Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tnx Alex. So it doesn't help that I sitting here and looking for the update on my Android. ?

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Tnx Alex. So it doesn't help that I sitting here and looking for the update on my Android. ?

Regards Leif.
This one's not for you Android folks by the looks of it, Leif!

Fixes & Improvements
  • Corrected an issue where the thumbnail of a panoramain the gallery could be erroneous
  • Removed display of non selected grid in the viewer while displaying a 360° panorama
  • Adjusted the size of the viewer for a 360° panorama
  • Corrected a display issue on the battery temperature alert message

I do wonder if they have also fixed the SD card fiasco? I'll try it out later on to see.

Reactions: Steph004 and Landbo
I have discovered 3 related issues with Flight Plan:

The drone pauses at each waypoint when any of the following occurs:
  • There is a camera angle adjustment after the waypoint
  • There is a speed change after the waypoint
  • The drone is flying "backwards" (flying one direction but looking behind)

The drone should NOT pause at waypoints due to these items.

Camera Angle Adjustment: Instead of pausing at waypoints with camera adjustments, the drone SHOULD continue to smoothly flyby the waypoint, starting the camera adjustment as it crosses the waypoint and continuing the camera adjustment as it flies to the next waypoint (the angle change and degrees per second change in the camera adjustment would then determine how long the adjustment actually takes). As it is now, the drone stops, begins the camera adjustment and then continues flying (even if the camera adjustment isn't complete). There should be no stop just because a camera adjustment is requested.

Speed Change: When there is a speed adjustment after a waypoint, the drone should NOT pause but should cross the waypoint and begin to accelerate/decelerate to the new speed.

Flying "Backwards": There is no reason the drone should pause at each waypoint when flying "backwards", it should smoothly fly through each waypoint without pause or hesitation.
These issues STILL exist, it is VERY disappointing that Parrot has not fixed these relatively easy issues to fix (I reported them 5+ months ago to them).

Is there any other program that can be used for Flight Plans with Anafi that doesn't have issues like this (it doesn't seem like Parrot is too interested in fixing Flight Plan, which is very unfortunate as the Flight Plan portion was one of the reasons I bought Anafi).

This test flight I did today after the latest update shows the issue still exists, all of these waypoints were set as "fly-by" waypoints and should have had no pauses, everywhere you see the speed drop to nearly 0 is where I had set a camera angle change, the waypoints where there were no camera angle changes set the drone flew smoothly past.

94579.jpg

Can you post your actual flight plan time line? My experience before when I messed with this was it took a lot of editing in that time line to get specific results. I found placing POIs along my route got my movements and angles the way I wanted them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Can you post your actual flight plan time line? My experience before when I messed with this was it took a lot of editing in that time line to get specific results. I found placing POIs along my route got my movements and angles the way I wanted them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, adding a POI the drone will fly smoothly through the waypoints that are associated with the POI, but if there is no POI associated with a waypoint and there is a speed or camera adjustment after the waypoint the drone will slow to a stop and then restart (as it begins to make the camera adjustment).

Same here. No banked turns as of latest FW update when that feature is turned on in settings. I did a compass recalibrate and still no joy. I hope Parrot fixes this soon, as flat turns are very erratic and annoying.

Same here. No banked turns from February update. Recalibrated failed, reset as drone as SC3 also does not work banked turn

Last edited:
Just got an update notice from Google Play that a March 6 release is available.

Downloading it now.

Will update this trhread if Data Sync issue is fixed in Android.

Screenshot was posted o the link I just sent you.

Mine is the same.

How support can be so clueless as to not be informed of this issue is quite alarming!

How Parrot can release such an obvious major bug completely shatters my confidence in Parrot products!!!

I have 3 Anafis but will be VERY hesitant to purchase Parrot products in the future.

Pat

On 3/6/20 9:49 AM, Support Parrot wrote:

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing back.

Please provide us with a screenshot of the Data Synchronization issue, so I can escalate this issue, and get back to you with a solution.

Kind Regards,
Paul D.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Phone: 1 (877) 972-7768

Just installed the March 6, 2020 Android update and no longer get the Data Sync on opening FreFlight 6 with no Controller connection.

Will test now with Controller and Anafi connected and powered on.

My Data Sync issue seems to be fixed with this update.

March 6, 2020 update release
Android FreeFlight 6 Version: 6.6.6
Anafi Software Version: 1.6.5
Controller Software Version: 1.6.3

Test flight OK with Anafi battery 93% down to 14%. Flight time not measured but seemed normal.

No further battery upgrade required. All batteries were updated with the previous buggy March 5 Freeflight 6 update. Hope all goes well with my other 4 batteries :)

My Data Sync issue seems to be fixed with this update.

March 6, 2020 update release
Android FreeFlight 6 Version: 6.6.6
Anafi Software Version: 1.6.5
Controller Software Version: 1.6.3

Test flight OK with Anafi battery 93% down to 14%. Flight time not measured but seemed normal.

No further battery upgrade required. All batteries were updated with the previous buggy March 5 Freeflight 6 update. Hope all goes well with my other 4 batteries :)
Don't keep this old post alive. New on this topic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood