Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

I am currently on holiday in Australia. I will keep the modded 6.6.2 apk and also I will not upgrade either the Anafi or SC3 untilbI return home to save any problems occuring.

Just be aware of my post in this section.

I did the RC 1 app and the 1.64 update to the bird, now no matter what version of software I use, I cannot get FCC mode anymore.

Prior to the update I was able to get FCC on any of the modded applications we had access to, now I have nothing.

Tried on 2 different devices and both give the same channels, and no FCC.

Just be aware of my post in this section.

I did the RC 1 app and the 1.64 update to the bird, now no matter what version of software I use, I cannot get FCC mode anymore.

Prior to the update I was able to get FCC on any of the modded applications we had access to, now I have nothing.

Tried on 2 different devices and both give the same channels, and no FCC.
I believe it is a firmware bug (switch in CE-FCC AND FCC-CE based on geolocation not work with 1.64 anafi firmware). If you update the firmware with the drone in fcc it stay in fcc and does not change in CE. Same thing if you do it in CE it stay in CE. This explains why some are directly in FCC without using modded app. Wait for another firmware that solve this bug. Try to reset the drone and the controller then disinstall app and power off drone and controller restart smarthphone and then install 6.62 modded app with the fakegps.

Last edited:
Just to clarify the diffs:

from AnafiWifiAccessPoint.java

mode FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable by ds2atc

/* access modifiers changed from: private */
public void sendDetectedCountry() {
String us = "US";
ReverseGeocoderUtility reverseGeocoderUtility = this.mReverseGeocoder;
if (reverseGeocoderUtility == null || reverseGeocoderUtility.getAddress() == null) {
this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(us);
return;
}
String countryCode = this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress().getCountryCode();
if (this.mWifiAccessPoint.channel().get().getChannelId() != 161 && this.mWifiAccessPoint.channel().get().getChannelId() != 11) {
this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(us);
} else if (countryCode != null && !countryCode.equals(this.mCountryCode)) {
this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(countryCode);
}
}

/* access modifiers changed from: protected */
public final void onCommandReceived(@NonNull ArsdkCommand arsdkCommand) {
int featureId = arsdkCommand.getFeatureId();
if (featureId == 34560) {
ArsdkFeatureWifi.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mWifiCallback);
} else if (featureId == 3) {
SettingsState.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mSettingsStateCallback);
}
}
}

official FreeFlight66.6.5-rc1_source

/* access modifiers changed from: private */
public void sendDetectedCountry() {
ReverseGeocoderUtility reverseGeocoderUtility = this.mReverseGeocoder;
if (reverseGeocoderUtility != null && reverseGeocoderUtility.getAddress() != null) {
String countryCode = this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress().getCountryCode();
if (countryCode != null && !countryCode.equals(this.mCountryCode)) {
this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(countryCode);
}
}
}

/* access modifiers changed from: protected */
public final void onCommandReceived(@NonNull ArsdkCommand arsdkCommand) {
int featureId = arsdkCommand.getFeatureId();
if (featureId == 34560) {
ArsdkFeatureWifi.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mWifiCallback);
} else if (featureId == 3) {
SettingsState.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mSettingsStateCallback);
}
}
}

try this:
install mode FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable ;
set wifi to every channel except #11 or #161( only this selectable mod);
reset drone;
start fakegps, check that yu are realy in usa;
turn on drone and skycontroler;
wait till they are ready;
plug cable to gadget -> mod starts, login and so on;
gps on skycontroller icon must be green;
back to main screen or something else;
unlpug gadget and then close mod. Its important;
turn off drone and controller;
turn off fakegps, check that yu return back;
now again turn on drone, controller and then plug the cable and see the results.

You can check the wifi signal by some android wifi analyzer. Diffs between FAC and CE are visible and up to 6-10db. Its very roughly, but accessibly.

Last edited:
I believe it is a firmware bug (switch in CE-FCC AND FCC-CE based on geolocation not work with 1.64 anafi firmware). If you update the firmware with the drone in fcc it stay in fcc and does not change in CE. Same thing if you do it in CE it stay in CE. This explains why some are directly in FCC without using modded app. Wait for another firmware that solve this bug. Try to reset the drone and the controller then disinstall app and power off drone and controller restart smarthphone and then install 6.62 modded app with the fakegps.
You are undoubtedly right that is why with IOS and Android I am in FCC ;)

To be frank this software method of FCC switching has flaws - my personal experience I get no change in flight distances when using the FCC mod or original.

I suspect that while the FCC mod is having an impact on the SC3, I don't think the ANAFI itself is changing.

FCC mod is not only about channel selection, it is also RF power output. Maybe the SC3 is using the higher RF output allowed by FCC mode, but I don't think the ANAFI is!!

The FF6 code has many references to INDOOR / OUTDOOR in the WIFI settings code, which I would think is to determine RF power output levels - most likely similiar parameters are used by the ANAFI firmware - which is a blackbox to us!

I tend to lose signal from the drone (Video & Telemetry) around 500m at my local flying area, and this is the same FCC mod or NOT.

Of course it allows me to select channels which hopefully no-one using non-FCC can use :)

hi,
before latest updates I had the ff6 from Google play store and I put fcc channels with the fake gps, no mod app. When I installed the latest updates I have always fcc channels.
I know another guy to never install mod and fake gps here in EU and was at CE channels always. When he put latest updates, he is in fcc channels.

I think guys that Parrot put free the fcc channels in these latest updates.

try this:
install mode FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable ;
set wifi to every channel except #11 or #161( only this selectable mod);
reset drone;
start fakegps, check that yu are realy in usa;
turn on drone and skycontroler;
wait till they are ready;
plug cable to gadget -> mod starts, login and so on;
gps on skycontroller icon must be green;
back to main screen or something else;
unlpug gadget and then close mod. Its important;
turn off drone and controller;
turn off fakegps, check that yu return back;
now again turn on drone, controller and then plug the cable and see the results.

You can check the wifi signal by some android wifi analyzer. Diffs between FAC and CE are visible and up to 6-10db. Its very roughly, but accessibly.

Well looks like "Parrot" have totally screwed us over with this update.

Tried all the above, with various packages including "switchable" and no joy, only get EU channels.

Using FakeGPS the Map on FF6 confirms I am in USA, but regardless of what I have tried, frequencies will not move to FCC.

So looks like a strongly worded email to Parrot, as this has now screwed me over for travelling, means even when I travel to the states and other places, I wont be able to use FCC frequencies.

And as far as I am aware nobody has found how to downgrade the firmware.

Lets see what support have to say. Thanks for everyone's input.

Reactions: Ephios and Thanev
Well looks like "Parrot" have totally screwed us over with this update.

Tried all the above, with various packages including "switchable" and no joy, only get EU channels.

Using FakeGPS the Map on FF6 confirms I am in USA, but regardless of what I have tried, frequencies will not move to FCC.

So looks like a strongly worded email to Parrot, as this has now screwed me over for travelling, means even when I travel to the states and other places, I wont be able to use FCC frequencies.

And as far as I am aware nobody has found how to downgrade the firmware.

Lets see what support have to say. Thanks for everyone's input.
Good luck

I have the 6.6.2 mod FCC and only see a drone update notification from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.
(I DON'T SEE UPDATE FOR SC3 _ 1.6.2 Now)
Are you sure if I update the firmware to 1.6.4 without changing the 6.6.2 mod FCC, will I continue to get FCC?

hi,
before latest updates I had the ff6 from Google play store and I put fcc channels with the fake gps, no mod app. When I installed the latest updates I have always fcc channels.
I know another guy to never install mod and fake gps here in EU and was at CE channels always. When he put latest updates, he is in fcc channels.

I think guys that Parrot put free the fcc channels in these latest updates.

Android or IOS ?
I've never heard this before

I have the 6.6.2 mod FCC and only see a drone update notification from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.
(I DON'T SEE UPDATE FOR SC3 _ 1.6.2 Now)
Are you sure if I update the firmware to 1.6.4 without changing the 6.6.2 mod FCC, will I continue to get FCC?
Yes only anafi 1.64 and I think better not upgrade this firmware and wait for next release, plus if you see the changelog all change is for anafi thermal and not for classic (parrot has unified the firmware if they want to update that of anafi thermal also update the classic).

Reactions: crossroad
I have read all the replies here, and my no1 guess is that,
"FRANCE GETS FCC"

since Parrot is a French company, they need to add FR to FCC countries list for the tests.

Reactions: pa911 and crossroad
Any suggestions for @d95gas problem? He seems to have lost it even with the old modded App.
I got this idea.

I will change "US" to "FR", and let's see if he can use FCC,

Also, I'm not sure if he did the "proper way" to use FakeGPS.

Last edited:
I have read all the replies here, and my no1 guess is that,
"FRANCE GETS FCC"

since Parrot is a French company, they need to add FR to FCC countries list for the tests.
I think is something in the last firmware are broken the switch FCC-CE. Someone update the firmware with the drone in fcc stay forever in FCC with and without app modded (someone with ios have fcc after upgraded the firmware with app modded fcc with android) and does not change in CE. Sameone have disinstall app modded and install playstore rc app with CE and then update the new firmware now stay forever in CE and and it no longer changes in FCC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53