Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Let's get Parrot to fix Flight Plans

Would you like Parrot to fix the Automatic Progressive Course?

• Yep and I contacted them

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Yep and I called them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, I'm not that concerned

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes it is good that Parrot will do something about the problem. It obviously helps more it comes to video than we write to those people.

Then there is only one problem left in FP with controlling the camera in a quiet sliding motion in the vertical direction when switching from a POI to the next POI.

Regards, Leif.
Agreed. And with logarithmic easing in the gimbal movement for a “professional” feel... like the old 3DR solo had years ago.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
And with logarithmic easing in the gimbal movement for a “professional” feel... like the old 3DR solo had years ago.

Hello.
Such logarithmic reaction can be set in SkyController internal configuration.
That was one of the first hack I done with it.

You have to change the file /data/lib/mppd/mapping_anafi4k.cfg, in which all the axes can be reassigned, including their reaction.

But, really there is another problem with tilt and zoom knobs - both of them have large "dead zone" which can't be adjusted easily.

Attachments

• mapping_anafi4k.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: dmbrody
Hello.

You have to change the file /data/lib/mppd/mapping_anafi4k.cfg, in which all the axes can be reassigned, including their reaction.

But, really there is another problem with tilt and zoom knobs - both of them have large "dead zone" which can't be adjusted easily.
This is cool, but does it void the warranty? Just want to make sure folks know this prior to doing anything like this.

does it void the warranty?
With my SkyController I did some hardware mods, so mine is definitely out of warranty.

But here I am talking about changes in the configuration files, which can be done only via USB-C cable.
Any future firmware update or even factory reset should revert such a modifications.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
With my SkyController I did some hardware mods, so mine is definitely out of warranty.

But here I am talking about changes in the configuration files, which can be done only via USB-C cable.
Any future firmware update or even factory reset should revert such a modifications.
Oh ok, cool. Good to know, thanks.

Hello.

Probably a dumb question, but how are you mounting the SkyController 3 filesystem?

Did they ever fix the pause in Flight Plans? I complained to them about this nearly 2 years ago (Jan 2019) and they didn't seem like they were interested in fixing it, due to this very annoying issue I sold my Anafi.

I have discovered 3 related issues with Flight Plan:

The drone pauses at each waypoint when any of the following occurs:
  • There is a camera angle adjustment after the waypoint
  • There is a speed change after the waypoint
  • The drone is flying "backwards" (flying one direction but looking behind)

The drone should NOT pause at waypoints due to these items.

Camera Angle Adjustment: Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete). There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

Speed Change: When there is a speed adjustment after a waypoint, the drone should NOT pause but should cross the waypoint and begin to accelerate/decelerate to the new speed.

Flying "Backwards": There is no reason the drone should pause at each waypoint when flying "backwards", it should smoothly fly through each waypoint without pause or hesitation.

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood