Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

I have updated both tablet(NVIDIA Shield) and phone(Xiaomi Mi 8).
App shows 6.6.5 RC1.
Made 2 flights which both went fine.
Took the opportunity to try Arcade and some smartshots.

I am still unable to share My flights from my phone.
The apps options do not show up.

Attachments

• My flights Share prompt.jpg
    My flights Share prompt.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 56
Wow! Very interesting that Pix4D mapper says you can make a thermal map now with the Lepton sensor. I cannot wait to test this out.

Reactions: dashSolo
Any problem with instalation, any features? I have message that update to 1.6.4 is available.

Buongiorno, aggiornato FF6 ver. 6.6.5-rc1
Sono presenti i canali FCC

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 61
Updates done, without problem, but, fcc channels are visible, here in France... strange..
i did try to fly, because of bad weather

I see, and I can select the fcc channels in FF6.

mistake in my last message: I did NOT try to fly, because of the weather

From Google Playstore :
- last edited 30/01/2020, Freeflight 6, version 6.6.5-rc1 !!!

And what means rc (rc1, rc2 etc..) :
Release Candidate (RC) is the build released internally to check if any critical problems have gone undetected into the code during the previous development period. Release candidates are NOT for production deployment, but they are for testing purposes only.
Sometimes software vendors make one or two release candidates (RC1, RC2, etc.) available to select customers in advance of the official release.

I think I'll stick with version 6.6.2 until the official version 6.6.5 .
(and the mod FCC ...)

But I will do the latest firmware upgrade for anafi & SC3
I hope I have no problem

I am currently on holiday in Australia. I will keep the modded 6.6.2 apk and also I will not upgrade either the Anafi or SC3 untilbI return home to save any problems occuring.

Reactions: crossroad
I am currently on holiday in Australia. I will keep the modded 6.6.2 apk and also I will not upgrade either the Anafi or SC3 untilbI return home to save any problems occuring.

Agree.
Do you think that only firmware upgrade (for anafi & SC3) will cause problems for those who do not upgrade the software?
There may be a problem.
On the other hand, how dangerous are flights without any upgrades?

On the other hand, how dangerous are flights without any upgrades?

As far as I can see the changelog for the latest update does not include anything that would lead me to conclude that it is vital to update to fix a bug that would cause the Anafi to crash, be uncontrollable or fto fy away. My Anafi is also well over a year old and therefore out of guarantee.

Reactions: Thanev
As I am now with the 6.6.2 mod FCC right now, I only see the drone update notification from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4.
There is no corresponding notification for SC3 update, which is in version 1.6.2.
I think I will remain as I am and will not update until the situation is clear.

Reactions: Thanev
As the other thread is now locked, I thought I would post the following here, which is probably more appropriate now I think about it.

The background is that I have 2 devices I use for flying: A Huawei phone & a Huawei tablet Both have always run the modded APK without issue, giving me access to FCC (I am UK Based).

The other night when the RC1 APK appeared, I installed on the tablet. It then informed me the drone needed an update to 1.64, no update for the controller and that stayed on 1.63

Since then:

And the saga continues :-( ....... So 2 different devices, Phone and Tablet, tried every version we have ever had modded, nothing will show FCC Channels on either device.

So now starting to convince myself the firmware update yesterday has locked something in. In the middle of this, I am starting to confuse the hell out of myself.

So can I clarify, in order to get this showing, does the Controller and Drone need to gave good green GPS, OR is that irrelevant as its fixed to FCC mode in the software, so doesn't depend on GPS telling it where it is? It's freezing out there at the moment :)

Regardless of whether I stand outside and get a good GPS signal, or whether I stand inside, doesn't seem to make any difference.

The tablet and Phone are used for nothing else but the drones, and upto last night with RC1 and Firmware update, there has never been any problem.

So just need a little clarity on process before I lose the will to live :)

Thanks

And many hard resets done

So now starting to convince myself the firmware update yesterday has locked something in.

"Dont worry, be happy" Most of diffs between ver 6.6.2 and 6.6.5 rc1 in dialogs, menus, login via facebok, flightplan dialogs and some more.

Seems they add support to a new dron in app 6.6.5 rc1

from file drone.java

ANAFI_4K(2324),
ANAFI_THERMAL(2329),
ANAFI_2(2330); /** new string added */

• Love
Reactions: zandoli
All I know is how to look at it. Not a coder so I will not attempt to change it but here is the difference between the modded App and the new App.

Modded code
/* access modifiers changed from: private */
public void sendDetectedCountry() {
ReverseGeocoderUtility reverseGeocoderUtility = this.mReverseGeocoder;
if (reverseGeocoderUtility != null && reverseGeocoderUtility.getAddress() != null) {
Address address = this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress();
if ("US" != 0 && !"US".equals(this.mCountryCode)) {
this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry("US");

New App Code
/* access modifiers changed from: protected */
public final void onCommandReceived(@NonNull ArsdkCommand arsdkCommand) {
int featureId = arsdkCommand.getFeatureId();
if (featureId == 34560) {
ArsdkFeatureWifi.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mWifiCallback);
} else if (featureId == 3) {
ArsdkFeatureCommon.SettingsState.decode(arsdkCommand, this.mSettingsStateCallback);
}

Reactions: Ephios
I have made the changes already, if anyone is interested I can post a link somewhere.

However other changes include changes to the flight mode bar, I have 6 buttons (instead of 5 with the standard app) with the FPV mode shown on the second page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320