Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new updated added one problem to flight plan that worked properly before. The camera doesn't adjust at all in flight plan if there is no poi chosen. So if the camera is at 0 deg. at 10' the next way point is say 200' back and 120' high and you place an angle adjust before the 120' way point of 15 deg., pointing the camera down 15 deg. the camera doesn't tilt down. If you chose a poi or more than one poi the camera angle will adjust to the poi, but adding tilt adjusts in flight plans without poi(s) is ineffective.
There are two other flight plan issues that I hope is addressed in future updates. 1. pauses between speed changes. Example: speed between first and second way point is 16ft./s, from second to 3rd is 24ft./s, between 3rd and 4th is 32ft.s, and all the way points are in a straight line flying backwards. You would think the anafi would just increase speed, but instead it stops prior to each speed change. 2. When the tilt adjust worked prior to the last FF6 v6.4 update (no poi chosen) the adjust speed didn't have any effect. Example: Tilt angle of the camera was set to move 15 deg. between way point 1 and way point 2, and the time between the two way points is 30". At the default 10 deg./s speed it will finish in 1.5" which is about what it used to do when it worked. But if you changed that speed to 1 deg./s it should take it 15" for the tilt to move all the way down, but no, it still was about 1.5" as I recall.
Here is a video
Is there anyone else having these issues. Any suggestion or fixes. I am using android.

Last edited:
May just be mine, but I have found that film mode is not no longer smooth and seems much faster moving. My Anafi rotates and drifts on it's own on almost any flight now and then sometimes doesnt. Follow me no longer works as well as it did, sometimes not auto-centering on the transmitter, sometimes not reading when up and down have been let off on the remote. I had one follow me incident where the drone was following the transmitter great but when the transmitter stopped moving the drone turned to face it as it passed by but kept flying at full speed in the original direction until crashing.

I don't know. My ANAFI worked pretty good out of the box and for the first 20 flights or so. The last 4 or 5 flights have led me to be uncomfortable taking it out at all and I've started saving for a DJI (I really do not want a DJI). I've tried to get help through customer support but they are not interested and keep running me around in circles, when they reply at all.
Plog still only available in Standard after switching to Cinema then back to standard for me.

I may found a bug, if i download over the app on the first file its works well, download then ask for delete, but after i click on the 2nd file its ask right for the delete without ever start downloading! If i stop the procces it will be good for the first file again but then the same error. On android Mi Mix 2s phone

I got the same thing.
I use Samsung Note 9 Android Pie

May just be mine, but I have found that film mode is not no longer smooth and seems much faster moving. My Anafi rotates and drifts on it's own on almost any flight now and then sometimes doesnt. Follow me no longer works as well as it did, sometimes not auto-centering on the transmitter, sometimes not reading when up and down have been let off on the remote. I had one follow me incident where the drone was following the transmitter great but when the transmitter stopped moving the drone turned to face it as it passed by but kept flying at full speed in the original direction until crashing.

I don't know. My ANAFI worked pretty good out of the box and for the first 20 flights or so. The last 4 or 5 flights have led me to be uncomfortable taking it out at all and I've started saving for a DJI (I really do not want a DJI). I've tried to get help through customer support but they are not interested and keep running me around in circles, when they reply at all.
Plog still only available in Standard after switching to Cinema then back to standard for me.

Did you check the settings? Why are you uncomfortable? That’s a vague statement at best. Good luck finding a camera that gives you all the angle options the Anafi does. I go out on jobs all the time with directors who expect a Mavic pilot. At first the Anafi is a curiosity and they seem a bit skeptical. Once they see how well I can manually pilot and get close ups and cool zooms, they start asking more questions. The size and quieter flight are the final selling points. Once they get the footage they also again praise the capabilities of this drone. It’s the best close work drone camera currently on the market and every firmware update improves the cinema features in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This new updated added one problem to flight plan that worked properly before. The camera doesn't adjust at all in flight plan if there is no poi chosen. So if the camera is at 0 deg. at 10' the next way point is say 200' back and 120' high and you place an angle adjust before the 120' way point of 15 deg., pointing the camera down 15 deg. the camera doesn't tilt down. If you chose a poi or more than one poi the camera angle will adjust to the poi, but adding tilt adjusts in flight plans without poi(s) is ineffective.
Is there anyone else having these issues. Any suggestion or fixes. I am using android.

Hello @HighViews,
A French guy has a YouTube Channel (Talex Drone) and a few vids and tutorial are dedicated to Flight plan programming and is having some problems you met.
His solution to the tilting camera angles is described on the video below (hope this helps, even if in French, he describes everything so you can understand even with sound off, his 2 first attempts did fail and he shows his successful solution on the third attempt).

Hello @HighViews,
A French guy has a YouTube Channel (Talex Drone) and a few vids and tutorial are dedicated to Flight plan programming and is having some problems you met.
His solution to the tilting camera angles is described on the video below (hope this helps, even if in French, he describes everything so you can understand even with sound off, his 2 first attempts did fail and he shows his successful solution on the third attempt).

Thanks, but it looks like he had success because he didn't have a poi for his way points where he adjusted the tilt. I know the video was just published, but I don't know if he was using an android device, nor do I know if the flight plan was performed prior to FF6 v 6.4 update. Flight plan would all ways favor a poi to a camera tilt command if both were in the Flight plan for one way point.

I may not have understood your point (sorry English is not my language... and you know the poor level of our Franglish ;o)
In his demo flight he has 6 or more waypoints and 2 Points of interrest. He is trying to tilt the cam towards the points of interrest and between waypoint, to tilt the cam with just an angle (as you can’t point both to a POI and tilt the camera with a fixed angle on the same branch between two waypoints).
But there may be other questions I did not get as it is not something I personally tested (but will ! And his vids are really informative to me).
Flight Plan does feel like a ‘not completely finished product’ and there is surely room for improvement (curves, spline motions...). But I like the idea of programming each branches of the path.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighViews
There are two other flight plan issues that I hope is addressed in future updates. 1. pauses between speed changes. Example: speed between first and second way point is 16ft./s, from second to 3rd is 24ft./s, between 3rd and 4th is 32ft.s, and all the way points are in a straight line flying backwards. You would think the anafi would just increase speed, but instead it stops prior to each speed change. 2. When the tilt adjust worked prior to the last FF6 v6.4 update (no poi chosen) the adjust speed didn't have any effect. Example: Tilt angle of the camera was set to move 15 deg. between way point 1 and way point 2, and the time between the two way points is 30". At the default 10 deg./s speed it will finish in 1.5" which is about what it used to do when it worked. But if you changed that speed to 1 deg./s it should take it 15" for the tilt to move all the way down, but no, it still was about 1.5" as I recall.
Here is a video

This happened in one of the early updates also. It took them a while to get it fixed as I remember. Seems they are making the same mistakes over again.

This happened in one of the early updates also. It took them a while to get it fixed as I remember. Seems they are making the same mistakes over again.
Here is a video

I have discovered 3 related issues with Flight Plan:

The drone pauses at each waypoint when any of the following occurs:
  • There is a camera angle adjustment after the waypoint
  • There is a speed change after the waypoint
  • The drone is flying "backwards" (flying one direction but looking behind)

The drone should NOT pause at waypoints due to these items.

Camera Angle Adjustment: Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete). There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

Speed Change: When there is a speed adjustment after a waypoint, the drone should NOT pause but should cross the waypoint and begin to accelerate/decelerate to the new speed.

Flying "Backwards": There is no reason the drone should pause at each waypoint when flying "backwards", it should smoothly fly through each waypoint without pause or hesitation.

I have discovered 3 related issues with Flight Plan:

The drone pauses at each waypoint when any of the following occurs:
  • There is a camera angle adjustment after the waypoint
  • There is a speed change after the waypoint
  • The drone is flying "backwards" (flying one direction but looking behind)
The drone should NOT pause at waypoints due to these items.

Camera Angle Adjustment: Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete). There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

Speed Change: When there is a speed adjustment after a waypoint, the drone should NOT pause but should cross the waypoint and begin to accelerate/decelerate to the new speed.

Flying "Backwards": There is no reason the drone should pause at each waypoint when flying "backwards", it should smoothly fly through each waypoint without pause or hesitation.
Your comment is very well put. Thank you for it. Have you gotten the camera angle to adjust with no poi used since the FF6 v6.4 update?

Your comment is very well put. Thank you for it. Have you gotten the camera angle to adjust with no poi used since the FF6 v6.4 update?
I have (using an iPAD) I have not tried Android yet... FlightPlan needs a lot of work, I have given Parrot feedback on these issues, I hope they resolve them soon as FlightPlan can be a great movie making tool, but they need to get the bugs out first...

My attitude is if the drone is flying with no obvious issues I don't do an update.

Reactions: Thanev
I agree.Unless any of my "computers" are suffering without the update,I hold off as well.Broke not fix not.

I also agree, the only possibility is that you lose something, if everything is working before.

Anyone who ever ran Microsoft Windows should know to NEVER be the first one to update.

Reactions: Thanev
It is worst than before. I can see only black screen on my android phone after the updates on the live screen. And the FF6 freezing always when the Anafi connecting on the wifi and the FF6 is on the main screen. Ahhh :-(
I deleted the FF6 and install again, the freezing is the same but I have live picture now.

I'm just tried the pix4dcapture also, it is working fine and show the live picture, so my phone and Anafi is working. Just the FF6 not perfect again.

Last edited:
It is worst than before. I can see only black screen on my android phone after the updates on the live screen. And the FF6 freezing always when the Anafi connecting on the wifi and the FF6 is on the main screen. Ahhh :-(
I deleted the FF6 and install again, the freezing is the same but I have live picture now.

I'm just tried the pix4dcapture also, it is working fine and show the live picture, so my phone and Anafi is working. Just the FF6 not perfect again.
Dealing with Android must be a nightmare for any company releasing its software on that platform. There are no set requirements for the electronics within devices, the users can root their devices & corrupt the operating system in multiple ways, just to make it look cool. Too many variables to try & possibly take into account.

I have an acquaintance that isn't on this forum with a Chinese made Android phone using an Anafi also & he had to strip his phone back to the original operating system, then load up his beloved tweaks until he was able to see which ones were causing him grief with Freeflight 6. He found 3 things that conflicted with FF6 & they were all things to modify the appearance of his beloved Android phone. That may be something for you to try out @BGabor ?

Reactions: Thanev and igna666
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar