Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

Nicolas
Parrot
Jun '19

Hi,
We do not support firmware downgrades on Anafi. This is not tested and could lead to unexpected issues.
Regarding the “suspected failed” firmware upgrade, this should not happen as the file are checked multiple times for integrity before and during an update. Your Anafi should either refuse/abort the update (and thus stay with the previous version number displayed in FreeFlight) or properly apply it (and display the new version number in FreeFlight)
Regards,
Nicolas.

See freeflight6 FCC mod app. thread #959

So I was right when I wrote that the rules are tightening in the EU and that's why Parrot did something with firmware. So, if you find that you are in a CE country, the new firmware will close this forever. From now on, you can only upgrade if you want FCC, set it up with the modded app, remove the SIM card and update indoors without GPS or with Fake GPS.

I don’t think the rules are ‘tightening’ in the EU regarding drones.

The new set of rule that will be in place next July are even simpler and less strict than the actual rules (I follow the publications of the JARUS group that gives its guidelines to the ASEA in Europe for the next set of rules).

From a French perspective, it will be much simpler to fly. VLOS is less strict than the French one (no distance required, where professionals do have distances), flying over small groups of uninvolved people will be feasible depending on the drone weight...if the risk is close to 0 for pros. The distance to a building is no longer taken into account...

FCC is forbidden in the EU in the present and will still be in the future.

What happens with the last firmware, I am afraid, is not directly related to the European regulation.

Last edited:
I don’t think the rules are ‘tightening’ in the EU regarding drones.

The new set of rule that will be in place next July are even simpler and less strict than the actual rules (I follow the publications of the JARUS group that gives its guidelines to the ASEA in Europe for the next set of rules).

From a French perspective, it will be much simpler to fly. VLOS is less strict than the French one (no distance required, where professionals do have distances), flying over small groups of uninvolved people will be feasible depending on the drone weight...if the risk is close to 0 for pros. The distance to a building is no longer taken into account...

FCC is forbidden in the EU in the present and will still be in the future.

What happens with the last firmware, I am afraid, is not directly related to the European regulation.
which is what Parrot says

They answered you :

Kindly note that the EC-lock is in compliance with the European regulations, and there's no solution around it.

To me it just means they respect previous and future EC rules that won’t change in regards with frequencies and they do not support any tweaks around it. I did not interpret it as a new conformity with future rules (but I may be wrong).
Did you have another answer from their side where they mention July new rules ?

Reactions: d95gas
The rule is that communication power is lower in EC countries and stronger in FCC countries.
They may force Parrot to obey this and eliminate the possibility of circumvention. I thought so, but you didn't understand.
DJI has to keep track of their drones for everyone ... Nice new world ... ??

Last edited:
Reactions: MustangPhil
As American drone operators try to understand how the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) drone Remote Identification proposal would affect them, one of the most concerning issues is proving to be the requirement that every drone transmit the location of its pilot in near-real time.

The ability to locate a drone pilot is extremely useful for police, airports and other authorities to quickly resolve safety and security challenges, but we also understand why some drone pilots don’t want their location available to just anyone.

Soon we may have another hobby, because if all these interventions pass, then we will have to say goodbye to drones forever....

....or fly in the rural areas....scenery is more to my liking.
As American drone operators try to understand how the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) drone Remote Identification proposal would affect them, one of the most concerning issues is proving to be the requirement that every drone transmit the location of its pilot in near-real time.

The ability to locate a drone pilot is extremely useful for police, airports and other authorities to quickly resolve safety and security challenges, but we also understand why some drone pilots don’t want their location available to just anyone.

Soon we may have another hobby, because if all these interventions pass, then we will have to say goodbye to drones forever....
Neither do I update my DJI Spark nor Anafi. Try to observe, follow ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh