Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Likelihood of repair after crash in Follow Me mode....

Heywood

Reaction score
Hi

I have only had the Anafi for a few months and have loved it. Until a few days ago when I decided to try and use the follow me mode....with disastrous consequences. I drew the rectangle around the person, and the drone then decided to fly backwards away from the person straight into a branch of a tree...and it fell to the floor and broke one arm and foot. Pretty gutted.

Is there any way Parrot would repair or replace the arm...under warranty or not..? Is it possible to get a sensible response from Parrot? Any suggestions on the best way forward to fix it and get it back in the air asap!

Thanks

Follow-Me ... "I drew a rectangle around the person"

Follow-Me is made for following YOU and no other person.

Thank you,
Yes that I understand. In this case the person was standing a metre away from me...
Apart from the actual crash any advice on the other questions..?

All you can do at this point is start a ticket with Parrot. They will want you to send in your flight logs. Those can be found in the App on the sart up page by clicking My.Parrot. That will open up your flight logs. Where the red arrow points to these are the .JSON files they will want. Download the one from the crash and save it someplace you will remember so you have it handy when they ask for it.
Other then that it is a waiting game to see if they will cover it under warranty.
Good luck

Sorry to hear about the crash. I believe there is a minimum distance from the person when you use follow me so my guess is if you activate follow me and the Anafi is closer than that minimum distance it will attempt to back-up to create that distance. There are other features that when activated will cause the Anafi to fly backwards quite some distance so you need to research the feature and understand the distances required.

I had an issue with my controller and while it took a few days Parrot did get back to me and the issue was resolved.

If they don't want to repair it for you, you could always buy the replacement shell of the Anafi from their website. I believe it's £89.99 GBP at the minute. There's also quite a good re-build tutorial I've seen on youtube which could help.

Reactions: pmh1nic
Sorry to hear about the crash. I believe there is a minimum distance from the person when you use follow me so my guess is if you activate follow me and the Anafi is closer than that minimum distance it will attempt to back-up to create that distance. There are other features that when activated will cause the Anafi to fly backwards quite some distance so you need to research the feature and understand the distances required.

I had an issue with my controller and while it took a few days Parrot did get back to me and the issue was resolved.

Thanks pmh1nic

Reactions: pmh1nic
If they don't want to repair it for you, you could always buy the replacement shell of the Anafi from their website. I believe it's £89.99 GBP at the minute. There's also quite a good re-build tutorial I've seen on youtube which could help.

Thanks SwiftyNI, that's not a bad idea at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame