Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nd filters

Just found a new set on Taobao, claims to be able to pass initialization when the filter is installed with the opening pointing to the ground (which means the CPL will be mostly useless).

O1CN011xgnXF24vykTFxoGG_!!439967454.jpg

A) some gimbals don't accept any filters because of their weight.
B) Press the Freewell filters firmly onto the gimbal! Then the initialization should succeed.

B) Press the Freewell filters firmly onto the gimbal! Then the initialization should succeed (but it didn't)

For what ever reason some Anafis have no problem at start up and others do. Seems you have one that does and not much can be done with it other then ask for a exchange.

I have contacted Anafi support I have also problem with wifi connection with Galaxy s8+ as you can read in a different post

I bought the jsr filters originally they wouldn't boot with anafi start up . They were also inconsistent I feel and nd16 seemed to light . And caused me to ruin some shots .
I've just got the freewell bright day pack polarised .
These are much better quality . At first the Anafi wouldn't initialise with them on . Not sure if was the recent update or the fact I started putting them on with direct natural light facing the camera and not indoors . But firmly pressed on they now work . So try this . Very happy with free well although I'm poor now for a while .

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
So, here is a brief test of the ND filters (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32) with an opening at the bottom (see post #21):

1. Videos - It was the afternoon of a cloudy date with sunny periods and changing light so please keep that in mind:
Parrot Anafi ND Filter Test - YouTube

2. Photos - Vignetting would occur aside from JPEG rect mode:
2018-11-18 Parrot Anafi ND Filter Test - Lo Yuk Fai's Albums

3. Near the end of the last flight (with the ND32), the camera stopped working with the warning "vertical camera failure" shown on FF6. Everything seems to be working again after the drone was landed and power cycled.

Cheers.

Edit: On yes, they can pass initialization

Last edited:
See my post # 26!
You belong to A)

I am not really sure that it is a weight problem. Those freewell filters are very light and the motors of the gimbal are quite powerful. But the fact that they touch the back once initiated might be the problem. I have ordered this and will see how they go. Not holding my breath but putting on and off the filters after gimbal calibration is a real delbreaker I would like to avoid at any cost.

https://www.amazon.es/Navigatee-Ult...&qid=1545488780&sr=8-15&keywords=filtro+anafi

I am not really sure that it is a weight problem. Those freewell filters are very light and the motors of the gimbal are quite powerful. But the fact that they touch the back once initiated might be the problem. I have ordered this and will see how they go. Not holding my breath but putting on and off the filters after gimbal calibration is a real delbreaker I would like to avoid at any cost.

https://www.amazon.es/Navigatee-Ultraligero-reducción-polarizador-protección/dp/B07JZ9G4TW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1545488780&sr=8-15&keywords=filtro+anafi
The Freewell Filters work with almost every Anafi, because they don't touch the gimbal frame during initialization.

Not in my case. :-(

I found this. I am also inclined to think it is NOT a weight issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking