Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update to FF6 and new firmware updates for Anafi and tx

Anyone know how the lossless zoom function will work with the 2.7K video resolution?

I did some tests with the new updates. So far only the handlanding is a little bit dodgy. Before it was working much better. But now when landed on my hand the engines shut off much later, it feels like if it wants to take off again , before it was most of the time directly. Rth works good with the manual altitude setting

Yes, I've just flown one battery before it started to rain. I have not found any errors in the software. But unfortunately, I have found that ABK can not deliver images in the RAW (DNG) format.

There is much left to be tested.

Regards Leif.

In the Android app, my one always used to display minus 1 still photos taken until you took a photo. Have they fixed that?

Also file times under Windows used to be an hour out (log flight times correct) Summertime issue I guess.

I seem to have lost live video. Or to be exact I get about one frame a minute. :(

I do not know your phone.
Have you tried another USB cable ?
Can you display a screenshot of the screen ?

Regards Leif.

So far I've tried:
  • an alternative tablet
  • direct conenction w/o Sky Controller
  • different cable to controller
  • various different camera options
  • cleared app data
Screencap of me zooming the camera (towards my old ARDrone). Note 8 seconds before it shows anything, and it seems worse in flight.

You were zooming in-out-in-out (see factor on the left side: 1.0.. 3.0..1.0) very fast and starting with this very early in your video, when the screen is still black.
Means you are confusing the drone by permanently zooming in and out. What will you prove with this Video?

It's not 'confusing the drone', it's zooming fine and recording to the SD card but the live feed isn't appearing. It's frozen like this whether zooming, flying, tilting, turning etc.

So far I've tried:
  • an alternative tablet
  • direct conenction w/o Sky Controller
  • different cable to controller
  • various different camera options
  • cleared app data
Screencap of me zooming the camera (towards my old ARDrone). Note 8 seconds before it shows anything, and it seems worse in flight.

Yes you have tried many things, obviously without any luck.

We others have a hard time figuring out how your live screen looks when you're not flying. Can you try to get Anafi in the air and YAW slowly and make a small video ?

I have two additional tablets where Freeflight6 is installed. Have just updated both for the new edition and will try to fly with both here over dinner.

What version of the phone do you have ? Google tells me it is available in several editions.

Regards Leif.

It's not 'confusing the drone', it's zooming fine and recording to the SD card but the live feed isn't appearing. It's frozen like this whether zooming, flying, tilting, turning etc.
No, in your video you are zooming max. in-out-in... in only a few seconds. The life video cannot follow this fast zooming.

It's XT1039. Yes I'll try a screencap in flight when possible.

Thanks for the information. Can see it is a 1.2 GHz processor with 4 cores in your phone. The phone is pretty old as it was released in July 2014.

EDIT: Motorola Moto G 4G XT1039

My test flight did not go well either, as I have to find that one of my tablets has a quite big delay on live video. However, it did not seem to be as big as on your phone. The tablet is powered by a quad core intel with a clockfreq of 1.8 GHz.

I have to conclude that the new version of the APP has become a lot of processor hungry. There must be some horsepower behind the phone / tablets used for FreeFlight6 now.

I can unfortunately only suggest you complain to Parrot or buy a new phone with a more powerful processor. :(

Regards Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut