Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the battery update actually did? I might have miss that part reading the updates but it's late and tired and going to bed now.
Was never mentioned in the release notes … :(.
But the 4 major updates (about every 2 months: 08, 10, 12/18, 02/19) mostly also had a battery FW update.
Good night!

Sorry for my error starting a new thread on the application and drone update but the thread title confused me...

Screenshot_20190215-112631.png

Oh, I forgot, I've had constant problems with directly plugging the Anafi into my iMac, so have been retrieving the micro sd card after each use to transfer my images & video by use of the micro to SD card adapter. It worked perfectly this time, just by plugging in the USB-C to USB-3 cable! I'll report back with whether this is a permanent thing or just a lucky once off thing. Fingers crossed it's permanent.

I had similar problems connecting ANAFI to my mac mini. The issues were not present when connecting to Windows though. I hope this bug is fixed now.

It’s on Android but I had to update playstore manually. My start up issues are gone!! The zoom is definitely better! Got a gig today so hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I may found a bug, if i download over the app on the first file its works well, download then ask for delete, but after i click on the 2nd file its ask right for the delete without ever start downloading! If i stop the procces it will be good for the first file again but then the same error. On android Mi Mix 2s phone

they removed the "Format SD" option in the app

if you are one of the ones with SD Card issues, you have no way to fix it now

formatting in your computer won't work (Mac, FAT32 format for 32GB or less)

I just check on my Asus Zenpad tablet and Format SD is still there.
I also read that some are having issues with Zoom while in 1080P but I don't seem to have that problem either.

I also had no problem doing the updates on Samsung S9.

No SD card issues (SanDisk Pro) and 3 x flights okay. No green message re precision takeoff spot. Also and this could be that I never noticed before, from the level Anafi descends to before detecting ground. The down joystick initiates landing. I thought you had to press the button or touch land on the screen.

23 satellites in use :)

My 360 shot fails to create in the phone app. I shall try the 42 snaps in the Windows program.

Last edited:
UPDATE to the below: In a last-ditch attempt, this morning I used the SD Card Full Format option in the FreeFlight app and the Bitrate for all modes returned to 100Mbps for H264 video + AAC audio.

It's good to see some bugs ironed out in v1.4 but the average bitrate on 4Kp25 P-LOG is now dropping to a near unusable 33.7Mb/s (+0.3Mb/s for AAC audio). This is an awfully low rate given that we're dealing with H.264. It's very difficult to grade well as the image breaks up very quickly at 34Mbps. NATURAL gives 100Mbps as it's supposed to so it's not a problem with the card's write speed. HDR too is only 76Mbps and in this mode (one of the bugs that hasn't been fixed) there's still no possibility to adjust the shutter speed or ISO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 7.01.45 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 7.01.45 pm.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Just re-updated (2nd try today) my SkyController 3 to 1.4.1...
Is there any explanation to this new update ? (Lots of Facebookers complaining about the signal losses...)

Trying to prepare my map on both device but seems to take awhile.
How long should it take?

It's good to see some bugs ironed out in v1.4 but it seems to come at a price: the average bitrate on 4Kp25 P-LOG is now dropping to a near unusable 33.7Mb/s (+0.3Mb/s for AAC audio).

This is an awfully low rate — even for a stationary shot — given that we're dealing with H.264. It's very difficult to grade well as the image breaks up very quickly at 34Mbps.

In Cinema 4Kp24 the bit rate is slightly better (77Mbps). NATURAL gives 100Mbps as it's supposed to so it's not a problem with the card's write speed.
HDR too is only 76Mbps and (one of the bugs that hasn't been fixed) there's no possibility to adjust the shutter speed or ISO in Pro mode when shooting HDR, only the EV index.
What do you want to say?
The bitrate is typical for H.264 level 5.1 for 3840x2160.

Trying to prepare my map on both device but seems to take awhile.
How long should it take?

Usually much less than a minute. However, it depends on how fast a WiFi or telephone connection you have.

Regards, Leif.

Usually much less than a minute. However, it depends on how fast a WiFi or telephone connection you have.

Regards, Leif.

It;s not updating at all. Do I need to connect to the controller? Turn on the drone?

Never mind, got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landbo
My Anafi started beeping after the update until I figured out I somehow hit the alarm/find me icon on the map withing the Anafi info screen. Saw some odd battery light patterns at first but all appears good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quinzee