Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Most Embarrassing Parrot Bebop 2 Question EVER!!

CANADABOY54

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Parrot Bebop2 Pilots! Ever since I first bought my Bebop 2, I’ve struggled with removing the battery from my drone.
I know “push the lever up and slide the battery Back”. Well, sliding the battery back out seems to require taking a workout strength course for hands, fingers biceps! It’s a killer to separate!
What Am I doing wrong and is there a fix for this problem?
Regards
I’m truly EMBARRASSED!!!

battery has 4 locking pins that slide and lock inside the bebop,you could loosen up screws in pins and that might help with removal of battery...when i say loosen up screws i mean just tiny bit,you dont want those pins very loose or you might loose battery as you fly your bebop

Hey guy’s! Sliding it in kind of reminds of of loading an ammo cartridge into a gun: slides in and that last say quarter of a inch and I give it a good slap and basically it connects. Now, I’ve got a donor drone, my first Bebop 2. Same thing, load it in and then give it slap and in it goes! But then it’s a B***tch to separate.
It makes sense to loosen something off. But What? Thanks guy’s for giving it some thought. Weird Eh!!!

Not an embarrassing question at all, That occurs to me sometimes. I fly several different Bebop 2 drones, one of them acts like yours while removing battery.

Could be battery or mounting frame, in my case one of the frames on this particular bebop 2 doesn’t aline properly with battery. As a result, I’ve broken off many rear battery locking tabs. Now, I strap on an elastic rubber band to keep rear battery from disconnecting during flight with each bebop 2.

Good luck,
Paul

Hello everyone. Many thanks for your comments on this thread. It’s reassuring to know it’s not just me (even though it’s frustrating).
So, thanks to Skydreamer I’ve got my big boy battery’s plus a balanced charger. Just installed an old, but never used center cross. My BB2 is flying well.
Time to go flying on a hot, sunny afternoon here in Toronto.
Regards to all and stay safe!!!

My kind of questions, I am sort of a Newbie of opportunity (they are cheaper and way more affordable now, I couldnt afford them at 500$+ new ).
i have both 1 and 2 and I struggle with both sometimes.
More to do with fear of breaking something than anything else.

Bebob 1 with the stupid connector and strap,
and Bebob2 fearing that the battery will get releaased in mid-flight.
But love those Parrot birds. I cant stand the palm-sized drones.

hang in there and keep on “sliding” !

Hey! I must admit I‘be had my share of frustrations with my Bebop 2. Battery that’s a killer to eject, flying away by itself etc.
Lessons learned? On yeah!!! So, preflight for GPS, Geofence with a solid RTB and never, ever fly with a battery below 60%.
other then that? Go have fun! Regards!!!

I purchased my Bebop 2 used about a month ago. The previous owner had snapped the tips off three of the four little locking tabs on the bottom of the battery, so I wound up flipping all four around onto a single screw and sanding down the ends and it's a relatively snug fit, while still being easy to remove. I can't speak to how safe or reliable it is, but it seems to work for me so far.

PXL_20200903_200048587.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut