Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there fellow pilots, new member here.
Awesome drone.

I am having a problem with trying to load up the latest FF6.4 update.

My Lenovo tablet would not load from the Google app store, so I downloaded it from APK mirror.

It downloaded ok, but after installing it and opening it, I accept the conditions and then it goes to data synchronization and just hangs there and locks up my tablet.

To gain control of my tablet all I can do is a reboot.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Just to add it was all working fine on the previous FF6 app,but this is doing exactly the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20190219_125752.jpg
    IMG_20190219_125752.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hello there fellow pilots, new member here.
Awesome drone.

I am having a problem with trying to load up the latest FF6.4 update.

My Lenovo tablet would not load from the Google app store, so I downloaded it from APK mirror.

It downloaded ok, but after installing it and opening it, I accept the conditions and then it goes to data synchronization and just hangs there and locks up my tablet.

To gain control of my tablet all I can do is a reboot.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Just to add it was all working fine on the previous FF6 app,but this is doing exactly the same.

Just a few thoughts that I have seen others posting about this;
Did you let it do the updates to the drone and the controller when installing the new app or did it not get that far?
Were able you fly it before trying to update and/or use the latest app?
There are some people having problems and some have reported that installing an older APK then seeing if that will update the drone and controller then update the app. Something about older firmware/updates cannot be used with the newest update or vice-versa, like it doesn't like to update from anything but the immediate last version...Also, I saw some chatter about not being able to log-in to their parrot account with the newer app. And having to go about that a different way...Did you initialize the parrot acct through the app at all or the website or using a Google ID? That seems to be a hang up for some

Reactions: Tornado
FF6 no longer connects to Anafi over WiFi just says not connected. Works fine with the controller but not with my phone. Anafi screen says last flight was 7 hours long. Tried resetting the wifi connection but it didn't fix anything.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with parrot support. FF6 6.4.1 has been released for Android but now FF6 just freezes. I was able to connect once out of 4 attempts. I'm becoming increasingly irritated...

Last edited:
I just downloaded and launched FF6 6.4.1 for Android and it does not seem to Freeze (do you mean ‘in flight’ or does it freeze at launch ? And when ‘frozen’ can you return and land manually with the sC3 ?)
For info I use a PocoPhone F1 1nd will test it tomorrow...

I just downloaded and launched FF6 6.4.1 for Android and it does not seem to Freeze (do you mean ‘in flight’ or does it freeze at launch ? And when ‘frozen’ can you return and land manually with the sC3 ?)
For info I use a PocoPhone F1 1nd will test it tomorrow...
It was freezing up on the main screen and not connecting to the Anafi when I used my phone as the controller without the SC3. Parrot support backed me down to FF6 6.3.2 and did a reset on the Anafi and it works now. FF6 was freezing and telling me my last flight was 7 hours and 9 minutes long and my flight data wasn't loading before trouble shooting. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J3.

Last edited:
Just a few thoughts that I have seen others posting about this;
Did you let it do the updates to the drone and the controller when installing the new app or did it not get that far?
Were able you fly it before trying to update and/or use the latest app?
There are some people having problems and some have reported that installing an older APK then seeing if that will update the drone and controller then update the app. Something about older firmware/updates cannot be used with the newest update or vice-versa, like it doesn't like to update from anything but the immediate last version...Also, I saw some chatter about not being able to log-in to their parrot account with the newer app. And having to go about that a different way...Did you initialize the parrot acct through the app at all or the website or using a Google ID? That seems to be a hang up for some

Thanks for the reply.

It did not get that far on this update,it must locked up on data synchronization.
Yes it flew fine before the update .
I'll just have to keep looking for a solution to the problem.
But thank you for taking the time to try and help out much app

Just tested Anafi with the lastest firmwares and apps upgrade on my Android 9 Pocophone F1. The Anafi and SC3 were already up to date with my iPad.
When I plugged my SC3 to the phone, it said I needed to upgrade SC3 to 1.4.1 (already did that with the iPad, but said Ok, upgrade...) took 1 second (probably to remark everything was ‘in line’).
Then Anafi was flying fine.

There is this theory with Anafi new ‘out of the box’ but with an ancient firmware. These versions may not be upgradable yet directly to 1.4.1 (easy to fix by Parrot...)
That’s why some pilots had success upgrading it to firmware dated end of December, then latest firmware... let’s see if this makes sense...

Just tested Anafi with the lastest firmwares and apps upgrade on my Android 9 Pocophone F1. The Anafi and SC3 were already up to date with my iPad.
When I plugged my SC3 to the phone, it said I needed to upgrade SC3 to 1.4.1 (already did that with the iPad, but said Ok, upgrade...) took 1 second (probably to remark everything was ‘in line’).
Then Anafi was flying fine.

There is this theory with Anafi new ‘out of the box’ but with an ancient firmware. These versions may not be upgradable yet directly to 1.4.1 (easy to fix by Parrot...)
That’s why some pilots had success upgrading it to firmware dated end of December, then latest firmware... let’s see if this makes sense...
True!
But updating using an "older" FF6 version should only be done for updating really OLD VERSIONS below 1.0.0 (FW).
This method is no solution for all the different problems with the actual update.

This is the app file link parrot sent me for FF6 V6.3.2.
Link has been removed. Contact Parrot support directly to troubleshoot accordingly.

Last edited:
This is the app file link parrot sent me for FF6 V6.3.2.
This doesn't seem to be the normal v6.3.2, but a special version with minimum API.
I ask myself: For what special purpose should this version be used?

@Kdavis2269 : What was your special situation, in which you contacted Parrot? I think you wrote about an older FW version on your Anafi in another thread, right?
I ask, because I think one shouldn't recommend the use of this version exept for your special problem.

@MEBO : I would only use this FF6 version, if you are clear to have THE SAME PROBLEM as Kdavis2269 had.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEBO
This doesn't seem to be the normal v6.3.2, but a special version with minimum API.
I ask myself: For what special purpose should this version be used?

@Kdavis2269 : What was your special situation, in which you contacted Parrot? I think you wrote about an older FW version on your Anafi in another thread, right?
I ask, because I think one shouldn't recommend the use of this version exept for your special problem.

@MEBO : I would only use this FF6 version, if you are clear to have THE SAME PROBLEM as Kdavis2269 had.
I removed the link because of your concern. I now realize it may have been reckless to post.

I removed the link because of your concern. I now realize it may have been reckless to post.
I really don't know ... but it is perhaps better not to risk anything. You only wanted to help! (y)
The older unchanged versions of FF6 can be found here.
I would normally always try to update with the actual FF6 version first.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Has anyone else had issues with incorrect information being displayed on the Anafi information screen within FF6? With 7 hours of flight time the Anafi out performs all other drones in it's class!

• Haha
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
An update on my woes,all of a sudden it opened up in the latest FF6 4.1 app.

Well at least I can now use my tablet to fly as I find the larger screen easier to view.

One small problem is that it no longer allows use of the purchased apps, follow me and mapping.

They are both blanked out,when I go to the purchase app screen there is an icon saying "restore purchase" in the top right corner, but I have no idea how to do this.

I am logged into my Parrott account.

On my mobile they are both available to use.

Any ideas anyone please. Tia.

Mike

An update on my woes,all of a sudden it opened up in the latest FF6 4.1 app.

Well at least I can now use my tablet to fly as I find the larger screen easier to view.

One small problem is that it no longer allows use of the purchased apps, follow me and mapping.

They are both blanked out,when I go to the purchase app screen there is an icon saying "restore purchase" in the top right corner, but I have no idea how to do this.

I am logged into my Parrott account.

On my mobile they are both available to use.

Any ideas anyone please. Tia.

Mike
If mobile is an iPhone and tablet Android, then you would have to purchase again in play store.

Thanks for the reply.
Mobile and tablet are both Android.
I have been in touch with Parrot and awaiting reply from them.
Is the second device also signed into the Play Store under the same account as the initial purchases were made? These features are tied to your account & not any devices, as such.

Reactions: Tornado
Is the second device also signed into the Play Store under the same account as the initial purchases were made? These features are tied to your account & not any devices, as such.

I have just gone into the Parrot app and all of a sudden as if by magic they are there ready for use ?
And yes they are both signed into play/Google account.
Thanks for your reply sir ?

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320