Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New iOS update for FF6 6.4.2

MustangPhil

Reaction score
It seems this update is propagating today,
... but this time guys, I wait until you tell me it works before to do the update thing... ;o)
—— edit ——
... while I was typing this message, the update was being implemented on my iPad 4 Mini ... they just mention the App stability improvement ... hope it still works after that !

These are the improvements

Fixes & Improvements

• Corrected an issue where the thumbnail of a panoramain the gallery could be erroneous
  • Removed display of non selected grid in the viewer while displaying a 360° panorama
  • Adjusted the size of the viewer for a 360° panorama
  • Corrected a display issue on the battery temperature alert message

... they seem to have corrected the total and previous flight time in the Anafi summary.
No firmware is changed both on the RC3 and the Anafi (just checked).

... Ok, now YOU fly first !

Nothing in Android yet. I just updated the app in play store but it’s still the 4.1 version. Maybe Android doesn’t need the fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I gave up on using IOS with the Anafi early on as it was always ahead of Apple for release and features. I’m using a galaxy S9 plus for the highly visible screen. I just checked everything again about an hour ago so ago and the app says all current and is not seeing a new android version. I wanted to clarify that I will be watching closely and I will upgrade if it becomes available.

I gave up on using IOS with the Anafi early on as it was always ahead of Apple for release and features. I’m using a galaxy S9 plus for the highly visible screen. I just checked everything again about an hour ago so ago and the app says all current and is not seeing a new android version. I wanted to clarify that I will be watching closely and I will upgrade if it becomes available.

It's just for iOS, don't waste your time or hold your breath if you're an Android user. I shared a link to the latest updates page on Parrot's site yesterday in another update thread.

I don't understand your claim in the first sentence, could you clarify that at all? I use iOS devices & apart from the SD card debacle & a recent brain-fart moment with getting stuck in Cinema mode, I haven't had operation problems caused by any limitations on the devices I use, but I'm interested to hear about yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Efliernz
In the beginning with the Anafi, Apple could not sell you the advanced features so I picked up a used Moto X and downloaded the Android version of FF6. I found the app just as intuitive as the IOS version and no problem getting the follow me and other pay for features working. I stayed with Android since for the Anafi and I enjoy keeping my iPhone a phone and not a drone controller. So perhaps moved away would be a more accurate statement then gave up.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
In the beginning with the Anafi, Apple could not sell you the advanced features so I picked up a used Moto X and downloaded the Android version of FF6. I found the app just as intuitive as the IOS version and no problem getting the follow me and other pay for features working. I stayed with Android since for the Anafi and I enjoy keeping my iPhone a phone and not a drone controller. So perhaps moved away would be a more accurate statement then gave up.

Thank, Craig. I'm still curious about what features the iPhone couldn't deliver for you & therefore what model of iPhone you were using?

I've only had my Anafi since the end of last year, using it with my iPhone 8 Plus & all features & controls have worked for me, even with using my old iPhone 6 Plus all features & controls have worked. But, I understand that the firmware & app were updated in December.

My apologies Craig! I just read this slowly & it makes sense now. For whatever reason the iOS version of FF6 didn't allow you to make the in-app purchases! :rolleyes:

What’s not documented is during the roll out, I was told as a beta tester of FF6 that I would get the pay for features free. So when they released the real app, I expected an easy addition of those two bundles. Since iTunes had not verified their commerce requirements, you couldn’t add anything. This was when the initial personal customer service turned towards the more corporate behavior we are forced to deal with to get said service. They did not honor that offer and later really got me when they refused to accept my proof of purchase even though their registration webpage didn’t work for the first few months and I did it by phone.

So, I had a great relationship with Parrot in the beginning only to be shut out later during the initial hysteria as more units hit the market as they became increasingly overwhelmed with new pilots.
Still a great drone despite them which is pretty much the same with all of the drone manufacturers. I’ve been photo flying quads now for 6 years and do my own repairs so I only need Parrot to start selling more parts like motors so I can maintain them.

Just for fun, I searched Anafi motors. Their site shows a kit but no link to purchase? What am I missing?

I’ve just tried (on the French website) and my basket says ‘ready to ship after paiement’... I did not go further but it seems to work in France.
... You may not be a member of the club ? (You Must know someone inside to be allowed to get in ;o)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut