Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Loss of video

Old Dude

Reaction score
Every thing fine on the ground, video feed, gimbal responded, zoom responded.
Took off, everything still working. 75 feet high, 350 feet +/- out video feed freezes.
Height, distance and speed still being received. No obstructions between Anafi and
controller. In visual sight (barely). Hit return to home, it comes right back.
Back home flying from back yard, same thing at 100 feet high and 350-400 feet out,
same result. What do I start looking for?

If you are flying in an area where there are many WiFi transmitters, e.g residential areas, then the range of the Anafi on 2.4 GHz will be severely reduced. If possible change the Anafi transmission frequency to the 5.8GHz band.

Also if you put your location in your profile people will be able to help you easier as some problems are region specific.

If you are flying in an area where there are many WiFi transmitters, e.g residential areas, then the range of the Anafi on 2.4 GHz will be severely reduced. If possible change the Anafi transmission frequency to the 5.8GHz band.

Also if you put your location in your profile people will be able to help you easier as some problems are region specific.

First flight in wide open area, wifi not a problem there. Second flight in residential area. I am on 5.8 GHz, & airplane mode. both times at about 6-7 minutes into flight. Located in Utah about 10 miles north of Salt Lake City (Woods Cross)

There are so many possibilities of WiFi interference in residential areas that your numbers don't seem out of line. You can go to the Network page in Settings and choose Manual. You will see various curves of interference on the different bands. Choose on with the lowest curve or none and try that. I think that those curves are for the position of the controller.....by 300 feet away the drone may be experiencing something different. Try that for both 5.8 and 2.4 Ghz.

The video feed is the first thing to go, even before the poor WiFi warning at the bottom of the app.

This may be informative: Switching from 2.4 ghz to 5.8 ghz

There is a "bug" with FF6, sometimes you when your loose videofeed due to poor signal over the WiFi, it does not come back even when you get closer to "home/SC3".
Remember that it's the SC3 that controls the flight, FF6 i merely a visual tool for you.
Therefore you can leave the sticks in neutral and restart the FF6 without loosing control of your bird.
Done it a couple of times, mostly in residential areas where WiFi interference is stronger, and the videofeed comes back.

There is a "bug" with FF6, sometimes you when your loose videofeed due to poor signal over the WiFi, it does not come back even when you get closer to "home/SC3".
Remember that it's the SC3 that controls the flight, FF6 i merely a visual tool for you.
Therefore you can leave the sticks in neutral and restart the FF6 without loosing control of your bird.
Done it a couple of times, mostly in residential areas where WiFi interference is stronger, and the videofeed comes back.
Yes...I experienced that very issue today. Short of contacting Parrot support is there some place to log bugs that you encounter?
Cheers

Last edited:
Yes...I experienced that very but today. Short of contacting Parrot support is there some place to log bugs that you encounter?
Cheers

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian