Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looking to purchase Anafi (Extended Combo or with extra batteries)

Jet

Reaction score
Seriously considering purchasing an Anafi (Extended Combo or extra batteries) if I can find a slightly used one that is in excellent condition for a good price. My other option is to purchase brand new Fimi X8 (@$399 hard to beat).

I'm located in the U.S (San Diego).

Anybody have or know of someone interested in selling their Anafi?

Note: I will likely have a lot of questions re: any used drone I'm looking to purchase...can't be too careful...so if you can't be bothered to engage in a dialogue and answer questions about what your selling then I'm not your customer.

Cheers

Add the X8 to your cart first. Then view items in your cart. At the bottom of the cart page is place to enter your code. I just did it and the product goes from $499 to $399.

Cheers

Add the X8 to your cart first. Then view items in your cart. At the bottom of the cart page is place to enter your code. I just did it and the product goes from $499 to $399.

Cheers

I have it in the shopping cart, I'm viewing the cart page but there is no place to enter a code. I then went to check and there is a place to use coupons or points but no place to enter a code.

The issue may have been doing this on my tablet. On my laptop all the tabs, boxes to check appeared and the system accepted the code and provided the discount.

Based on the reviews I've read it's a good drone with features that come close to rivaling the Anafi and MA (camera, range, flight time, autonomous modes, etc.). I like how they have designed the controller so that the smartphone fits in the center rather that above (Anafi) or below (MA) the controls.

My biggest hesitation in buying this drone would be customer service. When I had an issue with my Anafi controller a trip to Best Buy resolved it in 30 minutes (gave me a whole new system). The price of this drone given its features is very competitive but all of that gets kicked to the curb if there is an issue. I've never dealt with Banggood but my understanding is the product is either shipped from Europe or China which means resolving an issue might mean shipping product back to Europe or China.

The issue may have been doing this on my tablet. On my laptop all the tabs, boxes to check appeared and the system accepted the code and provided the discount.

Based on the reviews I've read it's a good drone with features that come close to rivaling the Anafi and MA (camera, range, flight time, autonomous modes, etc.). I like how they have designed the controller so that the smartphone fits in the center rather that above (Anafi) or below (MA) the controls.

My biggest hesitation in buying this drone would be customer service. When I had an issue with my Anafi controller a trip to Best Buy resolved it in 30 minutes (gave me a whole new system). The price of this drone given its features is very competitive but all of that gets kicked to the curb if there is an issue. I've never dealt with Banggood but my understanding is the product is either shipped from Europe or China which means resolving an issue might mean shipping product back to Europe or China.

Oh glad to hear you got it work.

Yep..that's definitely a valid concern that you need to consider. Especially with a $400 investment. I don't have any experience with Banggood or Fimi directly so I can't speak to that concern...but I believe you would probably have to send it back to Banggood/Fimi if there were issues that couldn't be addressed via email or chat. And I have no idea what it would cost to send it to China and whether they would cover that cost. My guess is that you'd have to pay for it.

Not having local support is definitely a downside but it's also probably why they are able to offer it at such a low price. If Fimi had local (US) distribution and local repair that would certainly help but it would come at an additional cost that they'd need to factor into the price of the product.

Just a thought...It might be worthwhile contacting Fimi or Banggood to ask them what is the procedure is if the product is defective. Also find out what the cost is to ship back to them for repair/replacement...maybe they have a preferred shipping vendor and you could get a quote on the ship return cost.

If you do get any info please do share. Also if you decide to purchase the X8 let me know on this this thread.

BTW, do you still have your Anafi and you're looking to add another drone to you portfolio. :)

Cheers

Reactions: pmh1nic
I know a few people have been trying to purchase the X8, and have been unable to due to lack of stock anywhere. Some places say the have stock, take your money, then tell you they are waiting for new stock to arrive. They certainly seemed to have been snapped up, either that or the production run was very low numbers.

Yep. I've heard the same...Certainly at $399 it's an incredible deal. Even at $424 (another more typical sale price) it's a great deal. So I'm not surprised they are having difficulty keeping it in stock.
I guess you just have to be willing to wait.

Reactions: Jet
Not sure if you have been following this group but there are good and bad reports on the X8. Seems with every firmware update something else needs fixing. The camera is not very good from most reports so that is another thing to consider.
Thanks for sharing....Yep I've probably watched (guessing) 90% of the reviews on YouTube re: the Fimi X8. None of those videos deter me from the X8 whatsoever...but I do genuinely appreciate you sharing.

I agree with the sentiment in the link you provided..and honestly it feels like some of the reviewers reporting these issues are making a mountain out of a mole hill (e.g., "did you see that it looked like there was one frame dropped in that flight mode at 4K"...smh!). And as stated in your linked article everybody focuses on any type of defect and things get blown out of proportion.

My guess is that all of these issues will be addressed in firmware over time. The Fimi X8 is a first gen platform of this type (foldable, 4K-3axis gimbal, etc.) produced by Xiaomi/Fimi (an extremely accomplished electronics mfg...phones, etc.). So it's not going to be perfection out of the gate. And as a software engineer myself it's not surprising at all the tweaking to their software/firmware has introduced new issues...especially when there is extreme pressure to fix them ASAP. That's just how software goes sometimes....Granted I think Fimi could do a better job QA'ing their software/firmware releases. But the good news is that they are continuing to push out updates. So i have faith they will get this right...and if you get the occasional frame drop the sky is not falling.

Also, people seem to have forgotten all the issues that existed with the early gens of DJI platforms (Go App crash gate, etc.). And for those people who expect more perfection that comes with many years in the business and are willing spend twice the money then by all means go buy DJI products. I'm a value shopper and the extra value you get in the DJI platform just isn't worth my 2X dollars.

I still think that the X8 is an amazing platform that will only improve over time. There will be speed bumps along the way but it's not like the X8 is falling out of the sky or anything close to that.

Just my two cents worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut