Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MyParrot flight data synchronization: how long should it take?

oarend

Reaction score
I flew the Anafi for two weeks straight on a campaign and was now asked to provide flight logs. I didn't want to e-mail myself hundreds of flight logs from the app so I created a MyParrot account and hope that the flight data would synchronize so I could download it all in one batch.

When I open "My flights" in the app now, at first it shows no flights at all and only after a while will it show the complete list, with only some of the flights having a green cloud icon. When I request my flight data from MyParrot, I get a zip file containing even fewer json.gz files.

How long does the synchronization take until all flights (~100 h of flight time in total, I'd say) are stored in MyParrot and I can download them? My phone is on a decent wifi connection all day and it shouldn't really take that long to upload a few hundred megabytes.

Oliver

Did you create your Parrot account sand allow the logs to be stored on their servers before you started the flights that you now want to download or did you create it after all the flights had been completed?

I created it after the flights were completed, so it has to upload all the flight logs at once.

As I understand it the flight data is saved to the Anafi SD card after every flight and then uploaded to the phone. This can take a short while and may not be completed if you turn off the Anafi immediately after it has landed. If you format the SD card before the flight data has been uploaded then the data will have been lost. Likewise if you used more than one SD card in the Anafi then the missing data may be held on those. Can you see all of the flights that you did in the Freeflight6 app? If not can you ascertain whether the missing ones may be on another SD card or have been lost if an SD card has been formatted?

I can see all flights in the app, without any connection to the drone (they were always connected while flying), and I am able to e-mail myself the JSON files.

With Parrot Anafi drones I find a lot of times I have to start a short flight to update the last one. Something with their servers is screwy for sure.
Good luck. I don't have much faith in this company as they don't have any support in North America anymore. Not that what they did have was very good to start with LOL

And it might take up to 48 h for the download request to be processed, and you can only request the data every 10 days? I really don't know what's going on there ... I guess I'll just have to be patient. It does look like there are more green cloud symbols in the flight log list now. Good thing I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut