Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is turning the drone upside down to stop the motor bad?

Yup and I am finding this parrot forum one of confusion as North American expressions and the UK people that do not have english as their native tongue miss understanding a lot of what is posted in here. :rolleyes:

Yes and "we other UK people who do not have English as our native language" find Canadians as a people who should claim their school fees back since they have not learned that people living in the UK are actually a rather small minority in Europe. In addition, people living in the UK are voluntarily on their way out of the European community.

But I would also like to remind you that it is the thread-starter questions (ihavequestions) answered and not Augustine's astonishment. ;)

Regards Leif, living east of UK in small Denmark.

Yes and "we other UK people who do not have English as our native language" find Canadians as a people who should claim their school fees back since they have not learned that people living in the UK are actually a rather small minority in Europe. In addition, people living in the UK are voluntarily on their way out of the European community.

But I would also like to remind you that it is the thread-starter questions (ihavequestions) answered and not Augustine's astonishment. ;)

Regards Leif, living east of UK in small Denmark.

So whats your point? If you read the rules and posting standards of this forum it says
"The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite. "
If you are having a hard time keeping up with what is being posted I understand but leave my country and me out of it.

Yup and I am finding this parrot forum one of confusion as North American expressions and the UK people that do not have english as their native tongue miss understanding a lot of what is posted in here. :rolleyes:

Well it is a french designed drone :D. Not much advertising in Australia for the parrot. DJI pay for all the displays in the electronic stores

I haven't managed to get the drone to shut down without flipping it.

So whats your point? If you read the rules and posting standards of this forum it says
"The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite. "
If you are having a hard time keeping up with what is being posted I understand but leave my country and me out of it.

Unfortunately, there is something wrong in your mind, my lord. I already saw it when you proclaimed your stripe with camel fleas and where to put them if someone destroyed your day. And you wish people's arms were too short to scratch. But will not argue with you and just let your naughtiness stand forever deterrent to others. ;)

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Unfortunately, there is something wrong in your mind, my lord. I already saw it when you proclaimed your stripe with camel fleas and where to put them if someone destroyed your day. And you wish people's arms were too short to scratch. But will not argue with you and just let your naughtiness stand forever deterrent to others. ;)

I think someone needs a big hug hug.gif

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back to topic and to ihavequestions starting post:
My opinion is that a drone like Anafi or Mavic Air or bigger should not be "caught out of the air" as the "normal" landing procedure.
This is independant from the point whether this method is in any way good or bad for the drone.
I think the drone should normally land by itself. For the Anafi this means automatically on the ground/landing pad or on a hand (without catching it while still flying).

I had a strange experience just now. I flew a flight plan and aborted it at the end so I could hand catch it from my van. Everything went normal. Put my hand under it, pressed land, and it dropped in my hand, buzzed a little and shut off. I brought it in the van and put it on the floorboard. While I'm pondering what device to shut off first, the Anafi engines initialize like it's going to take off. I put my hand on it and the motors came up to full power! I tried the power button without effect. I picked it up and turned it sideways - still full power. I'm not sure what I did next, but I think I closed the controller and reconnected with the tablet and pressed land. After this, I think I'll go back to a formal take off and landing.

I had a strange experience just now. I flew a flight plan and aborted it at the end so I could hand catch it from my van. Everything went normal. Put my hand under it, pressed land, and it dropped in my hand, buzzed a little and shut off. I brought it in the van and put it on the floorboard. While I'm pondering what device to shut off first, the Anafi engines initialize like it's going to take off. I put my hand on it and the motors came up to full power! I tried the power button without effect. I picked it up and turned it sideways - still full power. I'm not sure what I did next, but I think I closed the controller and reconnected with the tablet and pressed land. After this, I think I'll go back to a formal take off and landing.

I had close to what happened to, I flipped it upside down and motors stopped. About 15-20 seconds later it started back up and wanted to fly away. There seems to be a problem for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320