Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mobile switches from usb data transfer to usb charging, when connected to skycontroller3

AnafiUser28

Reaction score
Hi there,

my android mobile switches from data transfer to usb charging automatically after I specifically selected the data transfer option over the usb charging. I can click a thousand times on the data/file transfer option and it immediately switches on its own to usb charing.
I need my phone to communicate with a skycontroller3 from a parrot anafi drone, but the phone just keeps draining the controller for charging.

How can I stop the phone from switching the mode I just selected a second before?
I think this is the reason the freeflight6 doesn't communicate with my controller. It updated the controller, but it doesn't establish a connection to the drone.

I have a Huawei P10 lite with android EMUI 8.0.0

Hi there,

my android mobile switches from data transfer to usb charging automatically after I specifically selected the data transfer option over the usb charging. I can click a thousand times on the data/file transfer option and it immediately switches on its own to usb charing.
I need my phone to communicate with a skycontroller3 from a parrot anafi drone, but the phone just keeps draining the controller for charging.

How can I stop the phone from switching the mode I just selected a second before?
I think this is the reason the freeflight6 doesn't communicate with my controller. It updated the controller, but it doesn't establish a connection to the drone.

My android phone ( Samsung Note 8) also changes to charging when usb is connected but will transfer data anyway.
Make sure that the phone is able to communicate over USB...You may have to activate "developer mode" on the phone and then activate "usb debugging" ...There is a ton of info about that on the web if you look so I will not detail that here
Also, verify that the cable you are using is an actual "data" cable and not just for charging? The one that came with the Anafi is data but possibly a different one might not be

Hi there,

All Android devices will receive charge from your controller, this is quite normal. At the same time as your phone is being charged, data transfer still works. Therefore, you should not wonder and try to change your phone's setup at all.

Once you have been able to update your controller, the data transfer between your phone and the controller works properly. You may have a problem with the controller not talking to your Anafi, but you can easily control that by looking at the LED on the controller and the light under Anafi. If both are solid, there is connection and they are locked together. Try to check out the two lights and let's work forward from there. ;)

Regards, Leif.

since this latest anafi software update (1.6 , my android LGG6 gets multiple requests from my SkyController 3 to switch to usb charge mode from file transfer. The Skycontroller is connected (solid blue light) but device cannot connected. When I eventually get it to settle in File Transfer mode, the connection is made and I can fly. I think I have to open Freeflight first and then quickly set the file transfer mode to make things work properly. This is a new problem for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut