jest krytyka, forum językowe jest zwykle angielski, a ja przetłumaczę twój post za pomocą Google, co robią inni członkowie, jeśli nie mówisz po angielsku.

Dzień dobry,
Nazywam się Janusz (Janoosh).
Pozdrowienia ze starego miasta Krakowa w Polsce.
Mam już drugi drona, Anafi, najpierw zatonął w rzece. To nadal boli. Na „starym” dronie wykonałem około 240 różnych lotów, zgodnie z planami lotów i lotami zwykle wykonywanymi ręcznie.

Greetings to Kraków from Kanada (pozdrowienia!)
Co się stało, że dron zatonął w rzece?
I plan to fly over the lake, and I am worrying of potential crashes and problems.
Parrot says, that most of the crashes are caused by pilot errors.
Probably not all of them.

Krakow thank you for all greetings :)
At the beginning I had software version 1.6.3, then I updated the drone, probably to 1.6.4, or higher and with this update the drone fell to the field from about 5 meters in height, broke his leg. After replacing the leg I bought a tablet and then I saw that there is a new update 1.6.7.
Ok, I updated to 1.6.7.
After that, the drone flew nervously and rarely where I directed him.
Then I came up with the idea that he would fly according to the flight plan and I had assigned him. But nooooo, he flew in the opposite direction to the river, not responding to RTH and my other actions with sticks.
It was in the month of February this year. Today I know that after repairing the drone's leg and after each update I should calibrate the drone, controler and batteries. But I didn't do it.
Just this forum helped me find out what I did wrong.

Hi im steven jacobs and i have a bebop2 drone that wont turn on
. Got new charger and 2new batts.taking it apart. Batts are4250 mah.stronger than original

Hello Drone Pilots,

I’m Lloyd of the Boston,Massachusetts area. I bought my Anafi drone a few weeks ago with the idea of being able to inspect my roof after storms periodically attempt to blow my roof shingles off. But even through my hobby is primarily flying helicopters- (I have a 450 T-Rex and a SAB Goblin) after I got the Anafi I was amazed/blown away by its camera, (my other hobby is photography) and its image stabilization looking thru my iPhone is awesome. Previously I had flown more primitive drones and found that flying FPV was not for me but this seems to be so good that I decided to give it another go. So I picked up a set of Homido V2 goggles, (the optics adjustments is a must for me) and plan to head out to the flying field at my first opportunity.

Hello Drone Pilots,

I’m Lloyd of the Boston,Massachusetts area. I bought my Anafi drone a few weeks ago with the idea of being able to inspect my roof after storms periodically attempt to blow my roof shingles off. But even through my hobby is primarily flying helicopters- (I have a 450 T-Rex and a SAB Goblin) after I got the Anafi I was amazed/blown away by its camera, (my other hobby is photography) and its image stabilization looking thru my iPhone is awesome. Previously I had flown more primitive drones and found that flying FPV was not for me but this seems to be so good that I decided to give it another go. So I picked up a set of Homido V2 goggles, (the optics adjustments is a must for me) and plan to head out to the flying field at my first opportunity.
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

Greetings to Kraków from Kanada (pozdrowienia!)
Co się stało, że dron zatonął w rzece?
I plan to fly over the lake, and I am worrying of potential crashes and problems.
Parrot says, that most of the crashes are caused by pilot errors.
Probably not all of them.

Krakow greets Canada (maybe still fragrant resin? :))
I try not to fly over water until I know for certain that the drone is flying where it is heading. Which will also be a test for me that I have sufficient knowledge about controlling him.
I think Parrot is right. . . . . . until the next software update. If after checking the new update it turns out that everything is correct then I will still think that Parrot is right.
Because reading comments other owners drones in this forum was a lot of crashes after software updates.
I wish you successful and many trouble-free flights.

Krakow greets Canada (maybe still fragrant resin? :))
I try not to fly over water until I know for certain that the drone is flying where it is heading. Which will also be a test for me that I have sufficient knowledge about controlling him.
I think Parrot is right. . . . . . until the next software update. If after checking the new update it turns out that everything is correct then I will still think that Parrot is right.
Because reading comments other owners drones in this forum was a lot of crashes after software updates.
I wish you successful and many trouble-free flights.
I recently did a battery update on my Anafi and so far everything appears to be normal in the 4-5 flights since then.

Hello from the west slope of Colorado. I'm learning about flying fixed wing drones and thought a good way to get my feet wet is with a used Disco. I've been flying for a few years now, with a DJI Inspire 1, Mavic Pro and a 3DR Solo. I've also tried my hand at building my own but there's a big learning curve there. I hope to start a side business that will eventually morph into a semi-retirement source of income.

Hello from the west slope of Colorado. I'm learning about flying fixed wing drones and thought a good way to get my feet wet is with a used Disco. I've been flying for a few years now, with a DJI Inspire 1, Mavic Pro and a 3DR Solo. I've also tried my hand at building my own but there's a big learning curve there. I hope to start a side business that will eventually morph into a semi-retirement source of income.
Welcome from Ontario Canada

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
Hi everybody. Gene here. I'm a total drone noob. I'm from Canada but have been living and working in the Bahamas for 30 years. Just got a Parrot Anafi.....first drone ever. Have only done 3 flights so far but haveing liads of fun.
hope to learn plenty of good stuff here.
cheers
Gene

I bought my Anafi in March. I'm new to drones. I've flown about 50 times. I'm currently droneless, because I just shipped mine off to get repaired. I've learned not to trust my depth perception against trees. Some branches don't have leaves, and drones don't like that. The camera mount broke off on one side. Should be interesting. I will post about my experience when I get it back.

I decided I should look for a forum for it and found this one. I know what I need to work on and I'll be poking around for tips.

Hi all. My name is Sheppy and I live just outside the city of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.Years ago I had a little Parrot Rolling spider and had fun with that so I did some research and just purchased the Anafi. It'll be here in a few days, I cant wait.

Lamoe was callsign in Vietnam (yeah I'm that old)
Presently stuck in Cebu City Philippines - when back in US, Rockford IL is home base
Purchased a used Bebop2 with many extras (4 batteries, case, props, extended landing gear and an IPad )
Have to wait until later this year when home to fly it

Hi evryone,
My name is Jean-Michel, I live in Eastbourne UK, just bought a parrot anafi as a first drone. Need to learn all about it and you advices will be usefull.

Reactions: Clackey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame