Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

More flickering on low light vids

slvervper99

Reaction score
Hate to beat the dead horse but I've tried different ways but it seems the flickering/vibration of videos only happens on low light conditions. All my daylight vids were fine. Currently have been in contact with Parrot. They have responded appropriately and have sent them this same video. Pay close attention to the horizon and the cell tower.

Yup, awful. Really reinforces the assumption that the electronic image stabilization works at least partly on image contents and that fails to work correctly in low light.

Reactions: Zamzara
Have gotten a response from Parrot. I've given the information they needed. Now let's see what comes next.

Hopefully Parrot will be able to come up with a solution for you. I did not think it seemed unusual that there was flickering in your video sample. The flickering came mainly from small points of distant light. It is quite normal for small points of light, at night, to appear to flicker. The best example would be twinkling stars.
But quite apart from that, in the Anafi User Guide there is this section on night flying!
Of course, "low light" does not necessarily mean "night"
Regards
Douglas

Attachments

• Not fly at night.jpg
    Not fly at night.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Hopefully Parrot will be able to come up with a solution for you. I did not think it seemed unusual that there was flickering in your video sample. The flickering came mainly from small points of distant light. It is quite normal for small points of light, at night, to appear to flicker. The best example would be twinkling stars.
But quite apart from that, in the Anafi User Guide there is this section on night flying!
Of course, "low light" does not necessarily mean "night"
Regards
Douglas
Still waiting....just send the information they needed such as the drone serial number, pictures of the drone and the firmware.....not sure why they needed pics of the drone as I didn't crash it. There were no broken parts on the drone. Also, it's not just the lights, if you look closely, other visible images such as the cell tower and some parts of the horizon blurs out for a few seconds.

Last edited:
Hate to beat the dead horse but I've tried different ways but it seems the flickering/vibration of videos only happens on low light conditions. All my daylight vids were fine. Currently have been in contact with Parrot. They have responded appropriately and have sent them this same video. Pay close attention to the horizon and the cell tower.

Without the original video directly and untouched from the SD card it is impossible to judge anything about camera error. You will need to upload the clip for example to Dropbox or somewhere else the original clips can be downloaded directly from.

I do not see anything that looks wrong on the YouTube clip as you constantly do fast yaw, which is the reverse of what you should do if you want to avoid flashing in light. Try and watch the good night shots other people make, there you do not see quick yaw.

Regards Leif.

Really guys, unless you're watching on a phone it's blatantly obvious.

Reactions: rsjb41
lol, thank you. i thought I needed my eyes checked. Anyway...still waiting on Parrot...it seems like their responses are only in the afternoon. I'm sure they get a lot of questions. Not complaining about their customer service. I think their response time is appropriate - at least I'm not waiting days.

No, I'm looking at a 27 "screen. But when we can not see an untouched clip from the camera, you can not demand people to say that the camera or stabilization is defective as the video can be recoded several times. ;)

Regards Leif.

@slvervper99 you don't need to have your eyeballs checked, it's probably the other way around.

Why is the video showing vibration? How to fix this?

The issue is blatantly obvious. But whether Parrot finds it something that needs fixing, or is capable of fixing (without hardware changes), or willing to spend engineering efforts to fix, or to what extent it can be "fixed", is another matter.

Cheers.

Edit: If anyone thinks I'm bashing Parrot, I am not. My satisfaction with the Anafi is at a high level. The light-weight, low-noise, good camera performance (under good light) are some of the positive characteristics which I value much. However, drifting during idle, relatively poor quality at low light, and the lack of stabilization in photo mode are some of the things I hope Parrot will address.

Last edited:
But when we can not see an untouched clip from the camera, you can not demand people to say that the camera or stabilization is defective as the video can be recoded several times.
BS argument again, the artifacts the video exhibits cannot be explained by encoding at all, especially not without other characteristics that are not present.

That is not true!
It IS true that there is no yaw stabilization in photo mode.

So, I posted this video - it is in all intents and purposes unedited aside from the fact that I converted the video from an mp4 to avi and saved it and uploaded it on youtube - that is all. I see a lot of assumptions on what may have caused the intermittent vibrations.(not sure why some don't see it) When it comes to cameras....my knowledge is very basic -start spouting technical terms and you would've lost me and I do not believe this to be any fault of the mechanical nor the electronic part of the gimbal - common sense tells me that... if it is one of the cause - that it would not matter whether if it is daylight or lowlight/night vids. Wind may or may not be the cause either since I've flown the drone in daylight and do not have any issues with the wind. I could still be wrong though. With that said - the drone flies beautifully - well balanced, daylight videos are phenomenal. I did see the other post about this and the only reason I started another one is because I didn't see any real solutions.......I switch the Anti-flicker to 60 htz as somewhat had suggested with no improvement on low light conditions. I have not tried to disable this feature yet though. I may try it tonight after coming home from work. Hopefully Parrot can come up with some semblance of a fix or not.

I am no camera expert either but from what I have read this is a problem that even DJI has in low light. There is lots of info for settings and such to help resolve the problem but basically it comes down to how well the electronic image stabilization works from what I have been reading. Like you said hopefully Parrot will have a firmware update to address this.

Reactions: slvervper99
It's quite noticeable at 1:00 and 1:17, and I've had this a bit as well in twilight. I don't think the video's exactly ruined or anything though. If they can improve it in an update it'd be a bonus.

You claimed that already HERE but the electronic stabilization is always active also on the yaw axis (not for all photo modes).
I only shoot RAW because I find the anafi JPGs really terrible so if it is in the "processed JPG" mode only then I wouldn't have seen it indeed.

from what I have read this is a problem that even DJI has in low light.
Nope, no such thing on any DJI machine I've used.

Reactions: loyukfai
Well, just got a response from Parrot. They already sent me the package slip and the RMA document. I'm sending the drone to them tomorrow and they'll send me a new one. Hopefully it'll have the new firmware installed. :D
This is Amy ,from Parrot Customer Support. We are confirming that we have sent to you the labels for the exchange of your Parrot Anafi and anticipate you either have, or will be, very soon, dropping the Defective Parrot Anafi off at a USPS location for shipping to our Service Center.

The good news we got an approval to exchange the Anafi FPV Pack ,So please attach the label and send everything came in the box back ,If you have anything extra was included keep it back And Once we have it back will processed with the exchange as soon as possible .

Just to set your Expectations , Once you send the Defective Item , We're going to run some tests on it , just to make sure such issue doesn't happen again , and ensure top quality Products to our customers , upon technical tests being carried , Once the Product is confirmed to be faulty , we'll proceed with the exchange Immediately , but if the tests show that there's no issue with the original product will be sent back and shipping and testing fees will be applied.

When your exchange has been received and the replacement shipped from our Service Center, you will receive an automated email with the tracking number for the replacement. Please use the internet to check the tracking number you receive for anticipated delivery dates and arrange for someone to be home to accept the package.

If we can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact Parrot Customer Support by replying to this email
So I called them about the "so called" fees if they find that my original drone is not defective in any way. Whomever I spoke with stated that I shouldn't worry about the fees since they are sending me a new drone anyways. And that the old original drone would not be sent back to me. So not too shabby - I'd say that's pretty good customer service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame