Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is related to the French server that works on the ‘One after another’ principle (and of course, not during the Week End).

I flew a battery with the new upgrade. I hand launched and for the first time it almost failed. I fly off of my backyard hillside, did a gentle toss like always but instead of immediately hovering the model settled about 4-5 feet before I hit the throttle to bring it back up! Other than that it flew well, I did a 360 pano, and some stills and video.

I hand caught it and yes, this mode needs work, the model drops in my hand and I then grab it gently, hold it still until it finally shuts down (it sometimes really fights!), I don't ever flip mine.

Once back inside, I downloaded the 360 into the app's gallery and created a sphere into the app. The app viewer is nice! manual or auto panning of the image. I then created a tiny planet, the app crashed 4 times before completing the image but it seemed to pick up where it left off each time and was finally successful.

Overall it sure does a lot for a tiny bird!

Do any of you know what this forum's max file size is for photos? My upload failed.

Been having an ongoing issue with flight plan, was hoping this firmware update would fix it, but it didn't.

See below (been in touch with Parrot about it)

I just made a significant discovery about the pausing at waypoints in
FlightPlan. The drone seems to only pause at waypoints that have a
camera angle adjustment associated with them or waypoints that are sharp
turns (90° or greater, which is understandable). On waypoints without
sharp turns or camera adjustments, the drone flies right through the
waypoint as it should.

Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD
continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as
it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to
the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the
camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually
takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and
then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete).
There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

I did several test flight plans and have CONFIRMED this is the issue.

Flew today without a hitch, only did manual, follow me and cameraman. Only issue was my screen was hard to see today cause of how bright it was outside so made it a bit of a challenge. Working on making a screen shade for both the phone and tablet.

I hand caught it and yes, this mode needs work, the model drops in my hand and I then grab it gently, hold it still until it finally shuts down (it sometimes really fights!), I don't ever flip mine.

Once back inside, I downloaded the 360 into the app's gallery and created a sphere into the app. The app viewer is nice! manual or auto panning of the image. I then created a tiny planet, the app crashed 4 times before completing the image but it seemed to pick up where it left off each time and was finally successful.

Overall it sure does a lot for a tiny bird!

Do any of you know what this forum's max file size is for photos? My upload failed.

Never try to hold or grab the drone when it attempts to land. That’s the reason why it starts to fight you and won’t stop the motors as intended. That’s a mistake some people make and the same accounts to drones like the spark and others.

When palm landing, keep your palm still and don’t move it. Let the drone land on it and don’t try to grab it or raise/lower your hand. It will always gently land and once it thinks it’s safely on your hand, it will shut off the motors. The moment you even slightly try to grab it or adjust it in any way, it will start to panic and fight you.

Concerning the new gallery view. I still don’t get where or how people are seeing this. The gallery hasn’t changed for me at all. (iPhone XS Max)

I can generate a tiny earth out of a 360 pano, then open it in the gallery and it’s just an image as it has always been. Same accounts to horizontal panos. The apps update description states that there is a new viewer for panos but it doesn’t seem so exist. Is there a secret button to go into this view once you opened the image or something I don’t see?

Update: nevermind i just found out that it actually works only when generating a „sphere“ out of a 360. I never did that before.

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone had any issue with "banked turn" since applying the latest update.
Is not working for me since updating last night.

Reactions: mockbirduav
Hi!

Is the 5GHz WiFi in EU new, or it was available before this upgrade too? I received my Anafi just Friday... i am a beginner here.

Hi!

Is the 5GHz WiFi in EU new, or it was available before this upgrade too? I received my Anafi just Friday... i am a beginner here.

It was the update before this one. You can always check out the release notes here:

Flew a whole battery with the updated Firmware (and 1.4.1 in SC3).
No problem...
Did the hand launch... great ! (Just wait the countdown that says ‘Ok you can now throw me in the air’) then no time limit.
I just regret there is no palm land... must press ‘land’ then catch it and turn it 90° (but still ‘tells’ you it doesn’t like it at all... (at least it could be less reluctant !)

Used my iPad mini 4 with Bluetooth GPS. Next time I’ll try the Android PocoPhone F1...
When I came back, connected the Anafi’s @ss directly to the PC via the USB ports and could access my files flawlessly as usual.

You sure? I palm land all the time. I never grab it or have to turn it to stop the motors. Just hit land at head height and let it descend into your outstretched arm and palm at around waist height. The icon changes to hand launch once the motors stop on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One more thing still not addressed for me is accurate time stamping of our media files. My frikin Zino accurately stamps the files but the Anafi does not. The actual file when opened in QuickTime will show proper creation time and date but the p.....mp4 format on the SD card always for me is referencing some other time zone (maybe Paris with an East coast deduction?...I’m in Az so we are the weird time zone state) and it’s a PIA for file management. I thought by now this would be fixed.

Interestingly enough, my first video post 1.04 update tagged to Jan 1 then the next one did Feb 13 at my weird behind time. I’ve shot footage that said it’s from tomorrow also because of this problem.

I’ve got no other issues and everything works great but this pesky problem has been there since day one and does not change regardless of phone or OS. I had been piloting my Anafi since July 1 of 2018 (a day before the actual release) on an Iphone then switched to Android during the awkward pay for features roll out because Apple would not let you buy the flight plans originally. I’ve never gotten an accurate stamped file from this drone. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Reactions: Kdavis2269
Just done three with 1.4.1 and I see the precision takeoff message is back.

Again, this may already have been the case but I launched from a concrete wall (wide enough for the drone to sit on) and when I took off and flew away from wall the drone drop about 2' and it seem to always drop when flown over the wall (concrete sea defence so thick and wide).

I may be having an issue where Flight Plan doesn't face the correct direction (but the drone still moves in the right direction).

Reactions: mockbirduav
Like the screen is upside down or seems reversed?

UPDATE to the below: In a last-ditch attempt, this morning I used the SD Card Full Format option in the FreeFlight app and the Bitrate for all modes returned to 100Mbps for H264 video + AAC audio.

It's good to see some bugs ironed out in v1.4 but the average bitrate on 4Kp25 P-LOG is now dropping to a near unusable 33.7Mb/s (+0.3Mb/s for AAC audio). This is an awfully low rate given that we're dealing with H.264. It's very difficult to grade well as the image breaks up very quickly at 34Mbps. NATURAL gives 100Mbps as it's supposed to so it's not a problem with the card's write speed. HDR too is only 76Mbps and in this mode (one of the bugs that hasn't been fixed) there's still no possibility to adjust the shutter speed or ISO.

My Anafi write in 100 Mbit in the P-log (4K/ 30 FPS) mode.

Attachments

• anafi.JPG
    anafi.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 38
My Anafi write in 100 Mbit in the P-log (4K/ 30 FPS) mode.
I still don't know what you want to say and what you are showing here.
The bitrate depends on the H.264 level of data transfer. Anafi like the Air manages up to 100 MBps depending on the video format and the resulting H.264 bitrate.
So what is your problem?

I still don't know what you want to say and what you are showing here.
The bitrate depends on the H.264 level of data transfer. Anafi like the Air manages up to 100 MBps depending on the video format and the resulting H.264 bitrate.
So what is your problem?
Only an answer to the post of kdavis that the anafi write with 100 mbit in plog. See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh