Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New firmware update Anafi 1.6.7

Has anyone noticed parrot has a beta on the freeflight 6 app (Google playstore) ?
A beta???? Are these people mad, they'll probably ask people to beta test they're new invention soon the (back firing gun)

Reactions: Thanev
@catkinson80 Do you think that the strange noise that emitted from your Anafi could be coming from the cooling fan as they have been known to fail. Similar fans are used on some PC graphics cards and I have had experience of them making strange noises. The centrifugal forces when you twisted the Anafi to stop it may have upset the cooling fan.

@Liger 1956 - I was thinking the same thing myself actually. I did remove the fcc channels, joined the freeflight 6 beta and uninstalled the fake gps app after that happened and then took the Anafi to 800m on channel 3 (CE) without any drop in signal I am more than happy with that as that in itself is far more range than I'll ever need.
I think I got a bit caught up in the whole range thing but today has confirmed to me it is certainly not the be all and end all.
I will have to keep an eye on the fan and monitor it for excess noise and if I think that is failing I may need to buy and fit a new one.

Can't get much worse, I think I'll give it a go and if it permanently locks me out of FCC, I'll make it fly without turning it on!
Video that, please!
Btw., has someone found the baseball Anafi, on youtube yet? ;-)

It semi redeemed itself with the 800m range I posted above, so I think I'll let it live another day, if it keeps misbehaving I think as it looks like an insect I'll pluck its legs off prior to letting it fly with no motors running.

Does update also do any updates to the battery?

Still too windy in the UK to bother flying!!

No, the update is only for drone and it seems to fix the issue of 1.6.5

Parrot haven't even posted the release log for the 1.6.5 firmware as yet....

Flew this afternoon out to the falls down the road and happy to report no falling out of the sky or any other problems. Lost video feed when the Anafi turned around to come back but still had telemetry all the time. Video feed came back shortly and the flight was about 6 minutes. So for me it is the same as it has always been. Flying from my back yard to the falls I would lose video feed about the same spot since I owned the Anafi back in July 2018. Nothing has changed in my opinion.

Anafi 1.6.7, iPad Pro 9.7, Free Flight 6.6.6

I flew a test mission and then 10 mapping mission using Pix4D Capture.

I had no crashes, no loss of signal.

I did have some problems though.

I too experienced the strange fan noise. It did not happen every flight but it was there a couple of times upon landing.
Pix4d Capture works differently now though. It will Return to Home on its own when it gets to around 10-12% battery.
A couple of times when I took manual control or it returned to home for low battery it was still taking pictures and did so even as it landed.
2 times while flying autonomously, on its own it reverted to manual control and suddenly started to land without any input from me! This happened in the same exact area twice.
I thought the metadata was messed up, but it wasn't the numbering order and scheme of images was so messed up with being in the two different folders (100,101) that it took me some time to sort my images
For the first time ever there were two folders made to store my images, 100 and 101 and images that were taken hours apart were stored together sometimes. There were totally wrong dates and times assigned to pictures.
The Anafi held a strange angle while flying (It was 10-14 mph winds), but this has not happened before in winds when using Pix4D Capture.

I hope Pix 4D Capture has an update to match this new 1.6.7 or a new Parrot firmware is made. I have several large jobs coming up and it looks like I will have to go out tomorrow and refly the whole mission which I didnt even finish to begin with. I am going to have to charge my batteries on site tomorrow and hope for better results. I really do not want to have to use the Mavic 2 to map with, as the Anafi has much better results and the workflow is easier for me.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed parrot has a beta on the freeflight 6 app (Google playstore) ?
A beta???? Are these people mad, they'll probably ask people to beta test they're new invention soon the (back firing gun)
I think Parrot got confused about the latest buggy firmware (1.6.4) and then released a firmware which was buggy in 1.6.5 then came with the already working 1.6.5. Then where did 1.6.6 go? Then soon released version 1.6.7. They are not mentioned in the official release note at this time.
I think you are the beta testers! Parrot read this forum (why not) and knew that he needed to improve. Now you are waiting to see if the issue is resolved and if so, the release note will be printed ...

No, the update is only for drone and it seems to fix the issue of 1.6.5

That would make sense and explain the short intervall between 1.6.7 and 1.6.5., but shouldn't it be 1.6.6 in this case ?
And what "1.6.5 issue" are we talking about, here ? I'm still flying with it...

I think thats why they probably released the actual beta, as they probably didn't want to send out the release notes as they probably knew the majority of the things they had fixed probably actually hadn't been properly fixed and they'd get a load of grief for it.

Makes me wonder whether some remnants of previous versions are left on the Anafi and sometimes clash with new versions.
I wonder whether when freeflight 6 does a firmware update on the Anafi whether it actually completely wipes the previous version and every thing associated with it before flashing new firmware or whether it just overwrites.

Makes me wonder whether some remnants of previous versions are left on the Anafi and sometimes clash with new versions.
I wonder whether when freeflight 6 does a firmware update on the Anafi whether it actually completely wipes the previous version and every thing associated with it before flashing new firmware or whether it just overwrites.
Overwrites the old one. However, Parrot does not always write all the firmware first, but modifies the old one, replacing parts. That's why it's always in the old ...

I note that developers are reporting that 1.6.7 did NOT fix the "CountryCode" issue as they had been informed by Parrot on a previous occasion.

They are asking when Parrot is going to fix as they (developers) are ready to release new software but are unable to do so until this is fixed.

So there is hope yet of another quick firmware update.

我在中国更新了anafi 1.6.7固件,但仍然可以使用fcc模式

Please use google translate.

I updated anafi 1.6.7 firmware in China, but still can use fcc mode

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member