Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nd filters

"A) some gimbals don't accept any filters because of their weight."

Did I get lost in your clear statement ?

"A) some gimbals don't accept any filters because of their weight."

Did I get lost in your clear statement ?
No, you didn't.
There are -as I said- only 2 possibilities for the gimbal initialization to fail:
1. Filter touches the gimbal frame
2. Gimbal is not able to move correctly with mounted filter (reason: obviously because of the additional weight of filter or less power of gimbal motors compared with most other Anafis)

Ok. Whatever the reason, my anafi goes back. I hope the new one has not this issue that plagues also many other users.......

Not in my case. :-(

I found this. I am also inclined to think it is NOT a weight issue

Indeed, the ND filters I got have small openings which are supposed to be pointing to the ground when installed.

Cheers.

I am going on holiday to Australia in about a month's time. As it is summer there and it can be very bright I am thinking of buying the Freewell Budget Kit E-series 6 pack of filters to enable me to control the shutter speed when taking videos and the CPL would be useful as well.

My question is if I have a filter installed, say ND16, and I decide to take some photos instead of videos am I better landing to remove the filter and get a higher shutter speed and/or lower ASA by 3 stops or am I better taking video without the filter and increasing the FPS to alter the shutter speed. Then I would not need to land to take photos. I am not bothered about taking 4K or even 2.7K video as my television is not 4K and my computer would have problems working with it.

Ok. Whatever the reason, my anafi goes back. I hope the new one has not this issue that plagues also many other users.......

Even the manual states that filters should be applied !after! Gimbal initialization. So why do people try to do it otherwise? Just switch it on, then apply the filter. You will have to check the camera image anyway to know which filter is necessary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem