Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New User Problem

Jimmy5498

Reaction score
Hi everyone and sorry if i'm repeating myself. I purchased a second hand anafi which has the Vertical Camera failure. The gimbal also does not calibrate when power-up or by the menu. The image is displayed on the screen okay and I can zoom but no gimbal up\down and it wont take off. I have the option in the top of the screen but when I press it does nothing. The drone and battery updated when I powered it up and connected to the app

Ive now stripped it down and vertical error has gone but still no gimbal movement or calibration

If you move the gimbal by hand is it free and smooth in all directions and nothing fouls it? Also look if the gimbal support bracket is bent. You could try removing the white outer case of the camera and see whether it will calibrate.

Reactions: BRC
Liger yes the gimbal moves freely and the support bracket look good. When i stripped it down i had a good look at the gimbal cable connections and they looked okay

The gimbal switch on the remote clicks when i try and move it not a free up\down switch. Like i said on startup the gimbal does not move but i get a video feed to the phone and the zoom, probably digit, works. I will try the gimbal with the camera covers removed and ket you know. Much appreciated

Have you tried to perform a hard reset of drone after you corrected vertical camera error. It may be worth a try.

I had a Anafi crash into a tree and spent the winter out doors. When I recovered it in the spring the camera gimbal did nothing like yours. I was able to get it working by using a plastic orange peeler and running it along each connection I could see coming from the camara\gimbal to the drone.

Removing the camera housing has done nothing.
The issue with the up\down not working is the controller switch which is broken inside and the potentiometer is not turning. How do you do a reset ? Press the battery button? So at the moment the gimbal shows video okay, not to stable as the gimbal not working to well. Even if I could get it to stabilise, I can then concentrate on acquiring a remote controller switch - god knows where !!

First I would take the controller out of the equation.
You are able to connect phone via wifi directly to drone, these are designed to be able to fly without controller
once you have connected to drone start FF6 and at home screen click the drone icon on upper screen, looks like a butterfly
it will open another screen that will allow camera calibration - then another screen opens with an option for gimbal calibration
does it allow you to perform a gimbal calibration???

You can also test the gimbal tilt in FF6 in fly screen (without controller connected) - on far right side of screen is a vertical slider bar, slide up and down for tilt
If neither of these work then try hard reset of drone
attached troubleshooting document explaining hard reset
If none of these help i would suggest double checking cables as per Agustines post
Let us know if you have further questions or clarifications
Best of luck

Attachments

• troubleshooting_anafi (3).pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Liger 1956
Brc in response to the first item. No when I press calibrate gimbal and press the green box nothing happens. I will try the resets tomorrow as per the attached. Many thanks

So situation is the same. I’ve stripped the camera and checked all connections as well as the ribbon connector on what appears the small power board. So picture is there as is the zoom but no movement on the gimbal tilt or pan at all. The gimbal feels the same resistance when the drone is powered or not.

during powerup of drone while it's initializing do you see or hear the prop motors move, each should slightly twitch in sequence

If may want to look at the thread below if you haven’t seen it already
Best of luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut