Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New firmware update Anafi 1.6.7

Update on my problems.

Anafi - 1.6.7
Free Flight 6.6.6
iPad Pro 9.7
Pix4d Capture

I did not have any crashes from the dreaded no power and fall.

I did have issues and so far Parrot and Pix4D have been either dismissive or no response.

Issues

This is what I posted on the Pix4D Capture Community board and sent to Pix4D Official Support and to Parrot.
  1. When the battery got to between 15 and 10% the Anafi Returned to Home on it’s own. It went to the preset altitude and then came home. It was still taking pictures while it did this and when I was making a map and model you can see in the Camera Calibrations a perfect rise to Return to Home Altitude then the Anafi flew back to home and then descended.
  2. The Anafi on a later flight when it got to 15-10% battery descended on its own. The screen said Manual Control was enabled even though I did not touch the sticks or device. While it descended the only controls available were yaw, bank, forward and backward. I could not make the drone climb. The drone barely missed a crash as it came down
  3. The Anafi did the same exact thing as it did in number 2 but this time with a new battery at 75%.
  4. The Anafi again did the same thin as number 2 and 3 and landed roughly in sand dunes. I was only able to do yaw, bank forward and back while the Anafi descended on its own once again and this time I define as how it landed as a crash.
  5. For the first time ever flight logs were not recorded in Free Flight 6 for my Pix4D Capture missions. I am missing around 9 flights!!! I log all of my missions and this is very unacceptable. While using Capture in the past the flights were always still on Free Flight.
I sent a support ticket in to Pix4D Support and was told _"Thank you for contacting Pix4D Support. We don’t provide technical support to the user for the Pix4Dcapture app. The behavior you are describing has not been reported to us so far. However, I would definitely forward this to the developer team to further investigate the issue and improve the product.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting the issue."

I have no doubt that if this isn't fixed I will lose an aircraft at some point.

The loss of Flight records is very disturbing and annoying also.

I am now finally one of the if it aint broke, don't fix it crowd as I went from zero problems and issues to I now have had to postpone and cancel several projects that would of been perfect to do with the current "Stay at home" going on as I wouldn't of had the issues of flying over people to contend with.

The only bright spot is the new 6.6.7 Free Flight that will sync with DroneLogbook.

Is there a new low battery autoland feature that I am not aware of? Because this is what it feels like. The Anafi gets to a low battery of 10-15% and lands on its own with only limited stick inputs. In fact it feels like exactly how my Mavic 2 felt when I had that happen once.

First flight with 1.6.7 and at landing was crash from 80 meters at 26 % capacity of battery - after crash was one led steady green, not flashing. I was lucky because nothing happen with the drone. I was continued with other two batteries with landing at 25% and 35 % without any crash. p.s. never any crash with this drone before.

First flight with 1.6.7 and at landing was crash from 80 meters at 26 % capacity of battery - after crash was one led steady green, not flashing. I was lucky because nothing happen with the drone. I was continued with other two batteries with landing at 25% and 35 % without any crash. p.s. never any crash with this drone before.

This is another proof that 1.6.7 1.6.5 and 1.64 has the CE lock to another country and confuse's the drone elevation , and the batteries update is limiting power for the frequencies strength and making the motors lose power beyond firmware recovery

This is another proof that 1.6.7 1.6.5 and 1.64 has the CE lock to another country and confuse's the drone elevation , and the batteries update is limiting power for the frequencies strength and making the motors lose power beyond firmware recovery
?? Unfortunately, That post doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: MustangPhil
hi everyone, i'm new to the group but i have been following you for a while, i also noticed that something has been changed, in fact i can't use the FCC mode, i attach photos of my configuration, i must say that it bothered me a lot realize that you can no longer use this mode, not for long range, but to have a more robust and reliable signal in particular conditions, however now it is a problem, you should make programmers understand that this is an important factor, FCC mode makes the safe and reliable signal especially in areas with a lot of wifi interference (which could create problems) ... in this configuration I violated for over 15 minutes (of course THERE IS MODE ... unfortunately) but ANAFI flew without problems ... I downgraded the app from 6.6.6 to 6.6.2 using fake GPS and installed everything without satellites. just turned on the TX and smartphone on the wifi signal I noticed that when I turned on the drone for a few seconds FCC MODE appeared, but only a few seconds, then automatically and returned to CE mode. I'm sorry to provide only this as information but I hope it will be useful ... at the end of my test I installed the latest version of the app (which however does not affect the firmware of the drone and the tx command) at moment I don't upgrade the firmware 1.6.7 but use only 1.6.5 how I show in photo... wait news...sorry I'm in Italy

Attachments

• 20200331_221757.jpg
    20200331_221757.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20200331-221700_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-221700_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20200331-221633_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-221633_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 56
hi everyone, i'm new to the group but i have been following you for a while, i also noticed that something has been changed, in fact i can't use the FCC mode, i attach photos of my configuration, i must say that it bothered me a lot realize that you can no longer use this mode, not for long range, but to have a more robust and reliable signal in particular conditions, however now it is a problem, you should make programmers understand that this is an important factor, FCC mode makes the safe and reliable signal especially in areas with a lot of wifi interference (which could create problems) ... in this configuration I violated for over 15 minutes (of course THERE IS MODE ... unfortunately) but ANAFI flew without problems ... I downgraded the app from 6.6.6 to 6.6.2 using fake GPS and installed everything without satellites. just turned on the TX and smartphone on the wifi signal I noticed that when I turned on the drone for a few seconds FCC MODE appeared, but only a few seconds, then automatically and returned to CE mode. I'm sorry to provide only this as information but I hope it will be useful ... at the end of my test I installed the latest version of the app (which however does not affect the firmware of the drone and the tx command) at moment I don't upgrade the firmware 1.6.7 but use only 1.6.5 how I show in photo... wait news...sorry I'm in Italy

Read as much as you can

I wish you and your country the strength to resist the attack of the coronavirus . ✌

Reactions: Tornado and gibbi
[QUOTE = "gibbi, post: 31617, membro: 5649"]
appena acceso il TX e lo smartphone sul segnale wifi ho notato che quando ho acceso il drone per alcuni secondi è apparso FCC MODE, ma solo pochi secondi, quindi automaticamente e sono tornati alla modalità CE. Mi dispiace fornire solo questo come informazione, ma spero che possa essere utile ... alla fine del mio test ho installato l'ultima versione dell'app (che tuttavia non influisce sul firmware del drone e sul comando tx) al momento non aggiorno il firmware 1.6.7 ma uso solo 1.6.5 come mostro in foto ... attendi notizie ... scusa, sono in Italia
[/CITAZIONE]

Ciao anche io dall'Italia ho provato con un Note 8 a cambiare la lingua con quella degli Stati Uniti poi ho installato FF6 6.3.0 poi con Fake gps negli a NY mi ha dato FCC solo qualche secondo poi è tornato in CE.
Fammi sapere se hai novità !!!!
Io stò in Sardegna qui il Virus è ancora sotto controllo ma sempre in aumento!!!!!

TE = "gibbi, post: 31617, member: 5649"]
just turned on the TX and the smartphone on the wifi signal I noticed that when I turned on the drone for a few seconds FCC MODE appeared, but only a few seconds, then automatically and they returned to CE mode. I'm sorry to provide only this as information, but I hope it will be useful ... at the end of my test I installed the latest version of the app (which however does not affect the drone firmware and the tx command) at the moment I do not update the firmware 1.6.7 but I only use 1.6.5 as a monster in photos ... wait for news ... sorry, I'm in Italy
[/QUOTE]

Hi also from Italy I tried with a Note 8 to change the language with that of the United States then I installed FF6 6.3.0 then with Fake gps in NY he gave me FCC only a few seconds then he returned to CE.
Let me know if you have any news !!!!
I'm in Sardinia here the Virus is still under control but always on the rise !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Germany I had never FCC and this mode was never allowed here. So I don't miss anything. ?
Same for Italy, as far as I know....

Have to say after several flights that the update seems to work well now. No crashes or flaws that I faced....

So I was travelling with none of my Anafis when the update that included battery firmware rolled through. I have seen conflicting reports so didn't go for it since I wasn't flying when I got home. My question is do I now do the latest craft and controller firmware update but leave the batteries on the original firmware?

Thanks folks,
Dan

Based on all the reported problems over the last few months, if I had a working firmware (like 1.63) I would not update. I can't see that any of the updates after that one bring any wonderful new features to the table that would make it worth the risk.

Based on all the reported problems over the last few months, if I had a working firmware (like 1.63) I would not update. I can't see that any of the updates after that one bring any wonderful new features to the table that would make it worth the risk.
Thanks Rocky. That's kind of where I was getting to. Not sure if it will let me but I'll charge up and see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut