Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

Hi Guys,

When I attempted to use the FAKEGPS method, I followed everything to the letter. Previous to the update to 1.64 I had FCC channels using the modded APK, and had so on all versions since day 1.

This time around, no matter what trickery I employ, it will not show FCC Channels, Just 1 - 11 and 5Ghz channels.

Tried with your switchable FCC mod and again no go.

Personally I think like you...... Another RC screw-up by Parrot, and that the 1.64 update has crippled it somehow. But will to try anything, got nothing to lose.

Keep trying and thinking of options to rollback firmware, Parrot must have built something in, even if its just for factory use, never really come across a system where there is no rollback option...... Even with DJI and "NoLimitDronez" we can go backwards and forwards with firmware revisions.

Don’t give up. Change all your regional settings to USA, set feet, miles. Uninstall mode, delete internal memory used by mode and it’s cache, install again

Yep everything like that done. Every modded version of FF6 has been tried numerous times. Anafi reset dozens of times. Tablet and 2 Smartphones factory wiped and rebuilt.

FakeGPS - All devices were configured with FakeGPS, FF6 mapping clearly shows me in Florida / Paris / Greece channels still only show
1 - 11 and then normal 5Ghz channels.

Literally at the point now where I have tried every conceivable option and configuration. And fairly confident that its locked to the drone with the 1.64 update...... Very frustrating.

Emailed Parrot support on Thursday, and as of this moment, still no response from them.

There is no option to rollback software, nobody has every managed that or it would have been the first choice.

So my only option left is to either hope that Parrot play ball with me, or wait for an update from 1.64. Its really got me pi&&ed off with Parrot, I thought they were better than the dirty tricks masters "DJI".

It may be irrelevant but I mention it.
Google has recently updated the google maps application with changes (?) to gps and location information.
I haven't yet upgraded ...

Mapping seems to be spot on. Wherever I place myself with FakeGPS, mapping shows it correctly. Even FF6 shows me in the map where FakeGPS is set. When I switch off FakeGPS, location is correct for my home site.

I have a feeling my Saturday is going to be filled with trying every conceivable option :-( Just zapped my XT2 which is rooted, and going to put he modded APK's on that...... But to be honest, I dont hold out much hope.... but one has to try!!

Reactions: Ratmir
Mapping seems to be spot on. Wherever I place myself with FakeGPS, mapping shows it correctly. Even FF6 shows me in the map where FakeGPS is set. When I switch off FakeGPS, location is correct for my home site.

I have a feeling my Saturday is going to be filled with trying every conceivable option :-( Just zapped my XT2 which is rooted, and going to put he modded APK's on that...... But to be honest, I dont hold out much hope.... but one has to try!!
Tried to reset controller in the options? Not calibration.

Yep Several times. Also tried again this morning, starting everything from scratch, and regardless whatever I do, only ever get channels
1 - 11 on 2.4 and 149 153 157 161 165.

As I've already commented, even with FakeGPS all the maps incl FF6 show me in USA or wherever I set it, so now convinced somehow its locked into the drone, with that being the only element that got upgraded.

Reactions: Ratmir
Yep Several times. Also tried again this morning, starting everything from scratch, and regardless whatever I do, only ever get channels
1 - 11 on 2.4 and 149 153 157 161 165.

As I've already commented, even with FakeGPS all the maps incl FF6 show me in USA or wherever I set it, so now convinced somehow its locked into the drone, with that being the only element that got upgraded.
You update the anafi firmware with rc playstore app or with modded app then install playstore app?

Updated with the RC1 app from Play Store app. Removed modded apk from device first, then then did the update

Just been watching a video someone posted on CE/FCC on the Mavic Mini.

Opening statement was " if you have 13 channels you are on CE mode". Then went on to use FakeGPS to set himself in USA and showed his signal screen showing he was in FCC Mode, as below
FCC Mode.PNG

The odd thing, this is EXACTLY what my Anafi is showing after the RC1/1.64 fiasco.

Not sure there is any relationship in this, but though it was worth a mention.

This video is for DJI but I would think its pretty much the same process as with the Anafi. I know you tried fakeGPS already but does this video give you any ideas to try?

This video is for DJI but I would think its pretty much the same process as with the Anafi. I know you tried fakeGPS already but does this video give you any ideas to try?

Hi Augustine,

Yes thats one of the video's I referenced when I was trying various options with FakeGPS, although not specifically tried "Floater", but maybe could swapout FakeGPS for it tomorrow and give it a go. The more I try, the more i am convinced the firmware did something.

Even stood out in the freezing cold this morning to ensure every device had good GPS results.

I have the 6.6.2 mod FCC and only see a drone update notification from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.
(I DON'T SEE UPDATE FOR SC3 _ 1.6.2 Now)
Are you sure if I update the firmware to 1.6.4 without changing the 6.6.2 mod FCC, will I continue to get FCC?

I'm using 6.6.2 mod FCC
Anafi updated to 1.6.4

Have just checked, and yes I still have the previously manually set channel 165 which I'm pretty sure is a FCC only channel.

I'm using 6.6.2 mod FCC
Anafi updated to 1.6.4

Have just checked, and yes I still have the previously manually set channel 165 which I'm pretty sure is a FCC only channel.

You must have and 36,40,44,48 channels also if you are in FCC

Here is my network screen.
Never used the modded apk.
I do not see 165. It was not there on the last FF6 version prior to this update either.

My location is Saint Lucia, Caribbean.

Attachments

• Anafi Network Channel Selection.png
    Anafi Network Channel Selection.png
    645.5 KB · Views: 28
new update on the Skycontroller - version 1.6.3. No information on de the parrot website however, so not sure what it does.

new update on the Skycontroller - version 1.6.3. No information on de the parrot website however, so not sure what it does.
Yes it was part of the Jan 31st update. Most of this update has to do with the thermo.

• Anafi Thermal & Pix4D Mapper compatibility to create 3D thermal renderings.
  • Improved MPP / drone pairing with a USB cable: it will now work even if there is no SD card in the drone.
  • Bugfix for Flight Plans: the automatic landing on last waypoint was not always taken into account.

So as a recap,updating to this firmware in North America on an android device seems to be no problem with the standard Anafi?
No "glitches"?

ie:
- altitude limit still removed
-no range issues
-rth still works
-all camera functions normal
-all functions within FF6 normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member