Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need a bigger phone?

ghulse

Reaction score
I'm currently using an iPhone SE, which works fine as a phone but woefully too small to use with my Anafi drone. I was thinking of buying a used iPhone 6 Plus to use exclusively with the drone. As such I don't need to activate the phone or have a SIM Card? Right? Does anyone see anything wrong with my plan or can you recommend another solution.

I have an iPad, but its 9.7 inch screen is a little too large to carry while holding the controller. You see my problem? One device too small, the other too big. Thanks for your suggestions.

I am also an Apple fan but finally buy an Android phone dedicated to Anafi... (mainly because of iPhone prices and their lack of brightness espacially on sunny days and outdoors).
My suggestion : this post

Last edited:
I purchased the Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4" which is just perfect. Great sound quality and stunning 2K screen.

I purchased the Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4" which is just perfect. Great sound quality and stunning 2K screen.
Does this tablet fit directly the SC3 or do you need an extra support fo hold it ?
My Xiaomi MI8 Lite (6"3) seems to be on the limit without any extra support (but I have not try bigger than 6"3...).

Last edited:
I use a very very simple mount that I got on ebay, literally take 15seconds to fit and really stable, fits the M5 perfectly if you go for the "Ipad Mini" size mount. I guess if you had a 3D printer it would be simple enough to run one off.

Here is the eBay link:
Really good seller as well

Reactions: FranoKaaf
I use a very very simple mount that I got on ebay, literally take 15seconds to fit and really stable, fits the M5 perfectly if you go for the "Ipad Mini" size mount. I guess if you had a 3D printer it would be simple enough to run one off.

Here is the eBay link:
Really good seller as well
Have you modified the USB-C cable to prevent the SC3 from charging your Tablet permanently ?
I did it and it really changes life (25 cents purchase of the 39 ohms resistor and 10 minutes of DIY without being particularly talented) ! I can now use my 6 batteries in a row with a charged SC3...

Last edited:
Have you modified the USB-C cable to prevent the SC3 from charging your Tablet permanently ?
I did it and it really changes life (25 cents purchase of the 39 ohms resistor and 10 minutes of DIY without being particularly talented) ! I can now use my 6 batteries in a row with a charged SC3...

No I have not done that [yet] but to be honest I have not had any real worries about battery drain, running 2 batteries back to back I have not noticed any drain to concern me, and I always have my portable pack with me to run a quick charge on the tablet or SC3.

I will monitor over the summer and see how it goes, or if I am stuck for something to do one night I will have a tinker. :) did you do it from the YouTube video, Think there is two, 2nd one he did the +ve and =ve wires.

No I have not done that [yet] but to be honest I have not had any real worries about battery drain, running 2 batteries back to back I have not noticed any drain to concern me, and I always have my portable pack with me to run a quick charge on the tablet or SC3.

I will monitor over the summer and see how it goes, or if I am stuck for something to do one night I will have a tinker. :) did you do it from the YouTube video, Think there is two, 2nd one he did the +ve and =ve wires.
Yes I did exactly what was said in the 2 videos (links in this post).
My cable was a reenforced one so I also apply advices of the second video.
As I very often use 6 batteries in a row everytime I fly, I used to notice that SC3 batterie was drainned by my Android device and had to stop flying just to charge again the SC3, with a phone always at 100%...(that what not the case with my iPhone 7 with wich I can use SC3 for more than 5 hours).
With this mod, I can use my Android device connected to SC3 for about the same time.
I am a commercial pilot and time is money !
?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@alex