Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tablet/phone recommendations.

jtphotography0302

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on an Android large phone or small tablet, not too expensive, that I can store with my anafi and use exclusively for flying. I get annoyed fiddling with my iPhone, going back and forth from airplane mode, missing calls, etc. There is a lot to choose from. I suppose the main thing will be screen resolution. Does anyone else do this, have a device that is used specifically for their drone?

I and numerous others, both on Parrot and DJI drones, use the Huawei M5 8". Stunning 2K screen, and the sound out of such a small device is astonishing.

I use it with Freeflight 6, DJI Fly App, DJI GO and many more of the applications we use with drone flying and never had an issue with it yet, takes everything in its stride.

You can also add a Micro SD Card to it for more storage, great device that I dedicate to the drones.

I use an extender which I got from eBay, similar sort of things to THIS Does the job just great, and is light and easy to fit.

Looking for ideas on an Android large phone or small tablet, not too expensive, that I can store with my anafi and use exclusively for flying. I get annoyed fiddling with my iPhone, going back and forth from airplane mode, missing calls, etc. There is a lot to choose from. I suppose the main thing will be screen resolution. Does anyone else do this, have a device that is used specifically for their drone?
For use in outdoor sunlight, anything with an AMOLED or OLED screen will be best. OLED inherently has better contrast and usually better brightness. I use a Samsung S5E and before that an S3. For more portability, I have an LG V30 also with an OLED screen.
I just ordered a OnePlus 8 phone that is on sale right now for $299 and $249 after a $50 coupon that I expect to work well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320