Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New solaris Hull bebop 2 mod

Hello Gonzalo

Okay, You’re good to go you have the right Controller 2 pertaining to the pictures I included. Take your time, especially soldering positive/negative wires to USB port. Disregard those patch antennas Solaris included with the kit.

And thanks Mike for chiming in, every bit of additional information is a plus. Plus, I don’t think changing the antennas will improve transmission signal, the ones included with Gonzalo’s kit. Yours are good, I have both types of controllers each with Solaris kits.

Good luck Gonzalo, keep us posted.
Paul
Ok Paul i Will proced today when i get Home in a couple of houers. I use Android phone to fly, You think is a "must" doing the resistance thing that Mike posted? Or i could fly fine without doing that? Thanks Paul ?

Yeah, thats the black stick version, I answered your question on the other thread. The white square things are the ceramic antennas for the original version. You won't be using those. I posted pictures in your other thread about installing the kit on that controller.

Apparently he is including them now with the kit, Shame, I have one controller that uses these antennas and maybe replacing them would improve it more.
Mike
Ir is neccesary to do the resistance thing? Or i could fly without doing that? I Also use an Android phone. Thanks!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
You’re welcome Gonzalo

We’ve been in your shoes before, with first time installing the bebop 2 booster kit. We understand, we’ve been there ourselves. You’ll eventually understand the installation, enjoy the learning process.

I never added the resistor to the positive wire soldered to USB port, really don’t know anything about it. I use IPhone and IPad, Looks like Mike knows more on the added resistor. He’s pretty good with the mods, very knowledgeable.

Good luck, and enjoy!
Paul

Reactions: Swordfish
You’re welcome Gonzalo

We’ve been in your shoes before, with first time installing the bebop 2 booster kit. We understand, we’ve been there ourselves. You’ll eventually understand the installation, enjoy the learning process.

I never added the resistor to the positive wire soldered to USB port, really don’t know anything about it. I use IPhone and IPad, Looks like Mike knows more on the added resistor. He’s pretty good with the mods, very knowledgeable.

Good luck, and enjoy!
Paul
Thanks for the support Paul ? Iam starting the mod in 1 houer, countdown time jaja thanks for everething i Will be posting the results, have a nice day

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Mike
Ir is neccesary to do the resistance thing? Or i could fly without doing that? I Also use an Android phone. Thanks!

Yes, there isn't enough power available on the USB port to charge the phone AND power the booster kit. I forget offhand how Solaris tells you to handle the problem, this was a solution I came up with. I have done this and it works well.

Yes, there isn't enough power available on the USB port to charge the phone AND power the booster kit. I forget offhand how Solaris tells you to handle the problem, this was a solution I came up with. I have done this and it works well.
Very informative, I will have to investigate and maybe change power setup from usb. Thanks for sharing! Does anyone know how I can obtain solaris8x86's Performance enhancment suite (PES) software? Maybe someone can send/upload/share file/link? Site seems to be not working thanks in advance!

Quick question for anyone who can help. I'm wondering if I can get a splitter and boost 2 oem bebop 2 leg antennas instead of 1 using solaris's hull mod 2.4ghz booster, or will this cause interference or weaken signal? Thanks in advance.

So RANDOM QUESTION! Does this Solaris mod only put one amp on the drone? Noticed in the pics above that there was only one? Is that the configuration? I mean they boost both channels on the controller but not the bebop? Just curious im waiting on a 2 watt card right now and am hoping to go double (had single "2 watt" I'm sure it never operated at such though, I accidently shorted it about 2 weeks ago) it wasn't the exposed PCB style with IPEX connectors like the one you have it had SMA connectors so I ran a big *** omni directional antenna on it! Lol.... on controller I've done it already and been operating for about 5 months (already installed 2x 4 watt units) curious what is the wattage on the Solaris kit? Thanks all! Check out my post "Bobop antennas and controller mods" for more info....

Attachments

• 20210218_082656.jpg
    20210218_082656.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210215_220813.jpg
    20210215_220813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members