Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

new to dones, bebop 1 and skycontroller. nothing connects

Cake

Reaction score
Hi so i bought a bebop 1 and skycontroller yesterday. and have been trying to set them up, ive looked on google for ages trying to find the problem/solution but with not much luck all the threads i can find say to update firmware via the app, but my issues is the drone or the controller wont connect on the app. and the drone doesnt connect to the controller (it did at first but wouldnt fly at all and not realsing i reset the drone firmware).

the drone and controller i can connect to there wifi on my phone but that doesnt seem to do anything for me the app still says check wifi connection, and when plugging the controller into my phone via usb cable the app still doesnt detect it and tells me to connect the cable, but all that does is starts charging my phone.
ive tried multiple different usb cables. im using a galaxy s20 ultra phone with the Freeflight 6 app, the drone and controller are both yello and black (not sure if that makes any difference in the way of model)
at this point im lost at what to do and would greatly appreciate any help that can get me up and running.

Hi so i bought a bebop 1 and skycontroller yesterday. and have been trying to set them up, ive looked on google for ages trying to find the problem/solution but with not much luck all the threads i can find say to update firmware via the app, but my issues is the drone or the controller wont connect on the app. and the drone doesnt connect to the controller (it did at first but wouldnt fly at all and not realsing i reset the drone firmware).

the drone and controller i can connect to there wifi on my phone but that doesnt seem to do anything for me the app still says check wifi connection, and when plugging the controller into my phone via usb cable the app still doesnt detect it and tells me to connect the cable, but all that does is starts charging my phone.
ive tried multiple different usb cables. im using a galaxy s20 ultra phone with the Freeflight 6 app, the drone and controller are both yello and black (not sure if that makes any difference in the way of model)
at this point im lost at what to do and would greatly appreciate any help that can get me up and running.
Hello
I don’t have a Bebop so can’t offer much assistance but FreeFlight 6 app is for the Anafi drone. For bebop try using Freeflight Pro app
Best of luck

Hello
I don’t have a Bebop so can’t offer much assistance but FreeFlight 6 app is for the Anafi drone. For bebop try using Freeflight Pro app
Best of luck
Ah thank you ive managed to download the freeflight pro, but all i get is sync failed check internet connection.

I am havibng pretty much the identical issues. I am rebnuilding 2 BB 1's and have one ready to fly, or so I thought. I bought a Skycontroller 1 (SC1) and Bebop 1(BB1). They had been sitting in a guys garage he said for 4-5 years and when I got it, it appeared never been flown. Not a scratch on the rubber feet. And I the price point was as much as I had seen the SC1 alone get at auction. I also have a Parrot Fly Pad from Rolling Spider and a Parrot Swing. The issue was known within a half hour of battery them up, and turning them on. I didnt bother to check for updated firmware/ software as I remember that the two, BB1 and SC1 would have been connecting automatically due to be bought together. So I know my way around Parrot products. I was 90% sure I had connected things in the right order, reread manuals but couldn't get Freeflight Pro to hold hands with the BB1. Ego bruised, I ordered 2 "new" boards, advertised as new BB1's, main/motherboards. Why 2? Again price point. Anyways, swapped one board out with the 1st "thought to be broke" board. Same issues. I have tried it with FFP, Auriga, and AR Pro 3. I have tried around 5 different ways to connect all three needed devices. SC1, BB1, and an Motorola G Pure running Android 12, and a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet, running android 11 I believe. I let BB1 and SC1 do their thing and connecting automatically through Wifi. Then connected both Android devices, both through Wifi and USB, and came up with no change. The phone, tablet and AC1 can connect to BB1 through wifi, but FFP will not talk, look, or acknowledge the drone. I have also attempted it with the Fly Pad. Same score. So, in somewhat of a summation, I have Tried 3 different firmware in 3 different devices, 3 different boards, 2 different set of sticks and switches, more mah lipo, more voltage lipo, with one board still untried. My next attempt is to roll back to 3.9.24 in Freeflight. I am past wits end (I think that's why I am still to stubborn to quit, I have no sense left) I know these are fun and super easy to fly. Sorry for it being such a long-winded cry for help, I just wanted to cover a lot of the FAQ that are just not answered or included in first cries. Any help will be idol like. Thanks for reading and helping ahead of time. I will update my progress/set back in a day or two after the downgrade.

choose one device(phone),turn Off all other devices you used to connect to bebop…..turn on skycontroller only….in your phone go to internet setting,in list of networks you should see Skycontrollerxxxx network,connect to it(dont mind “no internet connection“message)….if you dont see skycontroller network you have problem with skycontroller….that said,once connected to skykontroller network get out of setting and open freeflight pro,in upper center part of screen you should see Connect….turn on bebop,wait for bebop to go trough start up,hit Connect in freeflight pro,you should see list of networks,in that list there should be Bebopxxxxx,next to it you should see “connect”,hit it and it should connect and you should be able to see First PersonView in freeflightpro…..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pfirter
Did you ever figure this out? Same issue here, mine connects to phone in phone settings but won't connect to drone in app, connects to the sky controller in app but when selecting connect to drone it won't, staring to think Parrot have bricked them so they're useless now.

Did you ever figure this out? Same issue here, mine connects to phone in phone settings but won't connect to drone in app, connects to the sky controller in app but when selecting connect to drone it won't, staring to think Parrot have bricked them so they're useless now.
so i belive it was down to my phone being to new and the software isnt support on newer phones. in the end i bought a 5" usb powered screen and used that for a while (as the sky controller is basically a android tablet). then found my old galaxy tab 2 and it works perfectly fine with that.

Reactions: Randy Jones
so i belive it was down to my phone being to new and the software isnt support on newer phones. in the end i bought a 5" usb powered screen and used that for a while (as the sky controller is basically a android tablet). then found my old galaxy tab 2 and it works perfectly fine with that.
Thanks for the reply, I kinda figured that the unsupported phone updates would be something to do with it, I'll get hold of an older phone or tab and try that.
Cheers!

Reactions: Randy Jones
Thanks for the reply, I kinda figured that the unsupported phone updates would be something to do with it, I'll get hold of an older phone or tab and try that.
Cheers!
no problem. you can go on amazon and get a 7" monitor (5" was to small to see text) and connect it via hmdi cable and usb (if using the original big controller) if not try the galaxy tab 2 its a little slow but does the job and only cost me about £30

Attachments

• 20230610_085330.jpg
    20230610_085330.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 2
Tried this and still nothing so didn't work for me, then replaced the main motherboard and still nothing, drone starts up and runs the boot up procedure etc, then fan turns off and stays off with green light on waiting to connect.
So thinking either something else on my bebop is toast or the board I bought and replaced mine with is also toast.
Will likely have to buy another board and probably get the same result, really don't wanna give up on it lol

Surely if it was anything but the board then it would still connect but not show video feed or gps or low signal etc?

Skycontroller connects to the drone and shows full wifi signal on sc lights but doesn't show any feed or respond to input, doesn't show on hdmi either, the lights for wifi on skycontroller shows full, battery fill bit lights for drone on sc shows one red light connected or not, with any of the 4 full batteries and a 2200mah lipo with mini tamiya adapter.

Refusing to let this beat me haha.

guys
to fly bebop 1 you need an apple device - android wont work at all
sky controler 0 i cant figure it out how to connect at all
im using parrot bebop1 and ipad mini

guys
to fly bebop 1 you need an apple device - android wont work at all
sky controler 0 i cant figure it out how to connect at all
im using parrot bebop1 and ipad mini
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I think it depends on the version of Android. I'm unable to download Freeflight Pro for my newer Android 12 mobile phone. However my Android 9 tablet is supported.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut