Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

After many flights with all latest updates, I still have fcc channels here in Greece and I hope to keep it all forever.
I thought that after many flights will return at CE, but for now the channels are fcc.

I don't want to return at CE, but I' m afraid that if is another issue and at the future will cause an accident.

Yep exactly the same as what I have now, and seems to be locked in. No option for FCC mode, not even with FakeGPS. Parrot have been notified about the situation and so far have only just come back with a couple of dumb questions, so just waiting to see what they intend to do.
You should find out how you upgraded your drone
For those who have already upgraded, write down the following:
- upgraded to original FF6?
- updated with FF6_FCC?
- Which country are you in?
- after upgrade, you have or don't have FCC mode (36-48 channels)

I didn't dare to upgrade yet ...

In hind sight I should have left well alone, but sometimes you have to do things to learn and gain more knowledge.

I upgraded the application by removing my old modded APK which worked fine with FCC channels.
I then installed the RC1 application from the Google Store
On powering up I was informed there was an update (1.64) for the drone, I installed this without any issues.
On powering up I could see only CE Channels, so started playing around with the different applications we have access to, FakeGPS, etc, anything to get FCC Channels back, and nothing at all worked, it just locked me down.

I am in the UK, but do travel, so important I have access to channels such as FCC.

I am waiting for Parrot to come back to me, to see what they are going to do.

Every night I have a little play to see if there is any way around this lock down to CE, but nothing working, think I have tried every trick in the book and it fails, which is why I am confident it is the 1.64 drone update that has locked me down.

So be very careful before you upgrade.

In hind sight I should have left well alone, but sometimes you have to do things to learn and gain more knowledge.

I upgraded the application by removing my old modded APK which worked fine with FCC channels.
I then installed the RC1 application from the Google Store
On powering up I was informed there was an update (1.64) for the drone, I installed this without any issues.
On powering up I could see only CE Channels, so started playing around with the different applications we have access to, FakeGPS, etc, anything to get FCC Channels back, and nothing at all worked, it just locked me down.

I am in the UK, but do travel, so important I have access to channels such as FCC.

I am waiting for Parrot to come back to me, to see what they are going to do.

Every night I have a little play to see if there is any way around this lock down to CE, but nothing working, think I have tried every trick in the book and it fails, which is why I am confident it is the 1.64 drone update that has locked me down.

So be very careful before you upgrade.
Why did you put back the original? Maybe you need to upgrade with FF6_FCC?
Is it also possible that FakeGPS has to set the FCC country before upgrading, because this will be the home setting?
Did Parrot change something under the pressure of the law, like DJI (Mavic Mini is sold in two versions: EU and FCC, cannot be changed)?

B
Why did you put back the original? Maybe you need to upgrade with FF6_FCC?
Is it also possible that FakeGPS has to set the FCC country before upgrading, because this will be the home setting?
Did Parrot change something under the pressure of the law, like DJI (Mavic Mini is sold in two versions: EU and FCC, cannot be changed)?

Why did I put the RC1 candidate back on.... Because the techie in me wanted to see what changes they had made, or added anything new. And what 1.64 gave us.

Prior to upgraded with RC1 I never had to use FakeGPS, I just used the Modded FF6 which gave us all FCC Channels. I have now only used FakeGPS to try and fool the application and bring FCC mode back, but it fails.

I believe that Parrot have done something in the firmware (incorrectly), because some like me are locked on CE and others who should be on CE are locked on FCC.

I also believe other bugs have been uncovered in the 1.64 update, which are causing issues...... This is not the first time Parrot made a screw-up like this, last time was when they did a public release of "In House Software" ..... which we should never have seen...... and there's another story.

B

Why did I put the RC1 candidate back on.... Because the techie in me wanted to see what changes they had made, or added anything new. And what 1.64 gave us.

Prior to upgraded with RC1 I never had to use FakeGPS, I just used the Modded FF6 which gave us all FCC Channels. I have now only used FakeGPS to try and fool the application and bring FCC mode back, but it fails.

I believe that Parrot have done something in the firmware (incorrectly), because some like me are locked on CE and others who should be on CE are locked on FCC.

I also believe other bugs have been uncovered in the 1.64 update, which are causing issues...... This is not the first time Parrot made a screw-up like this, last time was when they did a public release of "In House Software" ..... which we should never have seen...... and there's another story.
I understand!
The question is, who stuck on the FCC did what do other than stuck on the CE?
Could it not depend on where you were at the time of the update, according to GPS? Or if you don't have a GPS (indoors), will you stay with the last one you had?

Last edited:
Like Fmaxii

When I've upgraded, I was indoor, with no gps signal. I'am now with fcc cahnnels, in Greece.
Before the upgrade, I used the fake gps.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
When I updated I was indoors with no GPS signal..... and I am stuck on CE mode :-( I just dont know why, it doesnt make sense really, but the hard facts are there.

And not heard anything back from Parrot since my initial contact, so looks I am screwed as far as FCC goes, so looks like good night to the Anafi...... and hello to my Mavic Pro, which has everything unlocked :)

When I updated I was indoors with no GPS signal..... and I am stuck on CE mode :-( I just dont know why, it doesnt make sense really, but the hard facts are there.

And not heard anything back from Parrot since my initial contact, so looks I am screwed as far as FCC goes, so looks like good night to the Anafi...... and hello to my Mavic Pro, which has everything unlocked :)
He stayed in CE because he returned the original non-FCC freeflight 6 software and updated it. Anafi is French designed and if you don't see GPS, CE is the default setting.

So what should we advise new users?
If you in EU and want FCC install the Mod app and not the official version BEFORE DOING ANY UPDATE of the firmware?
Something I don't like about all that happens.

I stay at the 6.6.2 mod FCC and haven't upgraded to 1.6.4 until things get clear.

So what should we advise new users?
If you in EU and want FCC install the Mod app and not the official version BEFORE DOING ANY UPDATE of the firmware?
Something I don't like about all that happens.

I stay at the 6.6.2 mod FCC and haven't upgraded to 1.6.4 until things get clear.
It would still require some people's experience to confirm what I think about it and you summed it up.
Currently I am using 6.6.2 FCC mod with 1.6.3 firmware.
I haven't flown with him this year.
The new EU drone law will arrive early this summer. Parrot might have done something about it, or it might just have been a bug ...

response from Parrot:

Kindly note that the EC-lock is in compliance with the European regulations, and there's no solution around it.

response from Parrot:

Kindly note that the EC-lock is in compliance with the European regulations, and there's no solution around it.
How do we interpret this now?
1. Like as before, CE country CE, FCC in FCC country
2. Modified and no more switching
??????

Reactions: Felice Leo
How do we interpret this now?
1. Like as before, CE country CE, FCC in FCC country
2. Modified and no more switching
??????
I think is a bug. If someone from usa came in european fcc is in rule? I understand for the new drones like the mavicmini which are distinct at the hardware level because they sell 2 versions but for the old ones that have the change via software I think not. The strange thing is that they only updated the firmware of the drone and not the controller, logic says that the freeflight sees the position that in turn sets the controller in fcc or ce and that finally sends the frequency setting to the drone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame