Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just received an answer email from the Parrot. "Unfortunately there is no list of compatible phones." How is it possible? They wrote in the user manual: it is not a toy. Why not tested any mobile device for the safety fly???
Or why not have an own Parrot Controller with FF6 software and display which can be bought for an extra money but it should be sure?
My opinion is that these kind of flying toys should be not allowed to use in the air without a tested mobile device or the responsibility of any future damage or accident have to be on the Parrot side.

Last edited:
Parrot software engineers build the app to be compatible with the operating systems. Unfortunately, Android as an operating system is limited by manufacturer hardware and unique manufacturer/carrier software "enhancements". I love Android but it's the wild west when it comes to compatibility.

For example my tablet and my phone both have the same version of Android but my phone has had issues ever since the most recent FF6 update while the tablet works just fine.

I reverted back to the previous FF6 version with Parrot Support's help while they figure out the issues.

This morning did some flight test with the updated firmware. Start up controller and drone, no GPS on drone signal.
I reset the drone and restart the controller, both GPS signals OK. Maybe I didn't follow good the feedback from this latest update, but I didn't see anymore the RTH fine landing position at take off. So RTH not more possible, once airborne, no RTH possibility anymore.

His solution to the tilting camera angles is described on the video below (hope this helps, even if in French, he describes everything so you can understand even with sound off, his 2 first attempts did fail and he shows his successful solution on the third attempt).

Hi @MustangPhil,
Thanks for the link to solution of Flight Plan camera angle problem. But I did not get it (pardon, my French…). Could you please briefly explain what his solution was (for us non French speakers). Thank you if you have time. I have been waiting for someone to explain it in English but it seems that even Anafi update could come before that...

Roughly said (and I didn’t test it myself) :
  • in a flight plan you can’t program the camera to both point to a POI and choose an angle for the gimbal. It is either the POI or the Angle in a branch of a plan between to points (in French we say you’ve got to choose either cheese or desert in this menu).
  • so the solution he proposes is to split the branch of the plan with new points where he can say : now you stop aiming to the POI on this branch, so you can move the camera angle.
Now you get the ‘rough idea’, you should relax, pour a glass of a good red wine and watch the video again. You’ll see French language is not that complicated ;o)

Reactions: Huber
Roughly said (and I didn’t test it myself) :
  • in a flight plan you can’t program the camera to both point to a POI and choose an angle for the gimbal. It is either the POI or the Angle in a branch of a plan between to points (in French we say you’ve got to choose either cheese or desert in this menu).
  • so the solution he proposes is to split the branch of the plan with new points where he can say : now you stop aiming to the POI on this branch, so you can move the camera angle.
Now you get the ‘rough idea’, you should relax, pour a glass of a good red wine and watch the video again. You’ll see French language is not that complicated ;o)

Great, thanks @MustangPhil !
I now go to get the wine at least.

Reactions: MustangPhil
So, what's the final verdict on the latest firmware? Is it safe to update or should I wait?

Reactions: Thanev
So, what's the final verdict on the latest firmware? Is it safe to update or should I wait?
I hope they are motivated to fix the bugs. I feel that they didn't fully test it before pushing it out but that's just my opinion. Everything worked great for me until the latest rounds of firmware updates.

Did you check the settings? Why are you uncomfortable? That’s a vague statement at best. Good luck finding a camera that gives you all the angle options the Anafi does. I go out on jobs all the time with directors who expect a Mavic pilot. At first the Anafi is a curiosity and they seem a bit skeptical. Once they see how well I can manually pilot and get close ups and cool zooms, they start asking more questions. The size and quieter flight are the final selling points. Once they get the footage they also again praise the capabilities of this drone. It’s the best close work drone camera currently on the market and every firmware update improves the cinema features in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm glad you are having such luck. I have (until this update) had a great time flying the drone and controlling the drone. I have checked all my settings and all are as they originally were. My image quality is no where near that achieved by others when compared to other sample footage online. My communications with customer support on any of these issues has been lackluster and frustrating.

My image quality is no where near that achieved by others when compared to other sample footage online.
That could possibly be due to capture & editing techniques too. The Anafi is just a part of the whole process. In the photography groups I hold I give the same equipment, set up exactly the same to the participants & their outcomes are all over the shop! Some take the extra time & apply good capture techniques, others don't.

This makes it really hard for us not being with you to witness everything first hand to advise accurately on your complaints.

Reactions: Efliernz

I decided to do the updates today - Android phone (Samsung S7) ... FF6.4.1 / Skycontroller 1.4.1 / Anafi 1.4.0

Then went out and did two test flights and found two issues (both have been reported by others earlier in this thread)

- No message/vibration indicating 'Precise Home Set' as previously when taking off
- Under map of Last Known Position, the stats for Last flight duration and Total flight duration are wrong (both 1 h 00 min). Before the updates, the Last duration showed 7 m 53 s and the Total duration was 4 hr 12 min (both were correct)

It seems odd that not everyone has the same issues, though I don't know if that's because some are iPhone and some are Android perhaps?

The lack of 'Precise Home Set' seems most worrying... I couldn't actually test today whether RTH would work anyway - my location didn't lend itself to trying to sort out a problem so I just landed it manually.

It seems odd that not everyone has the same issues, though I don't know if that's because some are iPhone and some are Android perhaps?
It does seem to be Android that is predominantly having the issues, from what I have observed here. That could possibly be because of the way Android is so variable in the way it can be adapted by the user, the phone manufacturers & other app designers too.

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone had any issue with "banked turn" since applying the latest update.
Is not working for me since updating last night.

Same here. No banked turns as of latest FW update when that feature is turned on in settings. I did a compass recalibrate and still no joy. I hope Parrot fixes this soon, as flat turns are very erratic and annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I use the Freewell Polarized lenses, I have a 30% boot failure probably due to a contact (I can hear) with the bottom of the lens with the body of the Anafi.

I have more success when I start lens installation by the lower end (6 o’clock) and finalize at the top (12 o’clock), so if there is a little gap due to clearances stacking, it remains on the top where no contact occurres.

But I also use a trick I learned here that seems to give successes: in the camera calibration menu, I ‘raise a few degrees’ the vertical orientation of the gimbal.
  • For Android (PocoPhone F1 - Android 9) the slider for this setting is on the right portion of my camera calibration menu screen.
  • For iOS (iPad Mini 4), no vertical slider is present. I have the horizontal one that allows horizon alignement, but not the one that allows gimbal raising along the vertical axis.
Do you also have this difference between Android/iOS ?

Reactions: Athlon21
Android: "Precise home set" is ok here with the latest update.
New bug: downloading media from the drone to the phone is ok for the first picture, for the second there is no download question Y/N, but only the "delete on card" question.
If you leave the gallery, then all is ok again for the 1st picture.

... if we had a suggestion to Parrot for next updates :

• Do not focus on adding new features to much (except the ‘DNG Only’ option for shooting raw but hey, it’s not a tough one !)
  • Just correct the few bugs that are now known...
  • Stability is the key
  • Sell spare parts such as gimbals, cam, gps module, bottom camera that can weld easily to the main board, affordable batteries, ...
  • Invest on users support... (even in Canada, well I know it’s cold and far, but ...)
  • Communicate a little more often (even with the hands, we are French aren’t we ?)

I just pull the thread again as I probably found an error in the firmware of ANAFI V1.4.0.

If you take a stack of bracketing photos and choose JPG & RAW at the same time, do not press the shutter again until Anafi has completely finished writing all the pictures on the SD card or you get a red error message for the SD card! It is easiest to test when making a bracketing shot with 7 (x2) pictures. Note that the image on the screen changes to color from B/W long before the writing to the SD card is completed.

The error appears with the Android version of FF6 here by me, but I suppose it is also seen in the iOS version too.

Regards, Leif.

I just pull the thread again as I probably found an error in the firmware of ANAFI V1.4.0.

If you take a stack of bracketing photos and choose JPG & RAW at the same time, do not press the shutter again until Anafi has completely finished writing all the pictures on the SD card or you get a red error message for the SD card! It is easiest to test when making a bracketing shot with 7 (x2) pictures. Note that the image on the screen changes to color from B/W long before the writing to the SD card is completed.

The error appears with the Android version of FF6 here by me, but I suppose it is also seen in the iOS version too.

Regards, Leif.

Yes same bug for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar